• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
damn this V character, very mysterious indeed.. who would've thought capcom would drop off a new character when they still have to do right some of the old ones..

oh and dante's new jacket have a kinda flappy wide collar, sorta like this, i dig it, ha!
dmc6-noscale.jpg

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The Demon at the beginning reminds me of Neros Devil Bringer (looking at the patterns of the hand).

Soooo, Nero can shoot while rolling? Or at least very soon after rolling.
He also has a Buster Projectile that reflects other projectiles (akin to charged shot reflecting the knight shots).

We already have 3 Different Arms: The Electric shock arm, the time Bubble one and the Devil Breaker (maybe a fourth one that looks more akin to a javelin).

While grabbing the Sword (I guess it's one) his arm transforms to look akin to his giant ghostly demon arm from 4.

The Boss we see either has a pretty big location or the arena changes throughout the fight (kinda like the Resetera leak from last year said).

That woman faced enemy (yes it has a female face) that shoots lasers is reminiscent of Artemis (the weapon from DMC3) and Enigma (DMC3 enemy).

We have Beelzebub from DMC1 in the artwork with the 3 Protagonists. Hells from DMC3 are coming back.

Jokatgulm (Octopus from DMC2) looking thing and Strider looking enemy right afterwards (Near the end).

_Coby_

I don't like the demon's design, they look like mutants! The old demons who owned those imaginative and original designs are much better!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So basically what you’re saying is we have Dante, Nero, Vergil and ALL different types of demons from throughout the games. And in a setting that seems to take place after or just before (but after makes more sense) DMC 2.

Looks like DmC’s ending with Hell on earth, but DMC-ernised.

_Coby_

So basically what you’re saying is we have Dante, Nero, Vergil and ALL different types of demons from throughout the games. And in a setting that seems to take place after or just before (but after makes more sense) DMC 2.

What do you mean? I diden't said that i want the old demons in this game. I just said that i don't like the design of the new ones

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Soooo, Nero can shoot while rolling? Or at least very soon after rolling.
You just reminded me of something. I wondered why they never implemented a shootdodge in Devil May Cry and I don't remember, but maybe Bayonetta too. I don't think Lady even had the ability to shoot while dodging, right? It would have made so much sense in a crazy game like this for them to be able to shoot at the same time they roll or whatever. And ironically enough, the one character who can shoot while dodging is the one who dislikes guns: Vergil.

The only reason I can think of why they haven't done is the buttons needed to perform the action. The games aren't like Max Payne and Vanquish where you can enter bullet time whenever you want. You can slow down time in Bayonetta and DMC, but they're specific actions. Well, whatever, random thoughts and all.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?

so basically its ALL dmc combined?

sorta like MGS4, and they even said that this dmc will be the final chapter.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?

BoBo

Here comes some speculation:

At some point in the game, Vergil somehow comes in possession of the Sparda sword, and devil triggers like DMC1 Dante while he was fighting Mundus. Dante must now fight off his father's image like in DMC3 except now he must go up against someone who can control the power of Sparda.

And here's something more plausible; I assume they'll tie up all loose ends in the story in this one.

I'm also beginning to think that DMC5 will be open world. Some shots in the trailer seem like they hint at an open
world cityscape. We'll see.

Last but not least; the cigar smoking fella at the very beginning of the trailer must be Enzo; Dante's weapon supplier.

Last edited:

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
I'm also beginning to think that DMC5 will be open world. Some shots in the trailer seem like they hint at an open world cityscape. We'll see.
I think some leaks or rumors said that it's going to have biggers levels, more open ended but not open world, and in combat the camera will pan out according to the space available. I doubt it's open world. An open world dmc would be a huge departure from the series formula but if done right could be a welcome addition. Again, I doubt it's gonna happen.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Not sure if this was mentioned or not in this thread or another one, but does anyone know enough about mythology to guess where the insect demons might be from? They could just be random, demonic insects, but considering mythology all over involve so many different creatures, it might not be surprising if they were based off of something. And cue the development team telling us that the insect demons were inspired by Empire of the Ants (1977) or whatever cheesy, giant insect films from the 70s to 90s. EDF! EDF! EDF!

A DMC and EDF crossover could actually be pretty dope if not hilariously dumb and fun.

Top Bottom