• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Fan fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Part III
Alastor was thinking about his past. Though he was imprisoned in the sword for millenium,
He clearly remembered his last days.
Like all the demons did in their youth, Alastor had to go to the academy of Devil Arts. There
young devils discovered their natural abilities and the ways of controlling them. From his
birth, Alastor was filled with the crushing Devil Trigger energy. His parents died from the
humans' exorcists, so he didn't realised his true powers. Young Alastor was found by a famous
Demon Azan, who was the founder of Academy of Devil Arts. Azan was a wise demon, so he felt
the enormous power shackled in the soul of young boy. Of course, that would be a mistake to
miss such a promising student, so Alastor was accepted to the Academy. He made great sucess
with controlling his natural power, so he could transfer his energy to the material elements,
lightning and fire. To show how Alastor differs from the others, Azan decided to present him
a very special robe, which was covered by red heiroglyphs, that meant power. He also named
young demon Alastor (what means "Dragon" in Demonic), because sometimes his power channels
were overpowered and his power signs became glowing and his eyes changed to the serpent eyes.
Knowing the true power of Alastor, Azan was afraid of the young demon being isolated. Unfortunately,
he was partially right: very few students dare to talk to Alastor, and the whole Academy was
rumored that Alastor is very dangerous, and everyone who spoke to him died. However, there was
one, who was not afraid of Alastor and even became his friend. Shakr, the young demon, who
was ambitious and cheerful, saw the loneliness of Alastor and decided to help him. Master
Azan was very pleased with this fact, and so was Alastor. Finally, it was time for exam.
"I wonder, how master Azan going to surprise us?"- Alastor asked as they stood before the
door, which led to the training ground."I hope this exam will be the same as the last year's -
Shakr answered, students had to fight each other, and the one, who won was graduated". "But,
considering the fact you're not the ordinary student, I would say they will give something
special,"- he added. Alastor sighed, showing he had no idea about future test.
"Alastor, Shakr, please proceed to the training ground!"- the voice announced. Shakr was right:
Azan asked one of the most skillful trainers, Payne, to test our heroes in combat. Payne was
aware of Alastor's inhuman agility, speed and strenght as well as his ability to convert his
energy to the deadly elemental attacks. He also knew about Shakr's impressive sword skill,
combined with his only, yet powerful "Aurra" element. Master Payne had wide list of hand-to-hand
attacks and could also use teleportations to avoid attacks. He calmly waited until the announcement
and then teleported to the arena.
Alastor attentively studied demon who stood before them. He was quite tall with dark hair.
His eyes caused the strange feeling of endless torture in nowhere, so Alastor whispered to
Shakr not to look into master's eyes. "Your progress seems very impressive to me - Payne began,
let us test your skills on this battlefield.". "Enough talk! Straight to the point! - Shakr
interrupted. Alastor noticed that master smiled. "Shakr, no! - he shouted."Aurra!". The bright ray
spreaded from Shakr's palm and hit master Payne. "Easy" - he said. "Too easy" - thought Alastor.
"I doubt that your temper will lead you to victory" - said master Payne. He was uninjured. It seemed
that Aurra didn't make an effect on him. "Impossible!" - cried Shakr. But he quickly collected himself.
- Aurra!
- You've missed again, student.
- Aurra!
- Try again.
- Aur...
Suddenly, Payne bounced off the wall and performed a quick slide in the air. Then his leather boot hit
Shakr's nose.
- Owch!
- You ran out of tries, Shakr. But it seems that Alastor still got something to show us.
Alastor noded, showing that he is prepared. He made a fast dash forward, casting Igni with his left hand,
and made a simple strike with his right hand. Of course, Payne easily blocked it, and hold his right hand.
- I can say that I am disappointed in you, Alastor.
Then he saw Alastor's Igni element, but pretended that he didn't noticed this.
- So, student, what is your next turn?
- Bite this!
Alastor expected to hit master Payne with Igni and then perform a lower slide kick, to make master fall.
- Not bad, not bad at all!
Alastor found himself on a ground with his Igni released to nowhere. Fortunately, he looked up, so he could roll
left to dodge master's falling hit.
- But you must use something special instead of your common attacks.
"We can not beat him deliberately, how about a little friends' co-op?"- Shakr suggested when Alastor stood up.
"Let's do this!"- Alastor said with roguish smile. He did a heavy blow, which raised the cloud of dust, so friends could
have sudden effect. Shakr performed wide horizontal slash while running forward, and Alastor did a wallrun, then bounced
off the wall and did a falling vertical kick. Payne seemed to be prepared for this attack and made a quickly step left.
When Shakr came closer, master teleported onto one of four pillars, that were put up on the training ground.
