• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NEW TRAILER!!!!

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Yeah that's my theory.

lol sorry to plagiarize. it makes sense tho, perhaps what we see running around tearing **** up is just a manifastation of munduss soul/mind. the reason he doesnt leave the building is because if he did then the illusion would weaken or shatter. its an illusion after all so there are limits to what it can do eg interact with things. also it really meshes with the city being against dante especially if that building is like some ancient landmark or something

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
lol sorry to plagiarize. it makes sense tho, perhaps what we see running around tearing **** up is just a manifastation of munduss soul/mind. the reason he doesnt leave the building is because if he did then the illusion would weaken or shatter. its an illusion after all so there are limits to what it can do eg interact with things. also it really meshes with the city being against dante especially if that building is like some ancient landmark or something
Haha that's not what I meant, I was just saying I have the same theory as you. :)

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Some screens;

Mundus.jpg

Dante.jpg

MundusHQ.jpg

SpiderDant.jpg

Osiris.jpg

788Masri

you know i keep seeing mundus and all i can think is "damn you look just like my grandpa :p"

.this was a very non descriptive trailer. its not about dante or Vergil. it was about the universe, which i love.
Haha that's not what I meant, I was just saying I have the same theory as you. :)

you know what they say. gr8 minds think alike. do you think mundus has any other generals other than sparda?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
you know i keep seeing mundus and all i can think is "damn you look just like my grandpa :p"

.this was a very non descriptive trailer. its not about dante or Vergil. it was about the universe, which i love.

you know what they say. gr8 minds think alike. do you think mundus has any other generals other than sparda?
That's true. :)
I would say people like Lillith, Bob Barbas, and perhaps the hunter demon are generals or at least closely associated to Mundus.

788Masri

That's true. :)
I would say people like Lillith, Bob Barbas, and perhaps the hunter demon are generals or at least closely associated to Mundus.

aah you see theres them, but i was wondering if mundus had any big guns. bob is more like it but lilith seems such a non threat (dunno maybe its the damn botox). im thinking like someone who acted like a sort of rival for sparda. a ruthless, unloving, cold monster (whos a tax collector LOL). and what are hunter demons?oooh and maybe an angel who switched sides and worked for mundus....that would be amazing.

hat brings me to another point. all though the last few trailers weve heard talk of angels. yet we have yet to see one. anyone think theyll make an appearance in the game.

Paexie

While making some gifs I noticed that Mundus actually breaks the windows of his building.
So the power is coming directly from him and not necessarily the building itself.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yes. Angel evade allows you to go through enemies if done right.
gfGs9.gif

I like those theories.

Can I angel teleport/evade without the need to evade an attack?...can I just pull off whenever because I see the angel evade as a good replacement for the Trickster dash and teleport.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Yep. That seems like he was letting off a portion of his power. I'm sure he'll start destroying city's with one flick of the wrist. That or that attack was to summon a giant demon. Hell that could be next to the last part of the game.
That giant demon could be Mundus himself ? :O

Paexie

Can I angel teleport/evade without the need to evade an attack?...can I just pull off whenever because I see the angel evade as a good replacement for the Trickster dash and teleport.
All the different evades can be pulled off without the need of an enemy attacking you. The only one that changes slightly after avoiding the enemy is the demon evade, which slows time down for a hard hitting counter attack.

788Masri

i think the essence of the move is timing. you escape the part of space directly ahead of you. ie you do it too soon and you teleport into your opponent. too late and youre scattered all over the floor.

That giant demon could be Mundus himself ? :O

i had considered that too, but i dont think so. mundus might be big but i dont imagine him as a lumbering titans running around the city smashing buildings like godzilla. i see him more as that thing in the sky you think is normal size but is actually really far away. then he vaporizes you with a laser. no, i think its more likely to be one of mundus's many generals

Paexie

i think the essence of the move is timing. you escape the part of space directly ahead of you. ie you do it too soon and you teleport into your opponent. too late and youre scattered all over the floor.
You can in fact do all the different evade moves without needing to time a dodge. You can see it in the earlier CU livestreams.

crush

I think Mundus actually DID make his way into this world from DMC1.
Possibly that human form is some sort of image or even his double.
I can just image that slime like true form encased in that giant statue.

But one thing for sure. This could be the ultimate reboot/remake.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
i had considered that too, but i dont think so. mundus might be big but i dont imagine him as a lumbering titans running around the city smashing buildings like godzilla. i see him more as that thing in the sky you think is normal size but is actually really far away. then he vaporizes you with a laser. no, i think its more likely to be one of mundus's many generals

Neither do I, but it's a possibility. I really hope I don't have to fight a giant Mundus at the end, I prefer mano-a-mano kinda fights over wait-'til-the-weak-spot-is-exposed kinda fights with big monsters...

One thing I miss in DMC4 is fighting against Dante in mission 10, if only they'd let me fight with Dante against Nero... :/

Paexie

Neither do I, but it's a possibility. I really hope I don't have to fight a giant Mundus at the end, I prefer mano-a-mano kinda fights over wait-'til-the-weak-spot-is-exposed kinda fights with big monsters...

One thing I miss in DMC4 is fighting against Dante in mission 10, if only they'd let me fight with Dante against Nero... :/
Man, I agree. I don't mind a very demon-looking version of Mundus for the final fight (or hell, maybe a fight that has three phases and forms.... im having Bayonetta flashbacks). I would very much like a fight of pure skill and leveled circumstances.

Top Bottom