• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

DarkSlayerVergil

• I feel like Baby Vegeta was executed much better than Goku Black. Baby's idea of taking over the saiyan Prince body in order to exact revenge felt like it had more depth than Zamasu a god using a mortals body to commit genocide.
  • I actually like Bakugou in MHA.
  • DMC4 Dante is the worst version of the character(yes I even mean DmC as well). Dante in 4 basically represents all the problems I have with DMC4 as a product in general.
  • I much prefer the reboot for Catslevania over the side-scrolling ones.
  • I actually believe it's ok if some resident evil games are more action oriented than others especially if the characters are already exposed to the horror many time over.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
NT doing a gritty reboot of Ninja Gaiden would be good for a laugh.
Ryu is more dull than the anime Dante and I'd probably bring in someone new to focus on.
It would have been cool if they did a 7 year time skip instead of a 2 year one for DOA5.
Instead of creating Mizuki for NG3, they should have just used Irene in the same role.
DOA's character design is lacking compared to Tekken/SF/King of Fighter's. Most of the new characters felt samey or lacking and there were other characters i rather play as like Irene, Donovan, Robert Sturgeon from the SNES games, Kokoro's mom Miyako.
NG would be harder to adapt than DMC as a live action movie. It's plot isn't as coherent or thought out as well as DMC/DmC. As much as we complain about DMC's story, it's leaps and bounds over NG's.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
NT doing a gritty reboot of Ninja Gaiden would be good for a laugh.
Ryu is more dull than the anime Dante and I'd probably bring in someone new to focus on.

Team Ninja technically did that with Ninja Gaiden 3/Razor's Edge. Though that is more a sequel than anything, but all of the modern trilogy games are prequels to the NES trilogy. And people think the DMC timeline is messed up.

I think the reason why is that Ryu is the franchise despite not having much characterization. They tried a different protagonist with Yaiba, but most people disliked the character, and the game itself was mediocre and the final nail in the coffin to kill Spark Unlimited. Ryu actually has more characterization in the old NES games than the modern ones. If you played all of the DOA games starting at 4, he gains a bit more than his solo series.

Instead of creating Mizuki for NG3, they should have just used Irene in the same role.

Funny enough, Irene more or less serves this role to Ayane in Razor's Edge. So Mizuki almost becomes pointless.

DOA's character design is lacking compared to Tekken/SF/King of Fighter's. Most of the new characters felt samey or lacking and there were other characters i rather play as like Irene, Donovan, Robert Sturgeon from the SNES games, Kokoro's mom Miyako.
NG would be harder to adapt than DMC as a live action movie. It's plot isn't as coherent or thought out as well as DMC/DmC. As much as we complain about DMC's story, it's leaps and bounds over NG's.

I can somewhat agree with this; especially the early DOA games. What didn't help was that most of the female characters had the almost exact same model. The models didn't start differentiating until 5. The most fun I had with DOA was starting with 4. My favorites are LIsa (who reminds me a lot of Christie from Tekken with a more wrestling flavor), Zack, Hayabusa, Kasumi, Jan Lee, and Bayman. Throw in the VF characters, and I am hooked. Luckily, 5 does this. Hell, even Bloody Roar has more characters that standout. Except 4, f#ck that piece of garbage game.

Ninja Gaiden wouldn't be that hard to adapt. The easiest to adapt would be the NES trilogy, because they're more straightforward than even the modern trilogy. Unofficially, there is a Ninja Gaiden movie that already exists: it's called Ninja Assassin. Mysterious, stoic ninja, the ninja's name starts with an R (Raizo), lady (Mika) that works for the government (Interpol instead of CIA) that may/may not be a love interest, and the buckets of gore. The only thing missing are demons and other supernatural elements. So I'd say it can be done.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against a potential live action Devil May Cry movie. Of course it has to be good and I reserve the right to call it bad if it is. I just don't see it being animated/cg as 100% neccesity.

I was interested in the DmC reboot when it was first announced. The trailer was pretty sweet and I saw it 47 times. Dante's changes were controversial but I felt if they pulled it off, it would have been a whole new subtext to Dante. Sadly they backpedaled hard and it didn't live up to the hype.

It was easier to see DmC Dante as his classic counterpart than DmC Vergil. Even thought DmC Vergil did get there in the end.

For a while i was more interested in a potential DmC2 than DMCV. It just set up it's Dante for sequels better than the classic series did.

Nero might have been better off as regular human turned demon than a quarter-demon grandson of Sparda.

I don't mind if they have DmC references/callbacks in a potential DMC movie or game.

