• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Goldsickle

My lightbox's light bulb broke.

And the only place I can find a spare light bulb that is the right size and shape is on a planet in a different star system that can only be visited once every 69 years.

In other words, I can't find that exact same light bulb and need to buy a whole new lightbox.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
My lightbox's light bulb broke.

And the only place I can find a spare light bulb that is the right size and shape is on a planet in a different star system that can only be visited once every 69 years.

In other words, I can't find that exact same light bulb and need to buy a whole new lightbox.
Jesus! Was your lightbox created in the heart of a dying star and forged with Uru metal or something?

(Real talk, what brand of lightbox is it, and are you looking for recommendations?)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm not a royalist and never will be....but Harry and Megan's "tribute" to his apparently much-loved grandfather is disgraceful.

And her being pregnant is not a disability. No genuine reason to not travel for the funeral other than "we slagged off the family on TV and don't want to face them".

Ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
You wanna know what's a matter with me? I appeal to everyone who can do me absolutely no good.

When the pandemic hit I was tempted to go elsewhere for work since they cut my hours down to practically zero. Every time I raised the idea of leaving they always said not to worry, as soon as the economy opens back up I'll be back working full force with the team, don't go I'm an invaluable member of the organisation et cetera.

But as soon as they're forced to open business again a year later I enquire about returning and they give me the cold shoulder, telling me they're letting me go. All that time I stuck around without work and next to no salary was meaningless in the end...

Gasoline Tank

So as I was saying, there's a troll bothering me online who I hadn't came across for about a decade, prior to 2017. Now he's constantly harassing me on YouTube, registering with female aliases on wikis and forums to stalk me, or giving my address to other idiots, and saying that I deserved to be arrested for personal issues that has nothing to do with him. He knows I know who he is, so he's just trying to act sarcastic nowadays.

There's a forum I go on about gaming. He signs in every single day just to read my posts, even though I just talk about games, and I set my profile to private. I can see he does that by looking at his profile. He even has my friend in his avatar, except he looks like a black person with an afro. The administrator on there seems scared to ban him, as he makes excuses not to intervene and tells me to simply ignore him.

I was posting on a relationship advice forum a few years back, where the moderators had been removed. So he kept creating multiple accounts and frequently spamming for months, until the owner eventually turned off registration. However, the forum is absolutely ruined now. Nobody can post any more either.

Unfortunately, I contacted the police about him many times and they claim they cannot do anything about him because he is overseas. I've got evidence that he is the guy I say he is, but some forums we were on where I had proof, closed down. So there is only so much evidence I was able to save.

He is definitely from either Australia or New Zealand. He posted an IP address once on Wikipedia when he was pestering me there. The ISP I discovered he was using at the time doesn't cover Australia, but he could have just been in New Zealand on a holiday. It definitely was not a VPN, as it was with Spark's mobile services. And it's hard to use proxies on Wikipedia, as many of them are blocked.

I don't want anything to do with him, but he has been doing this every month for nearly 4 years. But I have known him for years, as he was on other forums I joined in the 2000s.

Some people must be born crazy...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So as I was saying, there's a troll bothering me online who I hadn't came across for about a decade, prior to 2017. Now he's constantly harassing me on YouTube, registering with female aliases on wikis and forums to stalk me, or giving my address to other idiots, and saying that I deserved to be arrested for personal issues that has nothing to do with him. He knows I know who he is, so he's just trying to act sarcastic nowadays.

There's a forum I go on about gaming. He signs in every single day just to read my posts, even though I just talk about games, and I set my profile to private. I can see he does that by looking at his profile. He even has my friend in his avatar, except he looks like a black person with an afro. The administrator on there seems scared to ban him, as he makes excuses not to intervene and tells me to simply ignore him.

I was posting on a relationship advice forum a few years back, where the moderators had been removed. So he kept creating multiple accounts and frequently spamming for months, until the owner eventually turned off registration. However, the forum is absolutely ruined now. Nobody can post any more either.

Unfortunately, I contacted the police about him many times and they claim they cannot do anything about him because he is overseas. I've got evidence that he is the guy I say he is, but some forums we were on where I had proof, closed down. So there is only so much evidence I was able to save.

