• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One Punch Man

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The hit webcomic by One that was redrawn as a manga by Yusuke Murata. Currently has an anime adaptation. About a hero who defeats all his enemies with one punch.

OnePunchMan_manga_cover.png

An all around awesome series and one of my favourite manga. Who else enjoys it? How did you get into it? Whose your favourite character?

Oh and please keep spoilers to a minimum for those who haven't read the manga/webcomic.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
For some reason this fandom really likes the Undertale fandom. I'll check it out at some point.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Never played Undertale.

Anyway, the series is a parody of the superhero genre. It makes fun of the various tropes while playing others straight. It's a mix of comedy like Gintama but also has some awesome action scenes.

Here's the Opening song, (audio only because of copyright.)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Thank ye kindly @Khundy :thumbsup:

By the way, who was your favorite hero? Mine is King.

@DragonMaster2010 That phrase is annoying as anime isn't in any danger. OPM is a great show made on an average budget. The animators make up the lack of money with pue passion and it shows.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I love games, movies, TV series and anime with good plot.

One punch man has basically no plot and never explains anything for comical effect.

I still love one punch man.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, OPM does have a more character oriented plot, rather than a straightforward story. But I think it works since it's very comedic.

I couldn't imagine it working with a normal plot because Saitama is so OP that nothing would pose a challenge.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Really enjoying this one. I've been watching the anime weekly. Does a great job of combining the absurdity and action of Gurren Lagann with a One Piece/DB protagonist archetype. Really is a marriage of all the best aspects of anime (including those I didn't mention) in the last 20 years or so.

Next to Attack on Titan, I'd say it's one of the most gorgeously animated series we have going.

Did it "save" anime? No, I don't think so. "Saving" a genre requires doing something new. I think One Punch Man just does what's worked before but does it really well. It does make all those things feel fresh in the moment, though.

Anime will be "saved" when they turn it on its head and ditch every formula in the book. When big companies stop churning out what their marketing experts think has a high probability for success and it's easier for innovative artists to get contracts, then anime will be saved. Big business kills art. Fact.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
For those who can't get enough of the anime, there will be six OVAs made as well. They are canon, but mostly side stories unrelated to the actual plot.

Episode 1 "Road to Hero" has recently been released, and man is it weird to see Saitama with a full head of hair.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Seen so much pics from this series on Tumblr, even from some users there i follow, well that one is good to watch as im considering that to do maybe on free days of Xmas.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
And so the anime has finished. It was a great ride, but all great things must come to an end I guess.

I hope they announce a season two some time in the future, though hopefully by then the manga will have enough content to warrant it.

I suppose I can satisfy myself with watching the OVAs that are coming out. They are pretty good as well.

lorddemolatron

Premium
And so the anime has finished. It was a great ride, but all great things must come to an end I guess.

I hope they announce a season two some time in the future, though hopefully by then the manga will have enough content to warrant it.

I suppose I can satisfy myself with watching the OVAs that are coming out. They are pretty good as well.

What i heard second season of OPM is planned but that revelation only for now is on Tumblr so until valid info shows i call it rumours.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
After some investigation, that is a mock poster made for the "Yoshida Shun Photography" Firm's COSPLAY purposes.

So no, no live action movie thankfully. Those made from anime always tend to be bad.

lorddemolatron

Premium
After some investigation, that is a mock poster made for the "Yoshida Shun Photography" Firm's COSPLAY purposes.

So no, no live action movie thankfully. Those made from anime always tend to be bad.

Even well that ended fake still somehow cool poster, beside fact that some Live Action movies on Animes/Manga sometimes end as bad ones.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A bit late but the first of the OVAs "A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close" has aired and man it was hilarious. I made the mistake of calling "Road to Hero" one of the OVAs but in fact it wasn't one. I would still recommend watching both that and the OVAs though. They are definitely worth your time.

As an aside, an interesting video discussing the OP to One Punch Man has surfaced. Notably it analyses how strong Saitama might be. Though it contains spoilers for those who haven't watched the anime so do be careful.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Now its confirmed- OPM anime gets season 2 and what i know it will be aired either November or December this year

Top Bottom