• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Psssh... Hey, guys! Wanna see DMC at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Whaaaaat? They said it WAS going to happen, not maybe... Ugh, that makes me kinda ****ed. :/

Meg

Perhaps they wanna keep people in suspense, so when it does show its more surprising?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Perhaps they are scared (well maybe not scared) to release more info about the game. A reboot was a rubbish idea and the whole new look of Dante wasn't approved by the majority of fans so maybe Capcom don't want to say anything definite about it being at E3.

I'm starting to think the the best thing is for it to be canned, this is probably the worst idea Capcom has had.... well in the history of Capcom...
But, I think NT said it was going to be there. Capcom and NT aren't really working together if one said it is and the other says no.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Perhaps they are scared (well maybe not scared) to release more info about the game. A reboot was a rubbish idea and the whole new look of Dante wasn't approved by the majority of fans so maybe Capcom don't want to say anything definite about it being at E3.

I'm starting to think the the best thing is for it to be canned, this is probably the worst idea Capcom has had.... well in the history of Capcom...
But, I think NT said it was going to be there. Capcom and NT aren't really working together if one said it is and the other says no.
They know that E3 will either make or break DmC, or the franchise in general. If they can this game, no one would care and Capcom would be forgiven.

aka958

Don't trust people
They know that E3 will either make or break DmC, or the franchise in general. If they can this game, no one would care and Capcom would be forgiven.

Yeah, it could've just been them making an idea and testing it's waters. Nothing else. o.o

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Yeah, it could've just been them making an idea and testing it's waters. Nothing else. o.o
True.

What I don't understand is, most reboots have some semblance of ties to the franchise. Say what you will about Castlevania Lord of Shadows gameplay or whatnot, but the whole trailer and interviews LoD had felt like MercurySteam really gave a damn about the series and they were really trying to get that Castlevania feel in 3D. DmC however, felt like a big middle finger to the fanbase. Also, NT doesn't really care about past DMC games, claimed the old Dante was uncool (I cannot comprehend how they think Dino looks cooler than regular Dante), and really don't care about the backlash they and Capcom received about the redesign. They failed hard in trying to sell this game to people. I've seen not one positive news article on this game from any big gaming media. Hell, in a way, DmC has become a joke to some people.

If they were going to do a departure this big from the franchise, might as well called it something else instead of alienating your faithfuls.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Great, can it and then we wait another 3 years while they attempt the impossible task of trying to appease the entire DMC fanbase at once.

What has happened here can't just be swept under the rug and forgotten, the majority of the fanbase is angry and has lost it's trust and thats not just going to go away now it's going to linger. Lets say they can it and they just carry on from 4 with Nero, Dante, Vergil whatever. Everyone is going to going over EVERY decision they make with a fine tooth comb they won't be able to sneaze without someone complaining about a design or plot decision they aren't happy about with a "here we go again! They just don't care about us do they!", nothing is going to slip through the net anymore they won't let it.

And like has been discussed in other threads not everyone wants the same thing, not small issues big issues like the Nero is Vergils son thing. As much as I hate to come to terms with it I don't doubt that was at least considered for a DMC5 plot device which would be again giving the finger to the fanbase majority, (the Vergil fans) and everything that makes him popular being contradicted.

Don't get me wrong im not defending the reboot I just think they should just power through and let the chips fall where they may. For me it's still innocent until proven guilty as they haven't really done anything to upset me that much as of yet so I guess it's just a matter of waiting until E3 or whenever they give us an update of some kind. (hopefully a gameplay teaser)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
they should probably try to make DmC work. if they make the game and it turns out to be really good capcom will regain alot of the fans' trust. if they don't make the game things will stay as they are. even if they make the game and it is as bad as the trailer looks it would still probably be better than canceling the game with fans feeling the way they do now.

Chrysander

I'd like to see a new trailer where it opens up with new Dante, then the real Dante boots him in the face and they carry on with old school Dante, to show they have listened to the fans. /dream

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's DMC's 10th Anniversary right? (Or rather it's coming) Just give us a DMC4 Special Edition and/or a Super Special DMC box set with something in it and call it a day Capcom. Like I said before I'm losing interest in this game purely because Capcom is taking to long to tell us about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom