• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New characters for DMC6

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any inspirations from characters of Guilty Gear & Blazblue?

Sol & Ragna remind us of Dante in some way as well as Ky & Jin remind us as Vergil.

We need new characters joining the fray somehow.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I HAVE COME UP WITH A NEW ANTAGONIST AND POSSIBLE RIVAL!!!!

Remember the Thinker/DeVoe from the Flash? I'm picturing him in something like Action Man 2000's Dr. X and Jigsaw from Saw. The antagonist will be someone who'll also be almost like Oswell E. Spencer for starters. Either elder age on a wheelchair or someone handicapped and lost his legs, replaced with a wheel-like device. A frail weak old body, but hasn't lost his intelligence. He can be the CEO of a corporation ran to orchestrate elimination of demons or the leader of a new hunting agency who's to be rivaling the DMC agency.

Ever since the Qliphoth incident in Red Grave City, it was inspiration to build a new breed of humanity combined with demonic power since Sparda's sons were born.

Of course part of his master plan would involve having his mind transferred into someone's body either pure demon, a human who gained demonic power or a natural born half-breed like Dante & Vergil.

Through that vessel, he'll be able to battle Sparda's descendants and be able to conquer both worlds and claim the throne of the Underworld.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was a fan of this recent Marvel character and it got me interested in someone whose more "mercenary".

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I've been thinking of a new character on the DMC side. Ever heard of an anime doctor known as Black Jack? I picture the new hunter to be a former surgeon who lost his license. He becomes a rogue surgeon to help those in need where no doctors would be allowed to perform without approval from companies.

Black.Jack.%28Character%29.full.138961.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

These are some fan made characters for the web show RWBY.

I thought they would be a good fit for DMC. We could explore other hunters outside the main cast.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@V's patron

Perhaps any of them can bring out a female Sparda. Maybe not from Sparda's line but from another as long as the white hair is part of it.

Since no thoughts of a "Dante's daughter", a new female character separate from the Sparda line maybe.

I do like the Tommy Gun. Could use that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@V's patron

Perhaps any of them can bring out a female Sparda. Maybe not from Sparda's line but from another as long as the white hair is part of it.

Since no thoughts of a "Dante's daughter", a new female character separate from the Sparda line maybe.

I do like the Tommy Gun. Could use that.
One of the girls could be reused for an older Patty. I think the girl with the compound bow fits her personality better.

I'm not really interested in giving Dante a kid or reusing the old cast too much but that's a way to go for me.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Giorno_jojoeoh.png

Does anyone feel Josuke Higashikata vibes in Nero? What if DMC6 introduces a new character with vibes of Giorno Giovanna? Either a human, hybrid or pure demon.

How would that work?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Giorno_jojoeoh.png

Does anyone feel Josuke Higashikata vibes in Nero? What if DMC6 introduces a new character with vibes of Giorno Giovanna? Either a human, hybrid or pure demon.

How would that work?
Just make him what V should've been- a human wizard with dubious morals.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Just make him what V should've been- a human wizard with dubious morals.

How so in that? What abilities as a human wizard? You've seen what Golden Wind/Experience does! And how does that character reflect Giorno's?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How so in that? What abilities as a human wizard? You've seen what Golden Wind/Experience does! And how does that character reflect Giorno's?
Technically the JOJO protagonists become more flawed over the years. Giorno counts as antihero so his counterpart could be one as well. V would've been a suitable counterpart.

Him being a wizard is just a way to expand on the DMC world. Magic has been used but vaguely so I'd expand/revamp it further. Just having everybody be half-demon or a demon feels limiting to me personally.

You could make him a psychic/chi-user as well.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Technically the JOJO protagonist become more antihero/flawed over the years. Giorno counts as one so his counterpart would be one as well. V would've been a suitable counterpart.

Him being a wizard is just a way to expand on the DMC world. Magic has been used but vaguely so I'd expand/revamp it further. Just having everybody be half-demon or a demon feels limiting to me personally.

You could make him a psychic/chi-user as well.

I can imagine him/her having a Yu-Gi-Oh! vibe since V's has similarities to Shin Megami Tensei with Demifiend.

Give the secondary protagonist vibes of both Yugi & Giorno in a way of bringing creatures to life from cards. Even those he/she sealed after beating the bosses. Plus some Doctor Strange vibes as well.

