• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
V might be Vergil, alright! Let me see:
-The guy in the photo seems to be Sparda ( Vergil wanted to be/replace his father)
-Technically Vergil was dead.(Maybe that" tree of life" resurrected him as a side effect?)
- The doll can be a jab at the fact Vergil was Mundus "doll".
But V can be Sparda too and the million-eyed monster is Mundus

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Leads me to believe that V might be something that either came from the Devil Bringer (like Vergil for example) or he is Neros Brother (looking at that photoframe), who either surfaced or has been resurrected or something.

wowwwww.. bravo, bravo, very cool analysis..

triggers an idea it might be yamato itself, a manifestation of sword with tattoos --yeah, nope..

anyway, gotta has something to do with vergil this V character, in the DMC 5 poster he/she walks up front, followed by dante then nero.

position wise, nero is in the middle and the clearest, implying the story is nero-centric, with no vergil present --the theory he's the main villain is likely, represented by the tree

but what is his motives now? still more power? or a puppet?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A shot in the dark but...

Calling it now that the figure that cut off Nero's arm isn't Vergil but a clone or a Vergil wannabe who wants the Yamato to be the real deal. Just seems a little too obvious that it's meant to be Vergil at the moment... :ninja:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
V for vendetta, Vergil, or vengeance since this seems to be Nero's mission.

Based on the trailer I would speculate that Vergil is back but he's an incomplete version of himself or a shadow of who he is. So he has to collect all his power to piece himself together again. Basically Nero is his puppet in DMC4 and now that the hell gates are open/Mundus is finally merging the demon and human worlds, Vergil has come to collect so he can exact his own vengeance on Mundus, if that was ever his intention.

Or it could be that Nero bleeds to death after having his arm ripped off and everything thereafter plays out in a kind of Limbo setting. Kyrie isn't there because she's still alive, but Vergil and Dante are dead hence their presence.

I kid, I kid, that's just funny talk.

But in seriousness, I was also thinking New Guy on the Right might be Nero's brother. I'm glad someone else mentioned it before.

DarkSlayer54

I think one possibility is that Vergil will return as a broken version of his former self. DMC4 says that Vergil "dies" against Mundus (DMC3), and his soul was tranformed into Nelo Angelo. For me, that seems like a likely direction for them to go into - Vergil trying to piece himself back together after being freed of Mundus' control.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Maybe Lady's son/daughter? The character has a deep black hair.
Do we know for sure how many years are those "several years" Itsuno talks about?

PS: Hmm, if several years are, in fact, seven years, the boy can't be Lady's: in DMC4 she has no child of her own.Not only that, but the boy(which seems to be younger than Nero, by the way) is of demonic bloodline(apparently Sparda's)

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Back in DMC4, enemies you pull in with Snatch will be lying down.

But in DMC5, enemies you pull in with the Devil Breaker cable will automatically be standing up, regardless whether they were lying down or not.
I can't confirm if this occurs to all/most enemies but it seems to be the case with the Hell Pride look-a-like.

This may make the game more challenging, since the enemies might immediately guard or attack you after being pulled in.
Some people may not like this because it's carried over from DmC.
Enemies in that game also stand up automatically when you draw them in with the Demon Pull.

absolitude

i notice how V's clothing isn't the modern type, as in nero here, and lady in 3 and 4 modern. yeah, safe to be sure V is one of the underworld like dante and the likes.. V being tha last nephilim is a good idea to incorporate DmC btw, whatever nephilim would mean there..

and the logo still ticks me, in the trailer, right before dante with bike, the logo appeared right on nero's back, kinda like DmC dante's rebellion tattoo.. i just wish somebody could translate and analyse that better ;the two tone colors; the wings and the wings' shape; and so on.. and no, it doesnt have to mean angels

the way i remembered, the DT mode don't emphasize on wings.. same case with sparda bloodlines and the game, but i'm no expert on DMC tho..

Senbon

It this third playable character is driving me crazy. All I want to know is if vergil is playable or not. If he isn't then I will be gutted. On top of that the reason I liked nero so much was because of his devil arm and that's gone to

Goldsickle

i notice how V's clothing isn't the modern type, as in nero here, and lady in 3 and 4 modern. yeah, safe to be sure V is one of the underworld like dante and the likes..
You're talking about the guy who ripped off Nero's Devil Bringer?

Someone in Capcom Unity posted a freeze frame of the attacker's sleeve and it resembles the sleeve design of Vergil's costume from DMC3.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Currently looking through all frames of the Devil Trigger video again, there is definetly more then what @Veloran posted.
Gonna take a while, still not sure if it's something substantial though.

EDIT: Well, it looks like there is something after "I have no name." A second line of text, but alas we're missing frames in there. Maybe they'll do something like that again, with another video.
There were a bunch of 1 Frame things that didn't make sense to me (from an editing standpoint, since you really don't see those weird static or color shift effects) but those led to nothing.
So, my assumption that there was more in that video is therefore debunked.

Last edited:

absolitude

You're talking about the guy who ripped off Nero's Devil Bringer?

Someone in Capcom Unity posted a freeze frame of the attacker's sleeve and it resembles the sleeve design of Vergil's costume from DMC3.

no, that's vergil for sure, i'm talking about the third character in the DMC 5 poster, the one with nero, dante, and a character on the right.. sleevelss coat, dark hair, strap sandals n baggy jogger something something with tatts allover the arms..

DevilMayCry5_HERO-hero.jpg

Kyrieee!

no, that's vergil for sure, i'm talking about the third character in the DMC 5 poster, the one with nero, dante, and a character on the right.. sleevelss coat, dark hair, strap sandals n baggy jogger something something with tatts allover the arms..

DevilMayCry5_HERO-hero.jpg

Is he ... thinner than the other two or is it just me?

Top Bottom