He is definitely from either Australia or New Zealand. He posted an IP address once on Wikipedia when he was pestering me there. The ISP I discovered he was using at the time doesn't cover Australia, but he could have just been in New Zealand on a holiday. It definitely was not a VPN, as it was with Spark's mobile services. And it's hard to use proxies on Wikipedia, as many of them are blocked.

I don't want anything to do with him, but he has been doing this every month for nearly 4 years. But I have known him for years, as he was on other forums I joined in the 2000s.

Some people must be born crazy...

Taking the risk that this is a bait for me :ROFL: this kind of stuff makes you suspicious, you know

Had similar issues here. I had a friend who decided to hurt me with my worst fears and traumas when I was something like 2 or 3 weeks out of mental hospital and still being driven to suicidal thoughts and actions by those fears (which she was very well aware of). She apologized me, straight-backed, (though it seemed to be more of a way to brag for others than a personal apology), I forgave her and I would've let it go, but she got furious when I didn't want to be friends again. I "should have understood" her response. To put it short, I'm talking about a person who requires understanding from everyone around her, but who doesn't have to understand anyone.

As far as I know, this stalker of mine still checks me every day on various platforms, which I'm not letting to affect me in any way. Not to be too certain though about her, I've seen some matching visits in some places, which is not a proof. Very likely tho.
I guess she's still ranting about me in her personal blog, it's been the case since 2019. She used to use parts of my messages in her smear campaigns, with word twists and exaggerations and even pure lies that serve her purpose, so it would be very easy to check if she still does that. If I just checked her blog, I'd know if she still stalks me. Not checking lol. Haven't done that for months, and without a "there she goes again"-clue from a friend, for... a year, I guess.

For me, the major thing was just to stop caring about it, as unjustified and unfair it was. I don't know about your situation enough to recommend anything, so I don't recommend that without any reservation – if there's any risk of getting really hurt by this, brushing it off can definitely be dangerous. In my case, there was nothing she could really do for me, even though she told she has fantasies of violence towards me, she wants me to die etc. She tried to intimidate me with a court proceeding, which was purely ridiculous given that I haven't done anything to be considered as a crime (and as a law student I think I know that. I was maybe a bit harsh with my responses to her gaslighting and smear campaign, but on my view it was justified. I didn't break the law and I think she's well aware of it too. Usually people like this are just acting bigger than they are.)

So, in my case, going no contact (a common guideline when dealing with either a narcissistic or otherwise abusive person, the latter of which at least applying to this) was the thing that helped. It includes no active contact AND no checking on them, not reading their messages etc. If that's a safe option, consider that.
If you go no contact, it's not gonna be easy, I can tell you that. I'm fairly certain my stalker still goes on about me, lying and exaggerating my actions, and I know that is the case until she finds a new victim. Before me, she had another "best friend forever" to trash and lie about. Before her, another. And another. And another. You know how it goes. For me, it's probably gonna last several years (for "some reason" this person is not a very skilled friend-maker, which is definitely not my advantage in getting rid of it). People like this are usually extremely clingy, filled with grudge, and – to quote my therapist – they are just so scared of seeing themselves that they need someone to lie about for everyone in hopes that no one sees through them.
In this regard, when you're a victim, what might help you is telling yourself that at least you know you are not the coward here, you don't have to lie and result to a child's stage to feel good. You know what is true. You know the one who has the distorted sense of reality and is scared to meet their own eyes, and it is not you. Like my therapist likes to say, "You are the master of your mental barricade and you don't have to let them in".

The roughest part for me was when I learned she's sending messages for some common friends of ours and lying to them as well, disconnecting messages from their context and her responses in a way that serves her purpose. But because I learned that by these common friends – who forwarded these messages for me with words like "lol she apparently things I'm buying this" – I also saw that even though it looks very bad for my side, people have already seen her ways to act.
I hope the same applies to you as well. Just recently I came up with a quote about it: "You don't have to tell your side about it. Time will."