D

Deleted member 41833

YOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THIS TOPIC.
Okay so a few months ago when I was in a DMC Discord, a guy named Nausinous pitched about how it would be cool if the dmc universe was expanded upon, like evil human devil hunters, etc. I love that idea so much to this day, because I can already picture some con sleezy flirty guy whose an evil devil hunter and I love that dynamic with the original characters.

D

Deleted member 41833

I heard that most people were surprised that there was military in the DMC 5 universe, I believe this is true?

Hungry Alien

I heard that most people were surprised that there was military in the DMC 5 universe, I believe this is true?
It was the first time we actually saw a military force in DMC despite the numerous demonic incidents. That means there is actually a society in the DMC universe and an armed force which can intervene. Even if it is kinda obvious, we never saw it until DMC 5. DMC 3 and 4 had portals to hell opened and no one seemed to care outside the invaded city, so we never knew if demons were known to the public.

DMC 5 basically showed that the world is now aware of the demons presence, and that's something to explore in the future of the serie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I can imagine him/her having a Yu-Gi-Oh! vibe since V's has similarities to Shin Megami Tensei with Demifiend.

Give the secondary protagonist vibes of both Yugi & Giorno in a way of bringing creatures to life from cards. Even those he/she sealed after beating the bosses. Plus some Doctor Strange vibes as well.
You could keep the Yu-Gi-Oh vibe by having it be a playable kid or a teen protagonist.

It could be a satire on geek culture.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
You could keep the Yu-Gi-Oh vibe by having it be a playable kid or a teen protagonist.

Wonder which YGO protagonist would suit this new character?
  • Yugi Muto (DM)
  • Judai Yuki (GX)
  • Yusei Fudo (5Ds)
  • Yuma Tskumo (ZXL)
  • Yuya Sakaki (ARCV)
  • Yusaku Fujiki (VRAINS)
Mostly Yugi vibes would suit it somehow. Wonder with a mix of Giorno?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wonder which YGO protagonist would suit this new character?
  • Yugi Muto (DM)
  • Judai Yuki (GX)
  • Yusei Fudo (5Ds)
  • Yuma Tskumo (ZXL)
  • Yuya Sakaki (ARCV)
  • Yusaku Fujiki (VRAINS)
Mostly Yugi vibes would suit it somehow. Wonder with a mix of Giorno?
Probably yugi as he started out as a relatively normal person sucked into a world of magic and monsters. Plus i haven't seen the last 3.

Yugi's perspective isn't really something we've seen in DMC beyond the anime. So Nero or Lady can become this new character's mentor and help keeping that on the right path.

Beyond being an antihero, giorno is defined by being a part of the ensemble than being a leading man like Josuke and his predecessors. So having this character be a new member of DMC works.

Them being a wizard/chi-user is just a way to work in their abilities. Stands in JOJO have a gimmick that can range from a fishing rod that can travel through wormholes to raising the dead. So this new character's abilities would serve as their gameplay style.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Probably Yugi as he started out as a relatively normal person sucked into a world of magic and monsters. Plus i haven't seen the last 3.

Yugi's perspective isn't really something we've seen in DMC beyond the anime. So Nero or Lady can become this new character's mentor and help keeping that on the right path.

Beyond being an antihero, Giorno is defined by being a part of the ensemble than being a leading man like Josuke and his predecessors. So having this character be a new member of DMC works.

Them being a wizard/chi-user is just a way to work in their abilities. Stands in JOJO have a gimmick that can range from a fishing rod that can travel through wormholes to raising the dead. So this new character's abilities would serve as their gameplay style.

Being a wizard/chi user would fit this one well in Giorno & Yugi's style. Just gotta figure out his abilities if he's gonna have V's updated style or something fresh. And what did you mean by fishing rod traveling through wormholes raising the dead?

He's gotta have a fashion statement, his design and how he'll contribute to the DMC team. Would you have him human or demon? Let's not forget a suitable name!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Being a wizard/chi user would fit this one well in Giorno & Yugi's style. Just gotta figure out his abilities if he's gonna have V's updated style or something fresh. And what did you mean by fishing rod traveling through wormholes raising the dead?

He's gotta have a fashion statement, his design and how he'll contribute to the DMC team. Would you have him human or demon? Let's not forget a suitable name!
The fishing rod guy and the raising the dead guy are two seperate stands Giorno faces in Part 5. I brought them up as examples of what the new character could be doing- not that they neccesarily need to be using a fishing pole or raise the dead.

human with powers.

Top Bottom