• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reboot Dante and Vergil in Marvel vs capcom 4?

Dominus

Judging from the release window between MVC2 and MVC3, MVC4 will probably not be released for a while. Let alone Capcom stated they don't want to saturate the fighting game market and have another crash... And I'd prefer they try DMC4 Dante (or DMC1 Dante) in MVC4 or DMC5 Dante (if that happens).

scionicspectre

I don't see why they wouldn't use the new Dante and Vergil. Then again, they didn't use the movie-inspired versions of Thor, the Hulk, etc. I think the new guys could potentially fit into that comic book style pretty well.

These guys have plenty of interesting moves that would be well worth looking at in a fighting game. Also, including characters from a previous generation of games could be confusing for players.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't see why they wouldn't use the new Dante and Vergil. Then again, they didn't use the movie-inspired versions of Thor, the Hulk, etc. I think the new guys could potentially fit into that comic book style pretty well.

These guys have plenty of interesting moves that would be well worth looking at in a fighting game. Also, including characters from a previous generation of games could be confusing for players.

I always thought that MVC3 did relatively well because Dante and Vergil were in the game, and capcom have a pretty big degree of DMC fans.

scionicspectre

Yeah, that's why I got it. I always had some excuse to get Dante and Trish on the same team. Of course, I never did shell out the cash for their Ultimate rip-off. I wasn't offended, I just didn't think Vergil was really worth the money when I'd already squeezed so much value out of that game for a few months.

Dominus

Yeah, that's why I got it. I always had some excuse to get Dante and Trish on the same team. Of course, I never did shell out the cash for their Ultimate rip-off. I wasn't offended, I just didn't think Vergil was really worth the money when I'd already squeezed so much value out of that game for a few months.
Well getting rid of the DHC Glitch and invincible assists made the game more enjoyable (in addition to nerfing phoenix). I literally would just troll people online by picking Dante and baiting people into Haggar's lariat assist, or spamming hammer.. Too bad Dante went from potentially being #1 in the game by the end of MvC's life cycle, to being some where in the top 10 in UMvC3.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If they want it to sell, they'll put Classic Dante and Vergil in it. Maybe they'll add the new Donte and Virgin as costumes.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
MVC4 will probably come out in 5 to 10 years anyway, by that time, I don't think anyone would have a problem with new Dante and Vergil. So, I would go with new Dante and Vergil for a hypothetical MVC4.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Rather have them in the next Playstation All-Star Battle Royale. I didn't enjoy MvsC3 very much.
If they make it that is. But then again we will get people getting angry because of "OMG THEY CHOOSE REBOOT VERSION INSTEAD OF CLASSIC" or "THEY ARE OP BECAUSE THEY ARE COMBO HEAVY!!!1!!"

Top Bottom