• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

Meg

Capcom said they want to release a new Devil Mayc Cry game every 2 years. And NT is working on something else; not DmC2. Soooooo DMC5 could very well be in production for a 2015 release. :D

Thoughts?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
my faith in capcom is hanging over a pot of acid attached to a think rope thats rapidly decaying. DMC4 was a disappointment to me, so capcom better get their asses in gear and make a damn good DMC5. or else i won't be a very happy person

berto

I Saw the Devil
Capcom said they want to release a new Devil Mayc Cry game every 2 years.
That was before DmC's less than spectacular sales. The concept was the same for all their franchises, to export them and make a bunch of cheap crap titles with big names. That did as poorly as you can imagine.

Since then Capcom has decided to start working their games in house. In other words, every 2 years is no longer on the table. This could mean a number of things for their partnership with NT and the possibility of a DmC sequel.

As for a possible DMC5? Honestly, I just don't trust Capcom anymore. I want to see how they handle the next RE game before I decide on a position.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I may not have the best of faith in Capcom in the slightest, but if there is anything the past has shown us regarding a failure of a DMC game (DMC2) and the follow up (DMC3) is that they can learn from previous mistakes and make a better game.

Not saying that DmC was a complete failure, it gained great reviews and new fans, but the sales speak for itself, and the divided fanbase only further added to that.

So a DMC game after the less favorable DMC4 does not automatically equal "Capcom doing bad by creating a just another DMC4" but a something the correct mistakes and addresses them like DMC3 did for DMC2.

So a DMC5 does seem more likely, although the chances of no DMC game period is likely as well.

IncarnatedDemon

DMC 2 was rushed. And it was a failure because Capcom put a different team on it.
DMC 4 = rushed

DMC 3 = sucess
DMC1 = success

U shudnt trust Capcom because they seem to be forking out a half assed game and think thjats worth peoples money (DMC 4).

Meg

That was before DmC's less than spectacular sales. The concept was the same for all their franchises, to export them and make a bunch of cheap crap titles with big names. That did as poorly as you can imagine.

Since then Capcom has decided to start working their games in house. In other words, every 2 years is no longer on the table. This could mean a number of things for their partnership with NT and the possibility of a DmC sequel.

As for a possible DMC5? Honestly, I just don't trust Capcom anymore. I want to see how they handle the next RE game before I decide on a position.
That's a good point. :)

Although, Capcom did say that DmC was a success. Personally, I just think they were saying that to save face, but if they really think that game did well, then that's a good sign for future games in either series.

Oh, and while this isn't related to the thread topic, I need to clarify something. DMC4 felt so rushed because its development time was cut down from two years to only one. It wasn't because the team was lazy or out of ideas or just wanted to give us crap. They had a lot of ideas, but had to cut out most of them because half their total development time was taken away.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I wouldn't consider a 1.1 million of sales as a success considering DmC is on like what? Three platforms? lol Capcom....

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Oh, and while this isn't related to the thread topic, I need to clarify something. DMC4 felt so rushed because its development time was cut down from two years to only one. It wasn't because the team was lazy or out of ideas or just wanted to give us crap. They had a lot of ideas, but had to cut out most of them because half their total development time was taken away.
I didn't know about that. Well I knew it was rushed, but I didn't know the development time got cut in half. I hate it when that happens, no games should have that because it drops the quality @_@ That happened with FFXIII-2, they cut huge chunks out of the game like the Thirtheenth Ark level, and the episodes with Snow and Hope. Snow was supposed to have some mini motorcycle game, while Hope was going to have a game made up of questions in the Augusta Tower that would've led to finding out what happened to Alyssa. However instead, Alyssa just disappears with no explaination, the collecting in the Graviton Cores in the Thirtheen Ark were instead scattered across time as a poor side quest, and Snow was just another enemy you fought in the coliseum. Much as I like that game, it ticks me off they cut those corners >.<

I wonder if they'd had that extra year on DMC4, could they have given Dante new enemies to fight or new locations even. That probably would've done it some good.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I can answer that. Originally, Dante was going to go to hell and fight Gilgamesh and Lucifer. That's how he was supposed to get those weapons. :/

Goddamnit, that sounds sick. Arggg capcom
images

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I can answer that. Originally, Dante was going to go to hell and fight Gilgamesh and Lucifer. That's how he was supposed to get those weapons. :/
o.o did it ever explain why he went to hell? Was it to free Nero?

And darn, that would've actually been a really cool idea.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wouldn't consider a 1.1 million of sales as a success considering DmC is on like what? Three platforms? lol Capcom....

1.1 is technically a good sales figure for a new IP. With the sales of previous titles having a steady raise it's not a good sign that the game sold what it did but titles have gotten sequels for less profit than that.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

That's still insubstantiated fan conjecture based on the art books. None of the devs ever confirmed it, or most of the other claims people bandy around DMC4 as if they were facts.

Top Bottom