• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did Nero get the Devil arm?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
in a bunch of interviews capcom revealed that if DMC5 did go ahead it would reveal that nero is Vergils son. it makes sense in a way if you send dante to his late 30s/ early 40s and asume the thing that happened a "year" before DMC3 was Vergil loosing his lover and child then it fits. but thats just pure speculation on my part

Um, please reference and link these interviews, since Capcom and Kobayashi, during the intial reveal trailers, stated that Nero was not immeditaly related to the Twins, meaning he was neither a lost brother or son to either of them. that leaves him as a distant descentent of Sparda from a previous child, or Sparda himself reincarnated, which is the more likely theorum since his story paralells Sparda too much for sheer lucky. One of the major plot moment of the game, when Nero saves Kyrie and the end, has a piece called "SPARDA'S WILL" when he kills Sanctus.

Also, Dante is verified 29 in DMC4 as he was 28 in dmc1, and 19 in DMC3, and DMC4 is a year later. Istuno and Kobayashi state dthes in inverviews concerning time frames

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I still don't understand why people claim the arm to be related to sparda.

Its obviously just a really bad skin infection or a rabid case of scabbies.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, obviously in the begining Nero has his arm wrapped up in a bandage, and then later Dante attacks him and he get's the Devil arm. My question is, what lead to Nero having to wrap up his arm? Was it an injury or something, or did it just happen in one point in his life?

People were being attacked in Mitis Forest (including Kyrie). He tried to protect her, I believe, and got slashed on his shoulder by a demon. That's when he got his Devil Bringer, so meg5493 is correct. I'm pretty sure the DMC4 manual even mentions this. Afterwards, he kept his arm in a sling until the day Dante appeared.

Whether or not Nero was actually injured remains a mystery.

Top Bottom