I think DMC could probably pull of a High School arc better than DragonBall Evolution.

I'd probably adapt the manga/anime as Lady spinoffs. She has the more interesting material in both.

@BrawlMan
It's probably not a good career move for NT anyway.

I think they could try again but just a lil closer to home. Rather than go as far flung as Yaiba, maybe try Ryu's friends/family first?

NG's problem was they didn't know what to do with SNES games which is similar to DMC's flip flop of 2 and the novels.

Because the NG story never grabbed me like DMC I'll just take your word for it. Ninja Assassin did help tho. I was thinking about just mixing and maxing different story beats rather than a straight adaptation.

Last edited:

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Lucy (the action movie) is one of the worst action films ever made. It's proof that Scarlette Johanson can barely hold a movie by herself, that some audience don't know what they want, and Luc Besson should stay away from film making. I remember why father telling me that this was "smart" film making. I could do nothing, but roll my eyes, because I've seen plenty of sci-fi films (live-action or animated) done better than this.

THIS.
The best thing about this movie was probably the revenge methods, especially how she got payback against the big mafia dude. It had an interesting start and offered glimpses into a plot that could go many places, but what I didn't expect was all the nonsense dues ex machina that popped up as it progressed. Just totally killed the film for me.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DtS4NGeU4AAjvzS.jpg:large

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I feel like the only person on the Internet who prefers the Rurouni Kenshin Reflections ending over the canon Manga ending. I just find it a much more fitting end to the story than a sappy ending. I also wish that Kenshin ended up with the non-canon Shura instead of Kauro but oh well. I just dislike the traditional japanese homemaker Anime love interests.

Between Upgrade and Venom, which people on the internet like compare a lot, Venom is the better movie. Upgrade may be R-Rated, but it has a **** you of an ending, even if it does make sense.
I watched upgrade yesterday and i think the ending saved the movie. I was bracing myself for the let down of "evil scientist bad guy is behind it all" cliche. Honestly, i didn't see it as a downer ending because it left itself open to Grey regaining control of his mind. It would be much more of a downer ending if Grey killed himself, then he wouldn't get his happy dream world(kinda of like Inception's ending) and STEM wouldn't get to be human. Though, i think the implications of the ending is dark. STEM wants to kill everyone who knows about it. Grey's mother is the last person who knows about grey's condition and she's probably going to be killed as well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Though, i think the implications of the ending is dark. STEM wants to kill everyone who knows about it. Grey's mother is the last person who knows about grey's condition and she's probably going to be killed as well.

Hence why it's a downer ending. If Grey killed himself, at least STEM would not harm anyone else.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So here's another list of stuff

• I'm actually excited that Negan's in Tekken. I finally have a reason to pay attention to the series and not write it off as a sluggish anime cringe game.
  • Captain Marvel looks atrociously boring.
  • Black Panther is a great film. But I don't consider it the greatest film ever to be seen.
  • Lion King is overrated as all hell for me.
  • Toy Story should've stopped after 3.
  • I love Starfire's look in Titans. The scarlet red hair and fur coat made her stand out from other iterations.
  • I don't want Dick to become Nightwing because I'll miss the Robin suit too much.
  • I don't give a single crap about Avengers 4.
  • Superman is a better hero then literally anyone in the Avengers.
  • Spiderman PS4 is good but some missions bring it down for me.
  • Barely any of the costumes in Spiderman PS4 are good. Especially after the DLC costumes.
  • Most Anime openings are utterly forgettable and generic.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
  • Lion King is overrated as all hell for me.
The original cartoon film....? If so, I am sorry that you feel that way. It's not the best movie ever, but it's a masterpiece in art, art direction, animation and it has a good story with fun skits (sing-along by Timon, Pumbaa, and co.). Then, there's the musical score. I am surprised to learn that the music was composed by Hans freaking Zimmer!

No ****ing way. Zimmer?

Nooo. :) Good score, good sir!

I can't believe it. All these years... I've been listening to a legend's music and I didn't realize it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dunno if it's unpopular. I have yet to met somebody really exited for it.
I've only gotten to know about the movie's existence because of the the actress's petty twitter drama over someone photo-shopping her face with a smile. Its **** like this that makes me wish that Twitter&Facebook didn't exist.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I've only gotten to know about the movie's existence because of the the actress's petty twitter drama over someone photo-shopping her face with a smile. Its **** like this that makes me wish that Twitter&Facebook didn't exist.
The problem isn't the platform, the problem is the people. Tumblr and meme sites gave way to trolls, and losers like that.

Top Bottom