• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
That looks really good. Nero in Dmc 4 always felt limited in terms of the combos you could do but dmc5 is taking it to the next level. Can't wait for gamescom.

Also I'm wondering now since they've established the arms as a mechanic I doubt he's gonna get the devil bringer back. It'll limit his abilities again. Im fine with a robotic arm Nero, the devil bringer sucks compared to this.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's painfully obvious that the Devil Breaker is Nero's version of a style system, giving him access to different functions aside from grappling, like time slow, rocket punch, energy shield, etc.

Can't find the video now (same one that mentions it being playable at Gamescom), but Itsuno said that this is a direct sequel to DMC4 - it seems they're keen to stay as far away from DMC2 as possible. Despite the fact that Dante appears while riding on a motorcycle as if he just rode straight out of hell, it's just not the case; especially considering that he's still wearing what looks exactly like his DMC4 coat, and his motorcycle looks nothing like the one he was driving at the end of DMC2.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Itsuno said that this is a direct sequel to DMC4 - it seems they're keen to stay as far away from DMC2 as possible. Despite the fact that Dante appears while riding on a motorcycle as if he just rode straight out of hell, it's just not the case; especially considering that he's still wearing what looks exactly like his DMC4 coat, and his motorcycle looks nothing like the one he was driving at the end of DMC2.

And we all know chronologically the series goes 3, 1, 4, 2. So yeah, saying it’s a direct sequel to 4 would more than likely place it between 4 & 2. But we all know how they try not to mention DMC 2 and when that was made there was no Nero. So what I’m saying is, it could be a sequel to 4 but that doesn’t completely rule out the possibility that it’s set after 2. It would make more sense to call it a true sequel to 4 because we have Nero, and we never had him involved with the story in 2. I’m probably reaching a lot here, but being before 2 would make little sense especially if that whole “this chapter completes the saga” thing is anything to go by.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, it's not so much speculation as it is hoping for but I'm hoping Dante'll clean up first chance he gets.

Also, I swear to god that if they kill Dante I’ll start swinging.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Originally wanted to make this it's own topic, but I think this one will do just fine

I believe we know a lot more about the game since some of the leaks were actually true (to some extend).

Starting with the leak of Resetera from last year:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

Seems to have been right about:
60fps (confirmed by Capcom Blog post)
3 Playable Characters
Reworked Camera system
Boss fights moving between areas (at least that's what it looks like in the trailer)

What the leak was wrong about:
PS4 exclusivity
Unreal Engine 4

What it's maybe right about:
Mundus being the big bad (more on that later)

The 4Chan leak:
wukr069ct8311.png
Seems to be most likely true.

That means:
Dante will have the Sparda sword
New guy fights like a Chaos Legion character

Enemies

DMC1 Beelzebub
unbenannt_1_0007_dmc1_enemy_by_erian1mortal-dce67kx.jpg

DMC2 Jokatgulm Lookalike
unbenannt_1_0006_dmc2_enemy_by_erian1mortal-dce67kf.jpg

Blade
unbenannt_1_0005_dmc1_enemy2_by_erian1mortal-dce67jm.jpg

New Enemy reminds me of Artemis and the Enigma
unbenannt_1_0003_dmc3_enemies02_by_erian1mortal-dce67i2.jpg
Boss or normal enemy?
vlcsnap_2018_06_12_08h06m55s948_by_erian1mortal-dce68ja.png
Most likely a Boss
image_devil_may_cry_5-38419-4094_0020.jpg

The (most likely) Big Baddy (Proto Nelo? Nelo Mundus? Devil Bringer Nelo?)
vlcsnap_2018_06_11_18h14m35s904_by_erian1mortal-dce68kn.png
This scene reminds me of the DMC1 Novel, where Gilver sacrifices Humans to summon Demons would be a cool nod back to that
vlcsnap_2018_06_11_18h15m13s794_by_erian1mortal-dce68mr.png

Note that all new enemies share a common theme: They have eyes everywhere, wich lines up with:
images

I know grasping at straws here.... but still, it's a kinda obvious theme among them.

The Devil Bringer changed quite a bit from DMC4, not only colorwise.
unbenannt_1_0002_devil_bringer_by_erian1mortal-dce67gr.jpg
Neros Bullets have different colors
unbenannt_1_0001_nero_bullets_by_erian1mortal-dce67fw.jpg

I'll edit this later, when I have written the gameplay section (still need to finish the gifs for that as well)

Combat:

Nero's combat seems to be mostly intact, due to him mostly using his DMC4 weapons and moves in the trailer, however there are a few new tricks we can make out.

