• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GUILTY GEAR: XRD -SIGN- ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. HOLD THE PHONE NOW.

Another Guilty Gear game? That isn't a re-release of X2?

i3ZWA.gif

Rayl

I'm really impressed with the Sol and Ky's models, i honestly thought they were sprites until it showed they were actually models.

Some dark sorcery is at work here! I will accept no other explanation!

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I main Venom and Sol personally. I fondly remember kicking Chipp's ass endlessly in years past. Isn't that right Rayl?

Let's get some more slick metal and silly anime characters up in here. The hype train needs coal!

Will there finally be a reckoning with That Man?! Will the Post-War Administration Bureau's true intentions be revealed?! Who cares?! METAL!

I'm really impressed with the Sol and Ky's models, i honestly thought they were sprites until it showed they were actually models.

Some dark sorcery is at work here! I will accept no other explanation!

Unbelievably it's apparently made with the Unreal Engine.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I have no idea what you're talking about.

That triple backflip can't save you from a Dark Angel to the face!

Love that move. You can't beat an incredibly slow moving giant hadoken that you can push fools into.

I'm already upset that I can't find the trailer theme anywhere, but God is it good to know Daisuke Ishitawari is still in charge. Can you believe this dude not only creatively directs, illustrates, voice acts and composes on Guilty Gear?

Daisuke+Ishiwatari+daisuke_ishiwatari.jpg

Look at this handsome sucker. 10/unfair favouritism, would play as his marty stu self insert.

More metal!

Reactions: Zey

Rayl

Nothing but the finest music for one of the most bullshit bosses of all time~

Reactions: Zey

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Nothing but the finest music for one of the most bullshit bosses of all time~

I-No is an adorable kitten compared to Dizzy and Justice in their boss forms. She telegraphs nearly as long as a DmCStygian.

Did you notice the little zoom in for Dust attacks in the Xrd trailer? That's looking pretty damned sweet.

I'm extremely skeptical about Unreal Engine. I hope it doesn't ruin the game's mechanics. :(

I'll admit I'm a bit dubious too. Prepare for disappointment, that way it'll never surprise you.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This trailer alone:
Really, the flag of the u.s. & statue of liberty.
........Really ?
The animation looks less detailed, so flat & uninspiring.
The music is really great but totally wrong WRONG for GuiltyGear, like Korn was for SilentHill downpour.
This is trying far too hard to appeal to a western audience that it's sickening.
GuiltyGear died for me with Guilty Gear Isuka.
Maybe later trailers will be more appealing to me, if not then I'm skipping this.
It's sad & sickening when great japanese titles turn western.
What are you going on about? The music fits Guilty Gear because it's always had this type of rock soundtrack. The models aren't sprites but the same type of style BlazBlue used and those games look great. How is this game "turning western." What is that even supposed to mean?

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
This trailer alone:
Really, the flag of the u.s. & statue of liberty.
........Really ?
The animation looks less detailed, so flat & uninspiring.
The music is really great but totally wrong WRONG for GuiltyGear, like Korn was for SilentHill downpour.
This is trying far too hard to appeal to a western audience that it's sickening.
GuiltyGear died for me with Guilty Gear Isuka.

Maybe later trailers will be more appealing to me, if not then I'm skipping this.
It's sad & sickening when great japanese titles turn western.
That would be the A Country. That's the birthplace of Sol, Chipp and Johnny and a playable stage in the first Guilty Gear. You should remember that the plot is based in the real world too. I don't really see how the music doesn't fit the game if the composer is Ishiwatari himself, if it about the vocals then check the GG XX In N.Y. Vocal Edition. If it concerns you the "westernize" thing because the trailer has english subs, ArcSys has their own official american site since not much ago and the series are always referencing western media.

About the trailer, can't say much. My only complaint would be that Ky now looks like Saber, everything else looks good. Since Ishiwatari is again in the lead I know he wouldn't dissapoint me. I just hope that they put all characters in (the game is now in 3D so it may be easier for them), need some Order-Sol and Slayer.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The characters look too clean & smooth, less gritty detailed, i can see a big difference between this & BlazeBlue, & GuiltyGears of the past & i like their look far better.
The trailer has a western studio making a japanese anime feel to it & it doesn't look right to me.
I like previous GuiltyGear & BlazeBlue's music better too.
Maybe later trailers i'll like something about it but right now i don't.
It's being developed by Arc System Works. The same exact people who do the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series. The smooth look comes from them not using sprites this time around.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I came here just to make a thread about this!

I'm feeling the hype just right now, can't wait to play this GG and learn to play "air dashers" with a franchise that i already like.

Ky is more feminine than ever in this trailer hahaha, but i still like him as a character, one of my favourites in GG along with Chipp and Sol. And he makes reference to a freaking good singer (Michael Kiske).

I'm extremely skeptical about Unreal Engine. I hope it doesn't ruin the game's mechanics.

Same feeling here, bro. But let's see what happens, i don't think that Arc has the money to make something like MT Framework or another better engine, sadly.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Where can I find that song? I can't find the full song anywhere without it just being the audio ripped from the trailer.

Ky Kiske needs a haircut.

ZeroLove

This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing how Millia and Testament will look like. I see Ky got a cute little ponytail there... Looks a bit awkward...

Terrutas

This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing how Millia and Testament will look like. I see Ky got a cute little ponytail there... Looks a bit awkward...
My question is: How much gameplay (if any) did we sacrifice for these visuals?

If none: Awesome beans.
If any: Please no Unreal Engine :<

Top Bottom