• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think this Dante will like strawberry sundaes?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I recently saw this clip

SO this made me wonder;

do you think this Dante will have a sweet tooth for strawberry sundaes like the past Dante or will say to it;
images

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DmC Dante probably does not like strawberry sundaes. Loving strawberry sundaes is an Anime Dante trait. DmC Dante is a westernized Dante. ( basically DMC3 Dante minus the Anime influences). It would contradict the point of the reboot to include Anime Dante exclusive traits.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I always thought that Dante liking strawberry sundaes in general was kind of weird. He struck me as more of a turkey or chicken leg kind of guy.
But no, they might make a funny reference to it, like have Kat eat a strawberry sundae, but I don't think Dante will

Paexie

He'd probably like a chocolate milkshake and eat it in secret.
I mean, this dude clearly like pizzas anyway. It'd be cute to have a little reference to it (like in extra concept art and such).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here's what a reason he could like strawberry sundaes be; (It's pretty long, and just explaining it seemed boring so...

"Back when I was fifteen or sixteen...There was this girl I knew..." Dante said that seemed like a mumble to Kat's ears. "...She use to love these things. She'd keep asking me to taste it at least once, but I'd always say no, thinking I'd never eat that sh*t..." Dante's expression turned remorseful. A look that Kat has never had the pleasure of seeing. He seemed to carry a deep loneliness as he stared into the almost empty glass. "...One day...It was raining, and...she was out late at school, working on some school project or somethin', I don't know...It was dark...and raining, and...I felt them, Kat. I felt their thirst...their thirst for young female blood that night...So I ran out to find her, but...I was too late...They got to her first..."

he clenched the glass as if it would fly out of his hand if he didn't. The rage that was in his eyes was practically burning, his teeth gritting at the very rememberence of that dark rainy night. Their were cracks forming on the glass with the sound of it breaking any moment. Kat stared at the glass, fearing that it might actually break. The grip on the glass finally relaxed in his hand as he sighed a deep sigh and continued.

"...I went to her for the last time...she whispered for one last thing...I ran straight to the place where they sold them and asked for one. I was lucky he had one ready because she'd usually come by that time...but when I finally got back...she was..." Another deep trembling sigh escaped him as he continued. "As I stood there...seeing a good friend's body there, cold and lifeless...It killed me to leave her there, but...I had no choices...As I watched the medics take her body off...all I had left of her...was the last thing she wanted before parting with this world...So I figured...Best not to let it go to waste."
And with that, Dante took one last bite of his strawberry sundae...And took one last look into cup his addiction...and his depression. "Never thought I'd come back...Guess she got me to eat one after all..."

That's how I see it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Here's what a reason he could like strawberry sundaes be; (It's pretty long, and just explaining it seemed boring so...

"Back when I was fifteen or sixteen...There was this girl I knew..." Dante said that seemed like a mumble to Kat's ears. "...She use to love these things. She'd keep asking me to taste it at least once, but I'd always say no, thinking I'd never eat that sh*t..." Dante's expression turned remorseful. A look that Kat has never had the pleasure of seeing. He seemed to carry a deep loneliness as he stared into the almost empty glass. "...One day...It was raining, and...she was out late at school, working on some school project or somethin', I don't know...It was dark...and raining, and...I felt them, Kat. I felt their thirst...their thirst for young female blood that night...So I ran out to find her, but...I was too late...They got to her first..."

he clenched the glass as if it would fly out of his hand if he didn't. The rage that was in his eyes was practically burning, his teeth gritting at the very rememberence of that dark rainy night. Their were cracks forming on the glass with the sound of it breaking any moment. Kat stared at the glass, fearing that it might actually break. The grip on the glass finally relaxed in his hand as he sighed a deep sigh and continued.

"...I went to her for the last time...she whispered for one last thing...I ran straight to the place where they sold them and asked for one. I was lucky he had one ready because she'd usually come by that time...but when I finally got back...she was..." Another deep trembling sigh escaped him as he continued. "As I stood there...seeing a good friend's body there, cold and lifeless...It killed me to leave her there, but...I had no choices...As I watched the medics take her body off...all I had left of her...was the last thing she wanted before parting with this world...So I figured...Best not to let it go to waste."
And with that, Dante took one last bite of his strawberry sundae...And took one last look into cup his addiction...and his depression. "Never thought I'd come back...Guess she got me to eat one after all..."

That's how I see it.
Damn dude. Now that's deep. Lol Knowing Ninja Theory having good story skills I wouldn't doubt if they did something like this. :)

Dante47

it doesnt fit his new character so he'll probably say ultra gayyyy
...what?

That's how I see it.
Man, my day was great. Until I read this, and now I'm horribly depressed... :'(
WHY COULDN'T IT WORK OUT WITH DANTE AND THAT GIRL!!!
... I think I'm gonna go listen to some sad music...

EllDawn

I don't think this Dante will. If he eats anything sweet, it's likely to be something that's not going to give him a somewhat feminine image. I can imagine him having the same type of shake as my brother, chocolate malt.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it's actually 50/50.

As much as Dino is different from Dante he is eaqually similar in a great deal of areas. NT and Capcom still want him to be Dante and it's the little details, like this one, that make him similar.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I recently saw this clip

SO this made me wonder;

do you think this Dante will have a sweet tooth for strawberry sundaes like the past Dante or will say to it;
images

Hahaha aaaaw I never saw that. I knew about the strawberry thing though.

I think it would be great if they had a reference to it. They did have one with the scotch Dante liked from that anime in DMC4, so I mean they could do it and slip it in there somewhere.

But I'm convinced DmC Dante likes strawberry sundaes, or maybe he's yet to discover that. Darn it they have to give him a sundae! XP

Gbraga

I can see Kat having him try it for the first time, and he says something like "that's actually pretty good", and in the after-credits ending we can see him with strawberry sundae inside his Devil May Cry store.

Top Bottom