• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something new this way comes

Is this gonna be DmC2

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Why are you doing this now Masri? Its far too premature?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I like trains

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Since when does announcing the development of a mobile game mean that DmC2 is never going to happen...?

Man ,what is with this fandom? As soon as another game is being done other than what people expect, everyone thinks it's never gonna happen...

Yeah I know right:lol:

Capcom can still make a DmC2, with or without them.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Since when does announcing the development of a mobile game mean that DmC2 is never going to happen...?

Man ,what is with this fandom? As soon as another game is being done other than what people expect, everyone thinks it's never gonna happen...

I don't see any problem with them working on a mobile game. They usually save annoucements for gaming events like E3 and such. Consider it a warm up. But if it's a DmC2 they'd reveal is another story. Personally I think it's too much too soon for that. When Resident Evil 5 came out, it took a few years I think before Resident Evil 6 got announced, or the debut trailer was revealed.

Domenic93

this is too rich , and with EA no less. They deserve each other and deserve anything bad that happens to each:devil:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Yeah I know right:lol:

Capcom can still make a DmC2, with or without them.

they CAN make a DmC2 but i don't think they CAN make a DmC2. the writing is totally different, the art is different, the characters are different, the attitude of the games are different. Capcom making a DmC2 would be a disaster.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
they CAN make a DmC2 but i don't think they CAN make a DmC2. the writing is totally different, the art is different, the characters are different, the attitude of the games are different. Capcom making a DmC2 would be a disaster.

Capcom writing DmC2?

That's like Disney writing an Evil dead game. Not so good results.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

No it wouldn't it would be a disaster if the game was terrible.

Who says Capcom will make it? They can always hire another team to make it.

Big whoop the writing, art, and style in some DMC games were different from the other.

I mean plenty of fans got over DMC3 not being like DMC1 in terms of atmosphere or style.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
No it wouldn't it would be a disaster if the game was terrible.

Who says Capcom will make it? They can always hire another team to make it.

Big whoop the writing, art, and style in some DMC games were different from the other.

I mean plenty of fans got over DMC3 not being like DMC1 in terms of atmosphere or style.

i was being dramatic when i said disaster. but i thought you meant that capcom themselves were going to make DmC2. in my opinion, that wouldn't work out so well

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i was being dramatic when i said disaster. but i thought you meant that capcom themselves were going to make DmC2. in my opinion, that wouldn't work out so well

Fine would NT making DMC5 work out well (originally that was what they wanted to make) or would be just as bad as Capcom making a DmC2?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well shouldnt we blame the development team for the past mistakes of DMC's story more as they actually wrote the thing rather than the people who write the checks and micro manage?

plus the former writer got fired so maybe the new blood could turns around?:blush:

I think maybe bringing some talent from Marvel Comics to write the new DmC game might be a good idea because capcom has a working relationship with Marvel already and some of the big name writers at marvel expressed interest in writing video games. A few of them have( Rick Remender worked on Dead Space and Bulletstorm) already.

Marvel would probably be a better pick for pre-boot DMC since they are good at fixing and mining continuity but DC could pick up the slack as they just had a controversial reboot themselves. Plus they had the rights to do a DMC comic a few years ago and there is a whole line of comics that deal with supernatural characters called the Dark so it could be a win win.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well shouldnt we blame the development team for the past mistakes of DMC's story more as they actually wrote the thing rather than the people who write the checks and micro manage?

plus the former writer got fired so maybe the new blood could turns around?:blush:

I think maybe bringing some talent from Marvel Comics to write the new DmC game might be a good idea because capcom has a working relationship with Marvel already and some of the big name writers at marvel expressed interest in writing video games. A few of them have( Rick Remender worked on Dead Space and Bulletstorm) already.

Marvel would probably be a better pick for pre-boot DMC since they are good at fixing and mining continuity but DC could pick up the slack as they just had a controversial reboot themselves. Plus they had the rights to do a DMC comic a few years ago and there is a whole line of comics that deal with supernatural characters called the Dark so it could be a win win.

Capcom and Marvels relationship isn't that deep. If anything we hadn't had MvC3 in almost 10 years because Capcom lost the Marvel license and only got it back til recently but hey anything is possible if Capcom can get the artists to work on MvC3 this time compared to past MvC or Marvel crossovers.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Fine would NT making DMC5 work out well (originally that was what they wanted to make) or would be just as bad as Capcom making a DmC2?

both sound...terrible. thats why they are two different developers making two different games (you know what i mean). and i'm glad they decided to reboot instead of have NT do a sequel in the series

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
both sound...terrible. thats why they are two different developers making two different games (you know what i mean). and i'm glad they decided to reboot instead of have NT do a sequel in the series

Well based on what I heard in an interview NT was fully set on making DMC5 like DMC3. They're fans of DMC too (so they say) so its not like if they made DMC5 it would be like DmC. Capcom forced them to make DmC and even had to go to the drawing board a couple times because it looked too similar to DMC.