- No use, that didn't work, - Alastor summed up
- Is he vulnerable? - Shakr asked desperately
- I am, but you two will never hit me if you try that bad.
- Aurra! / Pyros!
Master easily dodged this combined power of flame and light, and threw a boulder in Shakr. However, Shakr was on guard,
so he sliced it into pieces.
- That can go on pretty long, I admit. Now, I will go offence,- master said with cold emotion
Then he disappeared.
- Where is he?- Shakr asked
- Stay on your guard, - said Alastor
- Tornado! - shouted Payne
He used one of his most deadliest tecniques versus Shakr, but it was, of course, weakened in order not to kill student.
However, this blow was very strong. Shakr was sent in a long flight. Then he hit the wall.
- It seems that your friend is down from the count now.
- Zeus!
Alastor used his own element of divine lightning, it was the most destructive, yet unstable elemental attack. He was able
to see the confusion and even fear on the face of master Payne. However, examinator quickly recovered and dodged the most
dangerous part of lightning bolt with a barrel roll. But he didn't noticed that Alastor jumped in the mid-air and stretched
his hand.
- Pyros!
The wave of flame radiated outward Alastor and a comet fell on the place, where master stood. Payne made a backsault, and
slided on the ground. Alastor prepared Igni and hit the ground with it. The fire pillars headed to master Payne. He could
dodge, but was disoriented for two seconds. This time was enough for Alastor to execute a crushing series of hits. Master
blocked some of them, but he missed the last, the most powerfull blow, which send him flying.
- That was only one hit, you are still far from the objective - defeating me.
Suddenly, the dark clouds covered sky, and heavy rain started.
Master dashed forward, prepared to dodge any attack, but Alastor stood on one place, looking on the floor. Payne did his
incredible combos that could knock unconscious even strong Devils, but it seems that Alastor ignored his hits. Suddenly,
Alastor pushed examinator away like a doll. Something has changed in young demon. He was covered with black smoke, and his
power signs pulsed as never before. He slowly raised his head, and master Payne non-willingly did a step back. He saw deep
blue abyss in the eternal light, which spreaded from the eyes of Alastor.
- What are you?! Why do not you fear looking in my eyes?
- I am Alastor,- Alastor slowly replied
Alastor executed punch-punch-kick combo, which was simple, yet powerfull. Master returned with straight jab in Alastor's face.
Then, Payne did Tomahawk kick (downward vertical kick), but Alastor recovered and did a roundkick, which left lightning trail
in the air. Then master Payne and Alastor fell on the ground strenghtless. Though two fighters were exhausted with the battle,
Alastor managed to get up slowly. Payne stood on his knees. Alastor limped towards him and grabbed his shoulder.
- Isn't it time to give up? - he whispered, coughing with blood
- Nnno!
- You don't actually have... a choice
- I said...
- Then die!
Alastor raised his hand and began charging Zeus for a final blow. Suddenly he fell on the ground unconscious.
The rain stopped.
Alastor woke up in his room. He looked around, got dressed, and felt pain. Though he was a demon, his injures recovered
slowly, due to his loss of power. When he entered the hall, he saw master Payne, master Azan and Shakr. Master Payne seemed
to be fully renewed, and Shakr looked OK too.
- I am here to congratulate you, student Alastor. Or, it will be more precisious to say Alastor? - said Azan
- Congratulate me with what?
- We're graduated, friend!- said Shakr
- Master Payne, are you okay?
- You given me a hard job. But you are good, friends.
And so, Alastor and Shakr graduated from the academy and faced their destiny.
Our heroes decided to stay in the inn for some time, and then continue their journey. The town they were in was called Darkwood
for the mystical (even for the Demon world) events happened there. The inhabitants of Darkwood warned friends thatit is dangerous
for travellers to stop in the town for more then one night, but Alastor made it clear that they are not afraid of anything.
Later that night, Alastor felt someone approaching his room. It was not Shakr, the footsteps were too fast and quiet. Alastor
began casting Igni and waited calmly. The door slowly opened...

Dark Elf

Dagger user
- Master Payne?
- You are right. Although you had proven yourself as a skilled fighters, I thought you may need some help.
- Help with what?
- The locals are telling the truth, Alastor. It seems that this place crawls with Mundus' scum.
- Mundus? I thought he was banished!
- It is true, but only partially.
- What do you mean?
- He is now hiding in the depths of Underworld, right after a place in the Human world which is called Mallet island.
- So this village is not cursed...
- Right, but our mission is to clear the place of lesser demons. That is the second reason why I am here.
- Is Shakr aware?
- He is, but he decided to delay the clean-up until morning.
- Morning? Can a dawn be here?
- I will be on guard, to make sure no living soul pass beyound this point.
Alastor had to spend a time somehow, so he went to sleep. Some time later, he heard a strange noice from outside. He got dressed,
went out from the room and headed downstairs. Master Payne was gone, and the innkeeper seemed to be out too. "Ol' Payne is not
as cool as he thought,"- Alastor thought smiling. The village was suspiciously empty. Only one shadowy figure in the coat stood
near the well. Alastor approached and touched its shoulder. The coat fell on the ground, there was nothing but a purple mist
under it. "Strange,"- Alastor thought. He turned back and walked towards the inn. Suddenly he heard a weak whisper:"Demon...".
But when he looked back, he saw the same mist, but it was closer to him now. "Must be my imagination,"- Alastor said: "Mist can
not talk". He was ready to go back to inn, when a ghostly sting pierced him from behind. Though Alastor was almost invulnerable
to blunt and piercing attacks, he nearly felt that his life was drained. He coughed with blood and pulled out the sting. When
Alastor was able to breath again, he saw the thing which attacked him. It was a strange green flying beast, who had six tentacles,
two eyes, burned with hatred, and a sting. The creature screamed and made a quick attack. Alastor tried to cast Pyros, but he
had no time.
- Aurra!
The beam of light hit the creature and it disappeared with piercing scream.
- You owe me one now, Alastor.
- Thanks.
Shakr slowly lowered his palm, which was still bright.
- What was that? And where is master Payne?
- It was the Soul Eater. Foul beasts, I must admit. Considering master Payne, he said that he's going to know where their nest
is located. Now let's find him. Together we can make a thorough cleaning.
- Right. But we must be on guard, in case there are more of them.
And so, Alastor and Shakr went in the forest in search of master Payne. The journey was quiet, except several Soul Eaters. Soon,
friends arrived to the center of the wood. Alastor felt some power channels, spreading from the large pit in the glade.
- This is their nest.
- Master Payne!
Master looked rather good for the man (demon) who encountered Soul Eaters.
- Can you feel the power?
- Yes, it is like an avalanche. But something is wrong. I feel that this energy was once the lives of demons.
- Correct. For the half demons, Soul Eaters are not so dangerous, they just lose ability to transform into demon for the time.
- And for us this means death.
Master noded and looked down the pit.
- Looks like it is their mommy - he said
Alastor saw the giant biomass, slowly crawling at the bottom of the pit. Some lesser Soul Eaters sacrifised themselves to feed
their mistress with energy.
- Don't just stand in there! Get rid of the main one and the others would fall!- Shakr shouted and launched an attack, sending
red waves at Soul Eater.
Alastor noticed that the creature reacted unexpectedly fast. It sent some lesser Soul Eaters to stop these waves. Alastor casted
Igni to test his enemy. The hit was unsuccessful. It was like hitting an elephant with stick. Master Payne was more successful:
he pierced the beast with his Aqua element. Soul Eater regenerated quickly, and soon was ready to attack again.
- No use, it is too sturdy,- master Payne admitted
- It is because of energy channels. We must somehow exhaust them, and then Shakr will be able to annihilate it with Aurra.
- I've got an idea.
Master Payne surrounded himself with Aqua shield and jumped down in the pit. The biomass slowly covered him. Alastor understood master's
plan and started to barrage Soul Eater with his Zeus, Pyros, and Igni elements. It did no harm to the beast, but lesser Soul
Eaters were no more able to feed the biomass with energy. The creature wasted its energy, trying to devour master Payne while
Shakr was charging his Aurra element to unleash its energy on the weaken Soul Eater. At last, Soul Eater dropped his guard,
Shakr jumped up and casted Aurra. The huge light beam hit the biomass, and then a strong wind blown away both master Payne and
Shakr. Alastor did his best to stand still. He combined Zeus and Pyros and made a final blow. The creature burned in light flash.
Two seconds later, when Alastor was able to see again, he saw rising sun. It symbolised the freedom of this land from Mundus' spawns.
When the light reflected on the ex-nest, Alastor saw the strange light. He stretched his hand and almost felt this light in his
hands. Then it transformed into sword and dagger. Alastor decided to test his new weapon. He approached the rock, slashed it
several times and saw that the rock felt apart. Then he combined sword and dagger, and materialised a long claymore. Alastor
performed vertical slash, which caused an earthquake. "Rending Gale"- he thought.
- Hey, this is unfair! I made the main strike!- Shakr said.
- Strange, a demons like us can not carry Mundus' weapons
And so, Alastor and Shakr made their first good deed in the name of the Demon World. In the meantime, in Mundus' lair:
- So, the young demon received my gift. Soon, his soul and his powers will belong to me,- Mundus said quietly
To be continued...
Sorry for the lame story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom