• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kat's Astral Projection

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There's been that question about "How come no one in DmC's real world finds it strange when Kat is talking to no one, when she's talking with Limbo-bound Dante."

It got me thinking though, Kat's able to project herself as a spirit form, sometimes to places miles away (like when she went to the Virility factory). To answer the above question, people paid her no mind because she probably wasn't just standing right there in the real world. She was probably in a secluded place projecting her spirit form (as she called it) for some of that first mission, and possibly a few other missions as well. It explains how Kat ends up in certain places that look like she's actually in Limbo, and not the real world - like when she was standing on a crate in the Limbo version of the Virility factory, which doesn't exist in the same space in the real world.

So yeah...there's that :p

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I only thought it was weird when in the first mission Kat is on the pier with Dante in her spirit form but is also in the same place in the real world and there are people walking all around her. My first though exactly was what were the other people thinking when they saw her like that haha. After that it did seems like she could be further away from er body when projected. I guess it depends on how limbo effects the area. If it is very similar to the real world then she is probably closer and if it is drastically changed then she it probably a little distance away.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was wondering the same thing, until the scene where Dante and Vergil ran after blowing up their HQ. One minute they're in a corridor, the next they're on the roof adjacent to HQ. So I gave up trying to make sense of how Kat does it :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I only thought it was weird when in the first mission Kat is on the pier with Dante in her spirit form but is also in the same place in the real world and there are people walking all around her. My first though exactly was what were the other people thinking when they saw her like that haha. After that it did seems like she could be further away from er body when projected. I guess it depends on how limbo effects the area. If it is very similar to the real world then she is probably closer and if it is drastically changed then she it probably a little distance away.

Well, I figure that after Dante got dragged into Limbo in that first mission, she went somewhere at the pier and projected herself. She was probably hanging out in a bathroom or an arcade. And of course, that explains why she said she would die if Dante shot her, since her spirit form is still tied to her body, and if it dies, so would she.

I was wondering the same thing, until the scene where Dante and Vergil ran after blowing up their HQ. One minute they're in a corridor, the next they're on the roof adjacent to HQ. So I gave up trying to make sense of how Kat does it :p

Well that was glyphs, so they had the escape glyph inside the Order that then teleported them to the roof outside of the Order. Kat was thinking with portals :p

Ranvionist

i want to write a thread about this but you beat me :(

But at the mission that Dante knocked the virilty out of stranger, she is bumping to that guy and not walk through him. And you cant astral projection so easily, i , for one who experiencing it need more than 1 hours before can fully astral projected.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Kat's a ninja and can go invisible at will to make for easy transfers. >_>
I'm kidding. I agree with the thought of Limbo changing how close/far her spirit form is to her body. I mean, how many girls want to look silly talking to themselves in the street? ...me aside, of course. So it makes sense that, in some occassions, she'd find a place before projecting herself into Limbo, and, at other times, she'd say "to hell with it" (no pun intended) and just look like a loon talking to herself as she walks down a street that's mysteriously exploding from invisible creatures because there's really no time to waste.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
She wasn't projecting herself at the beginning of Under Watch, that was really her bumping into butterchubs there :p

It's when Dante is in Limbo we sometimes see her in places that don't seem like she could be there in the real world, like when she was standing on the floating crate in the Virility factory. Other times, when she's interacting with Dante through the real world, like when she spraypaints stuff in certain missions, or is actually standing there next to him, those are points when she really is just standing there in the real world, I guess.

And we can't definitively say "how easy" it is to astral project in the DmC universe. As a fictional place, the laws of fantasy can be whatever the writers want it to be :p

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Doesn't she mention the inability to do this at the beginning of Mission 5, though? Vergil tells her that her projection could be effective intelligence gathering but "I can't do it at will".

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Wasn't that back before she knew how to do it well enough?

Bleh, and I don't have the game to check >.< Lent it to a friend.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Kat actually does specify that she cannot project her soul out at will, she can only partly phase into Limbo t the point things there can affect herm but she's still physically in that spot in the real world.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Well, Limbo City is a big city, and I live in Brooklyn, which is a big city. In Brooklyn, if someone is talking to themselves or doing something weird, they are just ignored. So I would assume the same is happening with Kat.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Now that I think about it, yeah the virility could have something to do with it and everyone has bluetooth's or wireless earpieces for their phones now a days and don't question someone talking to themself. Though when she puts her hands up, moves back and bumps into someone that is questioning

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Now that I think about it, yeah the virility could have something to do with it and everyone has bluetooth's or wireless earpieces for their phones now a days and don't question someone talking to themself. Though when she puts her hands up, moves back and bumps into someone that is questioning

Maybe she's just really into the phone call. Or...that's how I'd justify that. *gestures and walks around while on the phone most times*

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But there's still something that boggles me.

In mission 1, when Kat threw that bottle at the hunter, did she really throw a bottle?

Top Bottom