To sum it up: going no contact and brushing it off were the key for me. When I think about her, which happens rarely nowadays, I usually just shrug and maybe smile at a thought of her adorable pets or something. If I'm feeling especially happy, I might even give a short thought for the memory of her eyes because I've never seen anyone with as beautiful eyes *laughs* and it's a thing that is safe to think, since it's completely apart from the personality. Of course grudge hits me sometimes, like this morning, but it doesn't last long.

Best of luck with that. I know it's rough. If you ever want to chat about it, I've got experience ;)

Last edited:

Gasoline Tank

Some of my viewers want me to stream Resident Evil Village, but he could see that I'm live next month and start posting my personal information again. It's not like I'm going to know when he will turn up with more accounts. If he posts on my YouTube comments section, he'll have his posts saved on my feed on the stream itself. He was doing this in January.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Some of my viewers want me to stream Resident Evil Village, but he could see that I'm live next month and start posting my personal information again. It's not like I'm going to know when he will turn up with more accounts. If he posts on my YouTube comments section, he'll have his posts saved on my feed on the stream itself. He was doing this in January.
Damn. That's rough. If he just was located in the same country, it would be much easier.

So, if the police is not interested, practically I'd say you have two options

1) no contact except for deleting his comments (without any other response or reaction) until he gets bored – in which case you'd have to consider carefully about the information he is able to share, like, how dangerous or harmful it can be for you. If it's not that harmful, this could be an option. Worked for me like I told above.

2) deleting your accounts and starting new ones without any personal information or link to your previous ones, staying completely anonymous – not good, but for one's safety, that might be worth considering.
Whether it's easy or worth doing, I can't say. I've been lucky to have my stalker ruin her reputation by her own actions among the people who know me, so even though in the worst days I was really thinking about faking my own death *lol* in the end I was just overreacting, because she could not harm me in any way even if (when :LOL: ) she committed her life for it.
In regards to my mother, strongly suspected with NPD, I had to change my phone number, deny any permissions to share my contact information from the university and start using a fake first name in social media to prevent her from finding and contacting me. But that was easy because she is not very skilled with computers. My FB account is still very easy to find if you know what to look for, but in this case, it was enough to change the first name. Telling you this just in case your stalker has some personal or technical difficulties you can use as your advantage. Just a word of warning: be very certain of it before you start using them.

And never ever EVER tell or even hint him about the ways you use to protect yourself, whether it is changing usernames, names, personal info, using proxy, using VPN or using a community computer. When I really thought that abusive friend was finally letting me go, I told her I used proxy servers to hide myself, practically as a sign of forgiveness. Well, it was not long until her tactics went back to intimidating and threatening. After that she used the knowledge I shared for her against me to set me up for stuff. (I was lucky again, because she really showed not to have enough technical skills to really understand how they work and I bet people noticed she's lying and manipulating people, but again, it was mere luck.) It was like giving her an extra bullet for her gun 'cause she missed my head the first time. So if you have to hide yourself, do it well, and never reveal that info to anyone. Should probably come without saying but like you've already noticed, I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolshed when it comes to trusting people who should not be trusted :LOL:

Last edited:

Gasoline Tank

Yeah. I thought about giving my up this Saunders identity, just over the fact it feels dated when I am 35. But I think I would be better off deleting my YouTube account too. It would be a shame to have to do that, since I have gained 69 subs. But it's only like the same three people who leave comments on my videos anyway. It's probably not very safe.

I think there's people who purposefully subscribe to vote my videos down on purpose, which is just stupid. I really don't think it's healthy to rant all of the time about the same games either. There's hardly anybody who listens anyway. Like, you know how it is with certain fanbases.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yeah. I thought about giving my up this Saunders identity, just over the fact it feels dated when I am 35. But I think I would be better off deleting my YouTube account too. It would be a shame to have to do that, since I have gained 69 subs. But it's only like the same three people who leave comments on my videos anyway. It's probably not very safe.

I think there's people who purposefully subscribe to vote my videos down on purpose, which is just stupid. I really don't think it's healthy to rant all of the time about the same games either. There's hardly anybody who listens anyway. Like, you know how it is with certain fanbases.

I understand it's not an easy decision. But if this situation is a threat for your safety, go for it.

If it cheers you up: I am speaking here only on my behalf, but when I noticed the toxicity of some internet platforms (Facebook, Jodel, Tumblr, to mention a few – either it's about fighting and trolling like people were in the kindergarden again in FB and Jodel, or especially in Tumblr, it seems to be about who has the flashiest variety of self-diagnosed mental illnesses and who is able to use the widest variety of words the describe their gender, which is ofc a human right and not toxic in it's roots, but is not healthy for the user nor a reader with common sense of empathy, and tends to cause situations which get toxic) I just made a little test. I deactivated my Facebook, removed my both Tumblrs and deleted Jodel without a backup file, knowing that especially that one just gets me sad and angry. And they're time consuming as well.

It was like that something like two or three weeks, and even such a short time was an eye-opener. Damn, I was happy. Didn't feel that "emotional rollercoaster" I used to feel around those services. Suddenly I had time to actually do stuff *lol*. Cutting unnecessary toxicity and hatred really pays off, because even if you don't take part in those social media tantrums, you still see them while scrolling down, and at least in my case it just made me sad.

I have reactivated my Facebook mainly because of locksport stuff and to advertise our writing club, but otherwise I stay away from there. I haven't redownloaded Jodel and I don't have a Tumblr anymore. I don't miss them. I use Blogger (for the stuff I write online), the key audience of which being usually a bit different, and it's a lot more healthy platform than Tumblr. My next step is to delete Whatsapp :ROFL: just because I hate the culture of being available 24/7 and being added to groups, listening that irritating cling every time someone wants to share a meme for one person in that group of 12 people.
I guess it's gonna be somewhat a problem when our child is born, because parents here like to build a Whatsapp group for daycare and school and three different groups for every hobby and stuff like that. I don't want to be part of it but I don't want the kid to suffer from my choices and personal life priorities, so I just cross my fingers and hope there's a solution for that before the kid reaches the age where hobbies and school parent councils are needed.

Best of luck for you.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"If you love a game you should buy it at full price".

Bitch, how the **** am I supposed to know whether or not I'm gonna love a game before I get it? The act of buying it simply signifies me having interest in playing it. I can't know if I'll love it UNTIL I've played it. So I'll keep buying games at whatever price I please, you frustrated, entitled little wanker.

P.S.
See another reason why I like brit English is insults like that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Bitch, how the **** am I supposed to know whether or not I'm gonna love a game before I get it? The act of buying it simply signifies me having interest in playing it. I can't know if I'll love it UNTIL I've played it. So I'll keep buying games at whatever price I please, you frustrated, entitled little wanker.
I read the article too. Dude is far up his own ass.There is a big reason why I did not buy another generic zombie game.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

Bro, you're not paying attention to what she's saying. She's not saying you have to give up the YouTube channel. She's saying go radio silence on your presence. Delete accounts where you don't have control over whether someone listens or not.

On youtube, you CAN delete his comments, report them, or other controls. Facebook? You can delete or hide his comments, and report it while you at it. Some sites don't have these options, in that case, go radio silence there.

I HAVE been in your shoes. The best thing you can do is go silent for a while. Or "cancel" them back especially if you have a second account with more followers.
(my stalker) just signed up here. He had this same stupid pseudonym on my YouTube channel a few nights ago. I've since closed my account, and added him to my ignore list on here.
@Steve is the owner here. Communicate with him every time this ****head talks ****. Use the report button. Mods here don't take ****.

Just explain the situation and it will go fine.

P.S.
See another reason why I like brit English is insults like that.

I read the article too. Dude is far up his own ass.There is a big reason why I did not buy another generic zombie game.
As for this subject: You guys are misunderstanding his comments.

The BEST indicator of a franchise is when the game sells decent to greenlight a sequel. To Sony, or ANY publisher for that matter, YOU have to buy the game at $60, or the game won't get a sequel.

That's what he's saying. They need to know you want a sequel. That $60 isn't just profitable, it's telling them "make more, plz."