Here he uses a projectile from his arm to deflect a fireball from these bat-like enemies

02_by_erian1mortal-dce67f2.gif

Rocket-Surfing seems to be an ingame move (still not sure about this though)

01_by_erian1mortal-dce67dp.gif

Note: We can see 2 of Nero's arms here, dangling from his hips
25103_by_erian1mortal-dce6hho.png

Buster on Blades/Assaults (Note how the Devil Breaker emulates the large Demon Hand of 4)

buster_by_erian1mortal-dce6i7t.gif

vlcsnap_2018_06_11_18h54m31s179_by_erian1mortal-dce6hk3.png

One of the Arms seems to be a Quicksilver Variant (Also another new enemy)

time_stop_by_erian1mortal-dce6hm8.gif

Shooting seems to be more flexible, at first I thought Nero is shooting while dodging but I guess that's not the case)

dodge_shooting_by_erian1mortal-dce6i2v.gif

Thunderpunch seems to be a buster variant

thunderspunch2_by_erian1mortal-dce6hoz.gif

thunderspunch_by_erian1mortal-dce6hrp.gif

Snatch, of course, makes a return

snatch_by_erian1mortal-dce6hul.gif

Rocketpunch (either a Thunderpunch variant in the air or an air stinger or snatch variant)

rocket_punch_by_erian1mortal-dce6huu.gif

Red Queen Combo A?

red_queen_combo_a1_by_erian1mortal-dce6hv2.gif

Launcher looks the same as always

083466fb2c0bbb69bfe1cb5957bd123f-dce6i2o.gif

Comparing all Arms he has we have:

Rocketpunch / Electro Arm (Not sure if those are 2 different ones)
Timestop Arm
A Javelin Arm?[/SPOILER]

From the Gameplay

Roulette Spin is back
The Rev System is very much intact
Thunderpunch has an Air variant and either has an explosion effect similar to Charged Shot 3 or the enemy was already hit by the latter before TP
Nero has an Air Laser move, similar to the Artemis or the Nightmare Beta
Helmbreaker is still the same
The Devil Breaker might have launcher moves (TP launcher finishes enemy off DmC style)
Rocketpunch stays away for quite a while, might have or need a manual recall function
Jump Cacelling seems to be back as usual (even though the player used a range attack inbetween the Caliburs)
Calibur is still a move

DmC Style finisher for the last enemy might be in as well, or it's just a video thing.

Do we need any more gifs from the trailer?

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Originally wanted to make this it's own topic, but I think this one will do just fine

I believe we know a lot more about the game since some of the leaks were actually true (to some extend).

Starting with the leak of Resetera from last year:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

Seems to have been right about:
60fps (confirmed by Capcom Blog post)
3 Playable Characters
Reworked Camera system
Boss fights moving between areas (at least that's what it looks like in the trailer)

What the leak was wrong about:
PS4 exclusivity
Unreal Engine 4

What it's maybe right about:
Mundus being the big bad (more on that later)

The 4Chan leak:
wukr069ct8311.png
Seems to be most likely true.

That means:
Dante will have the Sparda sword
New guy fights like a Chaos Legion character

Enemies

DMC1 Beelzebub
unbenannt_1_0007_dmc1_enemy_by_erian1mortal-dce67kx.jpg

DMC2 Jokatgulm Lookalike
unbenannt_1_0006_dmc2_enemy_by_erian1mortal-dce67kf.jpg

Blade
unbenannt_1_0005_dmc1_enemy2_by_erian1mortal-dce67jm.jpg

New Enemy reminds me of Artemis and the Enigma
unbenannt_1_0003_dmc3_enemies02_by_erian1mortal-dce67i2.jpg
Boss or normal enemy?
vlcsnap_2018_06_12_08h06m55s948_by_erian1mortal-dce68ja.png
Most likely a Boss
image_devil_may_cry_5-38419-4094_0020.jpg

The (most likely) Big Baddy (Proto Nelo? Nelo Mundus? Devil Bringer Nelo?)
vlcsnap_2018_06_11_18h14m35s904_by_erian1mortal-dce68kn.png
vlcsnap_2018_06_11_18h15m13s794_by_erian1mortal-dce68mr.png

Note that all new enemies share a common theme: They have eyes everywhere, wich lines up with:
images

I know grasping at straws here.... but still, it's a kinda obvious theme among them.

The Devil Bringer changed quite a bit from DMC4, not only colorwise.
unbenannt_1_0002_devil_bringer_by_erian1mortal-dce67gr.jpg
Neros Bullets have different colors
unbenannt_1_0001_nero_bullets_by_erian1mortal-dce67fw.jpg

I'll edit this later, when I have written the gameplay section (still need to finish the gifs for that as well)

Bonus Gifs
02_by_erian1mortal-dce67f2.gif
01_by_erian1mortal-dce67dp.gif
If Mundus is the big bad than could that mean that Vergil is still under his control or Vergil could taking back yamato because of entitlement but also due wanting to take his old man's boss again.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Updated with some combat analysis, very brief and to the point, let me know if I missed something.

If Mundus is the big bad than could that mean that Vergil is still under his control or Vergil could taking back yamato because of entitlement but also due wanting to take his old man's boss again.
Might be, might not be.

