• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Is Sparda balding?!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I was looking through Tumblr for pictures, and I happen to notice this.
tumblr_mi68petjPU1s5ws9wo7_1280.png

If you look close enough to Sparda's head, you can kind of see that his hair was sort of balding on the top. His tape looks a bit far from his forehead, and I couldn't help but think was he balding, maybe?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
probably, much better way to blend in than if you looked like this

Except the original Sparda probably never even tried to blend in. In fact, we don't know what exactly Sparda ever did after defeating Mundus. He probably never tried to blend in, maybe he did, we won't know, so let's not make comparisons over nothing we know of.

Besides, we're all aware the rules of the original DMC games were more liberal with their logic, so even in context Sparda didn't need a good reason to dress how he did. That is, if that is how Sparda really looked like, since this is actually Dante in his clothes.

And to finish off, I think you're forgetting this:
Sparda_Portrait.png

So at some point, Sparda used to wear more feudal clothes too in DmC, early in the story, but still, something that definitely wouldn't have been good to "blend in" in modern day.

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
The OP picture... I forgot about that picture. But Sparda looks like he could be anyone's neighbour. That nice neighbour with his kids and the super friendly wife. Yup. So Sparda's hair is also a dark brown..hair dye to hide the white hair and make him look more human? If we took Vergil out of the picture for a second the rest of the family looks like they belong. And then BAM you get Vergil who has white hair and pale skin... er what would be their excuse? Vergil is an albino?

AlchemistFromEden

Except the original Sparda probably never even tried to blend in. In fact, we don't know what exactly Sparda ever did after defeating Mundus. He probably never tried to blend in, maybe he did, we won't know, so let's not make comparisons over nothing we know of.

Besides, we're all aware the rules of the original DMC games were more liberal with their logic, so even in context Sparda didn't need a good reason to dress how he did. That is, if that is how Sparda really looked like, since this is actually Dante in his clothes.

And to finish off, I think you're forgetting this:
Sparda_Portrait.png

So at some point, Sparda used to wear more feudal clothes too in DmC, early in the story, but still, something that definitely wouldn't have been good to "blend in" in modern day.
that's most likely how he dressed in the twentieth century which the original devil may cry universe is set in

Zilla

The inFAAMous
On the subject of hair, how is it that Dante's shaven sides appear to be almost permanent? The flashbacks of his youth show him to have the same exact hairstyle, which has remained almost consistent throughout his life.

Of course, he could just like the hairstyle a lot and has remained with it for 20+ years.

AlchemistFromEden

On the subject of hair, how is it that Dante's shaven sides appear to be almost permanent? The flashbacks of his youth show him to have the same exact hairstyle, which has remained almost consistent throughout his life.

Of course, he could just like the hairstyle a lot and has remained with it for 20+ years.
some people keep their haircuts their entire life by having it shaved the same way

Onecrazymonkey1

The OP picture... I forgot about that picture. But Sparda looks like he could be anyone's neighbour. That nice neighbour with his kids and the super friendly wife. Yup. So Sparda's hair is also a dark brown..hair dye to hide the white hair and make him look more human? If we took Vergil out of the picture for a second the rest of the family looks like they belong. And then BAM you get Vergil who has white hair and pale skin... er what would be their excuse? Vergil is an albino?

eh white hair is not completely abnormal, although its quite rare. I knew one girl from elementary school who had pure white hair pale skin and blue eyes, she was pretty as hell and I was always jealous lol. They could just call him a towhead. :p

ChibiVerg

eh white hair is not completely abnormal, although its quite rare. I knew one girl from elementary school who had pure white hair pale skin and blue eyes, she was pretty as hell and I was always jealous lol. They could just call him a towhead. :p
Haha But hes just so out of place with the rest of the family. I wonder if Sparda ever thought that if his sons so happened to get white hair (that I assume he changed his own to blend in) if it would be a big target sign saying "HEY HEY LOOK AT ME I"M THE SON OF SPARDA". Then again the demons went after the normal looking kid and not the platinum blonde one :lol:.

DragonMaster2010

Haha But hes just so out of place with the rest of the family. I wonder if Sparda ever thought that if his sons so happened to get white hair (that I assume he changed his own to blend in) if it would be a big target sign saying "HEY HEY LOOK AT ME I"M THE SON OF SPARDA". Then again the demons went after the normal looking kid and not the platinum blonde one :lol:.

I think white hair is a nephilim trait that only nephilims have.

ChibiVerg

I think white hair is a nephilim trait that only nephilims have.

That could be it...soo since Dante started out with just a white tuft did that mean he was born with less of his Nephilim powers unlocked and Vergil born with a little bit more unlocked? Or at least the skill to learn nephilim abilities faster?

DragonMaster2010

That could be it...soo since Dante started out with just a white tuft did that mean he was born with less of his Nephilim powers unlocked and Vergil born with a little bit more unlocked? Or at least the skill to learn nephilim abilities faster?

I think Every Nephilim is born with their white hair and all their powers in check and ready to increase as they grow, but Dante was born with complications and therefore couldn't activate his powers right as he came out of the womb.

Onecrazymonkey1

The hair part always confuses me :/. Why wasn't Dante born with white hair if it's a Nephilim trait?

Nevermind, DragonMaster2010 makes sense

Top Bottom