• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Goldsickle

So the rocket punch is Nero's version of the Round Trip?
He has a separate robot arm hanging on his belt and it seems that he uses that robot arm for rocket punching.
It fires at an enemy and returns.
In another official screenshot, he is seen carrying two robot arms on his belt.
How does this work? The extra arms can be upgraded so you can fire 2-3 rocket punches at once?

Resilixia

I also believe that this is Vergil for many reasons: He wears the same cloth (Brown mitts & Blue jacket) but seems a bit dirty almost necrotic like and he is the the voice Nero eared in the events of 4, why he wants the arm I don't know tho.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Old Man Dante

DfW_xNCVMAArrGa.jpg
Yeah, he looks like Clancy Brown playing a villian.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
So the rocket punch is Nero's version of the Round Trip?
He has a separate robot arm hanging on his belt and it seems that he uses that robot arm for rocket punching.
It fires at an enemy and returns.
In another official screenshot, he is seen carrying two robot arms on his belt.
How does this work? The extra arms can be upgraded so you can fire 2-3 rocket punches at once?
Definitely could be a style switch or arm switch since nero never had any weapons apart from blue rose and red queen. Press r2 and l2 and he'll probably switch arms on the fly. Whereas dante is a weapon master.

Why isn't anyone talking about the 3rd guy who has the long sleeveless trench coat. Really interested to know who he is. His arms are covered in tattoos

Meg

Who do you think that third guy is in the promotional image of the characters backs? Capcom says they'll be three playable characters. Could it be Vergil with black hair? A brand new character? Who could it be?? :eek:

EDIT: Lol ninja'd. :laugh:

DeamonslayeR

Who do you think that third guy is in the promotional image of the characters backs? Capcom says they'll be three playable characters. Could it be Vergil with black hair? A brand new character? Who could it be?? :eek:

EDIT: Lol ninja'd. :laugh:

I doubt it's Vergil cuz giving him black hair makes no sense but his coat is very similar. If you zoom in on the left you can see something poking out from the side of that character. Possibly his weapon?

Meg

I doubt it's Vergil cuz giving him black hair makes no sense but his coat is very similar. If you zoom in on the left you can see something poking out from the side of that character. Possibly his weapon?
That's what I was thinking!

I don't see why Capcom would think giving Vergil black hair was a good idea, but they've surprised us before. :laugh::dead:

My actual guess is that it's a brand new character who'll be playable. I can't imagine Capcom not including Vergil in this game though since he's such a popular character. An it would make sense for him to cut of Nero's arm to try and get Yamato back (or whatever). But if Vergil's in this game he's gonna HAVE to be playable, but then who is this other dude? If he's not playable then why's he featured on the main promotional image? *confuses self* :dead::dead::dead:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the third guy is vergil, no arguing there, it's his coat only sleeveless, it's his pants and boots.. it reminds me of the vested vergil.. and the hair is white, just the lighting, and it's longer much like this version of dante.. perfect!

DeamonslayeR

the third guy is vergil, no arguing there, it's his coat only sleeveless, it's his pants and boots.. it reminds me of the vested vergil.. and the hair is white, just the lighting, and it's longer much like this version of dante.. perfect!
Can't say much about the pants and the boots but if you look closely then you can see that the character is not wearing vergils signature gloves and someone pointed out earlier that when neros arm gets chopped off it's vergil because you can see the gloves. Also I think it has nothing to do with the lighting, the hair looks black

Meg

His hair is way too dark for that to be just the lighting. Especially since he's standing right alongside Dante and Nero. His hair is definitely black. Doesn't rule out that it could still be Vergil though. It's the most obvious choice for a third character.

absolitude

Can't say much about the pants and the boots but if you look closely then you can see that the character is not wearing vergils signature gloves and someone pointed out earlier that when neros arm gets chopped off it's vergil because you can see the gloves. Also I think it has nothing to do with the lighting, the hair looks black

His hair is way too dark for that to be just the lighting. Especially since he's standing right alongside Dante and Nero. His hair is definitely black. Doesn't rule out that it could still be Vergil though. It's the most obvious choice for a third character.

nice info, and yeah, just googled it and it's not his boots, but it is his pants.. but isn't that his coat's motives right in the middle lining? anyway, i'm sure it's vergil, after some hard times, explaining his rugged cloaks in the trailer, [he supposedly uncovers it in a scene and we're getting that looks]

12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

reminds me verymuch of this looks

dmc3___vergil_1_by_vampartemis-d2xo7ek.jpg

DeamonslayeR

Still not sure if he's vergil but yeah you're right that capcom has surprised us in the past and him being vergil could be a possibility

absolitude

and i mean who else are they gonna bring? new introduced main character? not gonna happen after the convoluted previous series.. they gotta clean up the previous stories first

Oh Nero's arm is called "Devil Breaker" demons come from a "Devil Tree" and characters are not friends they will fight each other.
CS5qEPK.jpg

oh, wait.. i doubt it's vergil now.. they stated mysterious V???? V????? what the hell?!!

DeamonslayeR

nice info, and yeah, just googled it and it's not his boots, but it is his pants.. but isn't that his coat's motives right in the middle lining? anyway, i'm sure it's vergil, after some hard times, explaining his rugged cloaks in the trailer, [he supposedly uncovers it in a scene and we're getting that looks]

12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

reminds me verymuch of this looks

dmc3___vergil_1_by_vampartemis-d2xo7ek.jpg
Yeah you're right. It does look very similar if not inspired by that design.

Let me bring your attention to the thing poking out from the right side of the character. It lines up exactly where his hand might be holding that thing. That looks like a small weapon (a poker maube?) but definitely not the yamato which is why I'm conflicted whether he's vergil.

absolitude

Yeah you're right. It does look very similar if not inspired by that design.

Let me bring your attention to the thing poking out from the right side of the character. It lines up exactly where his hand might be holding that thing. That looks like a small weapon (a poker maube?) but definitely not the yamato which is why I'm conflicted whether he's vergil.

yeah, and if it is really vergil, wouldn't the article says it directly instead of V? something about that hair shape tho, that looks like nero's hair in 4..

DeamonslayeR

yeah, and if it is really vergil, wouldn't the article says it directly instead of V? something about that hair shape tho, that looks like nero's hair in 4..
You are correct my good sir. The hair does resemble dmc 4 nero.
Upon further inspection of the image I can say for certain that he's wearing sandals not boots and the pants aren't like you're traditional pants. They have that jogger style that locks the end of the pants just above your ankles. Idk how to best describe it.

Edit: actually I found it
a1f25f749b91cf7932431677dbfd66aa.jpg

Kinda like this but it's not stocky

absolitude

how are the chances for different universes in DMC? and wasn't it said that this is set after 4? the description said hell break loose, but i don't remember that in 4, only DmC.. but it's possible to be set after 2, maybe hell break loose..

yeah, the shoes or sandals are flat.. can't be vergil.. looks like a monk type of character

EDIT : oh and wasn't there info saying vergil is bare-handed?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Another bit of speculation: Are we looking at pre DMC2, or post DMC2?

For those unfamiliar with the storyline, it goes: DMC3-DMC1-Anime-DMC4-DMC2. One of my friends assumes post 2, given how old Dante looks, and the futuristic content. I'm on the fence, because I see sense in that argument--but I also see sense in it being pre-DMC2, even if it's not by a lot.

Either way, I can't wait until next spring!

Top Bottom