I mean I don't see DmC as NT's way of story telling or style I see it as them mimicking modern style to make it presentable and relatable to modern day westerners.

I mean Heavenly Sword and Enslaved doesn't really feel much like DmC either so its not like NT has one style (DmC).

I mean if they made it it probably would still be disappointing but then again the Angel and Demon stance mechanic wouldn't be there since Dante isn't part angel and part demon. It wouldn't have divided the fanbase.

I mean Capcom made a westen dev make DR2 and that turned out great. Why wouldn't it turn out so great for NT?

Capcom would probably have better PR and DMC5 would've sold better hell NT's strong points could've added more not deteriorate.

But then again I wouldn't know.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well based on what I heard in an interview NT was fully set on making DMC5 like DMC3. They're fans of DMC too (so they say) so its not like if they made DMC5 it would be like DmC. Capcom forced them to make DmC and even had to go to the drawing board a couple times because it looked too similar to DMC.

I mean I don't see DmC as NT's way of story telling or style I see it as them mimicking modern style to make it presentable and relatable to modern day westerners.

I mean Heavenly Sword and Enslaved doesn't really feel much like DmC either so its not like NT has one style (DmC).

I mean if they made it it probably would still be disappointing but then again the Angel and Demon stance mechanic wouldn't be there since Dante isn't part angel and part demon. It wouldn't have divided the fanbase.

I mean Capcom made a westen dev make DR2 and that turned out great. Why wouldn't it turn out so great for NT?

Capcom would probably have better PR and DMC5 would've sold better hell NT's strong points could've added more not deteriorate.

But then again I wouldn't know.

1- i can see how NT admires DMC3. its self evident in the game's story.
2- very true
3- i haven't played heavenly sword in years so i can't remember and i haven't played their other games yet
4- true
5- Thats what they did. and it turned out badly
6- i wish capcom was more hands on with DmC, but hey.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
1- i can see how NT admires DMC3. its self evident in the game's story.
2- very true
3- i haven't played heavenly sword in years so i can't remember and i haven't played their other games yet
4- true
5- Thats what they did. and it turned out badly
6- i wish capcom was more hands on with DmC, but hey.

@#5. If your referring to Dead Rising 2 I would like to say what?

That game got a lot of praise and many say it was a worthy sequel to Dead Rising or a good enough sequel. I mean the only complaint was that Frank West wasn't the main character (although they Off The Record and Case Zero for that).

IncarnatedDemon

If Capcom really wants they can most likely make a game that will be equal to DmC.
Gameplay department - Capcom got it covered - they were the ones who taught and assisted NT with DmC's gameplay.

Which leads to two things remaining: characters and story - > outsource it to a good writer.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

Yep, by "taking inspiration from" a movie from 1988. That sure captured the modern zeitgeist.

View attachment 611

I don't think the DmC writing style would be too tricky to emulate. Give a twelve year old middle class toilet vandal a pack of crayons and a John Carpenter box set and I'm sure he'll match the first game's calibre in no time.

On the subject of being trapped in the eighties...it's interesting that NT is collaborating with a new studio on a platform they've never worked on before, and apparently following Double Dragon: Neon's aesthetic bandwagon to easy nostalgia dollars.

Incidentally if you haven't tried Double Dragon: Neon, do. It's pretty good.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@#5. If your referring to Dead Rising 2 I would like to say what?

That game got a lot of praise and many say it was a worthy sequel to Dead Rising or a good enough sequel. I mean the only complaint was that Frank West wasn't the main character (although they Off The Record and Case Zero for that).

i was refering to DmC. i haven't played DR2 yet

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i was refering to DmC. i haven't played DR2 yet

Well I was referring to DR2, whether DmC "turned out badly" or not is not the case I was trying to prove that a direct sequel to any Capcom game by a western developer can be a good thing if the team is good enough or Capcom was really dedicated and apparently checking Blue Castle (DR2 dev team) they made pretty average to mediocre games just like NT maybe even worst BUT the fact they can create a good sequel to an already self proclaimed great game says something whereas NT wasn't making a sequel but it still as you said "turned out badly" well I guess your right if NT had made DMC5 it probably would be bad. I guess only Capcom can make a good sequel to DMC............or Platinum.....maybe (I mean gameplay wise it might be good but story wise and I'm not judging them as writers they can write pretty good/entertaining stories if they tried....Anarchy Reigns...but since DMC is so far done the story adding writers whose writing skills are practically Capcom level to a story they weren't involved for 3 games, 3 mangas, an anime, and a bunch of drama CDs will probably damage the story even more).

Top Bottom