I theorize that "V" might be a Human, possessed by Vergil (wich would explain the need to use Demon Bodyguards in combat) and Nelo Mundus is using Vergils Body.
The 4Chan leak states that all 3 Characters have a Vengeance motive, for Nero it's the Devil Bringer (and maybe the death of Kyrie), for Dante it's like in DMC1 and for Vergil it would be kind of the same.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I'm pretty happy that they went with Nero this time around because I'm not sure where the sons of Sparda story could even go if Dante was the only protagonist. In DMC1 and 3 he already had an arc going (avenging his mother/father and accepting his heritage respectively) but in DMC4 he was there more to be set up as an ally for Nero. They'd have to introduce a pretty big new McGuffin for Dante to have anything to do that is not helping Nero.

...though I suppose the fleshy demon dude could be a bit of a McGuffin that just got introduced. Oh well, at least the story of Nero meeting Vergil is a storyline they're going to address.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And we all know chronologically the series goes 3, 1, 4, 2. So yeah, saying it’s a direct sequel to 4 would more than likely place it between 4 & 2. But we all know how they try not to mention DMC 2 and when that was made there was no Nero. So what I’m saying is, it could be a sequel to 4 but that doesn’t completely rule out the possibility that it’s set after 2. It would make more sense to call it a true sequel to 4 because we have Nero, and we never had him involved with the story in 2. I’m probably reaching a lot here, but being before 2 would make little sense especially if that whole “this chapter completes the saga” thing is anything to go by.

Well, anything is possible, but Itsuno said "direct sequel to DMC4," and direct implies a sequential ordering with nothing between them >_>

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The leak with mustache Dante had that written in it if I remember correctly.
Oh it was there?
I think it's still best to trust the official post instead of the leak when it comes to these kinds of information.

Who do you think the dark haired guy is on the cover art ?
That might be "V" (called like that according to leaks), the 3rd playable character.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, anything is possible, but Itsuno said "direct sequel to DMC4," and direct implies a sequential ordering with nothing between them >_>

I know what the word direct means, thank you.

Doesn’t mean they directly acknowledge DMC 2’s existence, which was my original point.

Again, all I’m saying is it being set before 2 really would make little sense considering what we’ve seen in the trailer (Dante looking a lot older now, Nero having lost his DB to Vergil, and having his own demon-busting adventures, and as I said the whole ‘Dante zooming around at the end of the trailer on a motorbike’) That sure seems like a lot of stuff to be happening in a matter of a short space of time, which makes me think it takes place a while after 4 and not so direct like they seem to be stating.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@LordOfDarkness

His motorbike looked... demonic, no?

However, Dante himself looked like he had just got out of the Vortex World in Nocturne generic DMC2 hell and was beyond damaged after spending a really long time in there. His very lifeforce had probably drained out of him by then.

The bike looked great, but since he just fights demons all day now, that's gotta be wearing him down.

Maybe it's the constant fighting that made him go whoo-hoo and become upbeat again? Or maybe he's still depressed and is suffering a mental breakdown (he kind of looks like that way tbh).

Or maybe Capcom just wants to ignore the fact that he acted like a serious person in 1 and 2.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Again, all I’m saying is it being set before 2 really would make little sense considering what we’ve seen in the trailer (Dante looking a lot older now, Nero having lost his DB to Vergil, and having his own demon-busting adventures, and as I said the whole ‘Dante zooming around at the end of the trailer on a motorbike’) That sure seems like a lot of stuff to be happening in a matter of a short space of time, which makes me think it takes place a while after 4 and not so direct like they seem to be stating.

Why does it make little sense? Time has passed, it could be any amount, enough for Dante to grow a dumb beard; for Nero to have lost his arm; for all hell to break loose in a city. Dante is also driving what looks to be a form of Pandora, because it certainly doesn't look like the generic blue bike he had at the end of DMC2.

They stated it was a direct sequel to DMC4 because it literally chronologically follows the events of the fourth entry, it doesn't matter how much time is between the fourth and fifth. If it did take place after DMC2, they would call it a sequel to that installment. Dante driving down the road on a motorcycle certainly evokes a memory of DMC2's ending, but he's probably not appearing straight from getting out of hell, considering his outfit looks nothing like DMC2's (nor does the bike).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, but Vergil got out of hell too (or wherever) and he also looks old.

I say this because his clothes looked ragged and his skin looked... zombie-like. If you pause at the right moment you can see the bottom half of his face with blue veins crawling all over it like Tony Stark's chest in IM2.

It doesn't matter to me either way. I just wanted something beyond 2. If the story ends at 2, then I guess that's all there is to it.

Nocturne takes place after 2, btw. Due to the Atlus Multiverse being canon (even after Atlus themselves had lost the rights to Dante), it still counts as semi-canon... in that universe.

In this one, Dante probably stayed in hell after 2.

In any case, I'm not going to ask Capcom to start connecting the dots properly now due to their overall vagueness of their past storylines. For all we know MvCI itself could be canon, and we'd never know. (I'm only half-joking, btw.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom