• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sure feels good, don’t it?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, as you all know and are aware (unless you've been living under a rock or hibernating) that Devil May Cry 5, DMC V or however you want to stylise it was announced yesterday. It IS REAL - insert insurmountable hype -

After 10 years (Yes, that's right, an entire DECADE of waiting) we now have a brand new entry in the original Devil May Cry series. - Did I already say to get hyped? -

Ever since they released Devil May Cry 4 back in 2008 we've been back and forth and forth and back with our own ideas, theories, speculations about who, what or even why Nero is or was (No seriously, what is a Nero anyway?). My point? Well, without you guys coming up with all of these cool, crazy, off the top, original and creative ideas this place could quite easily have fallen into darkness. So, all I have to say is thank you guys for sticking around this long (ALL OF YOU) from the bottom of my heart, and I'm sure I speak for all of the staff here as well...WE SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE YOU GUYS!

I also want to say that DmC and DMC 4: SE helped play a huge part in keeping DMC alive. Whether you liked those games or just considered them something that was trying to keep the series relevant whilst we all kept wonder if we'd ever see a DMC 5 on the horizon. Regardless, those games did what they had to and they helped keep DMC going until one day...This VERY day now...We'd see our favourite Devil hunters return to our consoles.

It's no surprise that I'm seriously hyped about this game. From pretty much all of my posts, to my avatar and profile detail changes, to the fact that all I'm chatting to friends, my nephew, and all of you guys about is DMC 5 and all the thoughts swirling around inside my head right now...

Why I made this thread is to say one BIG HUGE THANK YOU. Thank you to the members of this glorious community going 13+ years strong and many more years strong to come. Thank you to the fellow staff members who I work alongside that mostly all share our passion for all things DMC. And thank you Capcom for making another game in the original series that looks like it will answer a lot of questions and most, if not all fans can and should be happy about.

Thanks for sticking with DM(m)C.org on this crazy hell-bound journey, and here's to the future of our much beloved series!

<3

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Pretty much the same as others have said: beyond a few threads in the GD forum, I haven't had much cause to enter into any of the DMC-related conversations. But then again, who did, when we had exhausted all previous topics, with nothing new to add? Now it definitely feels like things are changing for the better. It's good to see all these new and old faces making the rounds again. ^^

Erian1Mortal

Premium
@Erian1Mortal
I forgot that you're German, you lucky mofo. Dude, I'm so looking forward to that, as Itsuno said that gameplay will be shown there, and the trailer had some moments (that I had to run in 0,25 speed to catch) showing some really neat, new combat stuff I wanna see more of!
I'm really tempted to take a few days off man (did the same with DmC way back when)
btw check my post on the speculation topic, I pretty much broke down all combat scenes, maybe you have some theories about that, wouls like to hear your take on that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It feels... conflicting. Everytime I think about how it's a thing and I get excited I remember what Dante looks like and it all kinda falls off a cliff.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You think it feels good now, imagine when it's released, when people are gonna start threads about every little secret in the game, tips and tricks, combat guides, all that good stuff.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I wish I could laugh in the faces of all those journalists and DmC fans who told us to accept that DmC was the future of the franchise and that DMC5 wouldn't happen.

It does feel good!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I wonder if they plan on doing anything with the series going forward, or if this is the last hurrah. Nero is really the only successor to the series without going full reboot

Top Bottom