Now, I get it, Days Gone is a brand new franchise or series. You need time to see how the game is panned. But understand that if you want a sequel of THAT title, let's say - another example getting the same controversy - F-Zero. If YOU want more F-Zero - GET IT AT LAUCH PRICE.

Don't wait.

This whole metacriic rule that Nintendo (and/or PlayStation) has? DUMB.

Here, listen:

Gasoline Tank

@Carlos, I made the choice to do so, and it wasn't just because of the Australian guy who bothers me. I've just gotten so fed up of the crap in general with YouTube. Besides, Capcom will never change their money grabbing ways, so the way I see it, why keep dwelling on what they do? :p

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos, I made the choice to do so, and it wasn't just because of the Australian guy who bothers me. I've just gotten so fed up of the crap in general with YouTube. Besides, Capcom will never change their money grabbing ways, so the way I see it, why keep dwelling on what they do? :p
If you feel good about this move then good on you. I use YouTube as a way to further my brand, and raise my presence. However, if I have a harasser on my channel. I do everything in my power to make sure they don't do it anymore.

Gasoline Tank

He may have told Nemesis that I uploaded his old RE rants to archive.org, since I cannot find them anymore. OK. Do I have any evidence? Nah. But that's typically what a grass does. After all, he did tell a minister who produces Christian films, that I uploaded his feature film without his consent. That's in spite of the fact that I am in the UK, and don't know this guy. I just knew him from Dot50Cal's old forum, and a few Capcom ones. Because, yeah. As if the guy I met for a professional purpose would just happen to find it otherwise. That, and some other guy who was a watcher of mine (I'll just call him P.F.) was giving links. He emailed me after I deleted my channel, hoping I will make another one. I didn't answer him. And nope. I'm through with RE debates for good, because let's face it. Capcom has no interest in hearing about our viewpoints. Resident Evil just isn't what it was, mate.

But oh well. If he has to get proof removed to hide the fact he used to once dislike Capcom, I guess I was right about him being a hypocrite. Since he stopped bashing Capcom years ago, I slowly started to give up supporting his channel anyway. He basically disowned me because of something I said once, yet I stuck up for him when the community saw him as a therat. He changed forever, and now he's no different from any other YouTuber, shill, or whatever the case may be. Pretty ironic though, considering he said fanboys were the problem.

The content he makes, and it ain't consistent any longer, is absolutely crap. Even I made better content, but no one really even watched me much. :D

Besides, I don't even care about spewing about RE stuff anymore. This is why I requested that my GameFAQs account be closed. Because I basically said to myself that it's over. In fact, I am not even mad about RE anymore.

Capcom may have ruined some aspects of the franchise, but at least it's not dead like say, Silent Hill. However, yes, they did mess it up. But there's nothing anybody can do. So why be angry every week? :D

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
"I miss my daughter."

Excuse me, you abusive, narcissistic, alcoholic, sick inhumane prick? What did you call me? I have no mother, thus you don't have a daughter, assuming that there isn't another unknown, tormented soul in this world who had to face your sick desires to humiliate and destroy your very own children.
I fought for years to gain the strength to kick you the f*ck out of my life. I escaped. Good luck thinking I'll ever answer your pathetic phone calls or listen to your manipulation and lies.

Another worrisome thoughts, I've been suffering from headache for a week, I have an appointment to the doctor tomorrow and I was "strongly recommended" with a sick leave to cut the constant pain, which I would rather not agree with. As a trainee, it is not that nice to have a sick leave, whatever the reason.
Of course I'll obey the doctor's orders, just that I'd rather find any other solution than a sick leave. I like my job and I'd like to show it as well.

(Related to this, @Morgan, sorry for still not sending you the tea recipe – I've been rarely feeling like writing anything and sitting at the bright computer screen for abovementioned reason o_O)

// I just came here to add that it's somehow funny how getting familiar with the Bible has actually helped me a lot during the past year. If I ever get another tattoo, I want it to be a simple text: "Ps. 27:10"*. I'd like to have it in my right wrist next to the scar that my mother made with a burning cigarette.
* 'Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.' That just calms me down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom