• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I do know that mainland China hates the film, [...] Part of the reason is the lack of the actual Mandarin character,
confused-jackie-chan.jpg

Since when the hell do the Chinese care about being true to the source material? You are sure hell did not care for the 35+ movies in the MCU timeline. What makes this one so special?
They certainly didn't mind accuracy to the source material when the casting for Doctor Strange turned the Tibetan Ancient One into a white woman just because they don't recognize Tibet as a sovereign country.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I really thought this wouldn't be a problem anywhere on grad school level, let alone Master's degree on law.
But some people are really really REALLY difficult to work with.

I sincerely believe our group would be at least halfway done with our final essay already if there wasn't this one gal who
1) is able to answer only one question when you ask her three, and that one very vaguely so that in order to get a real answer you have to ask for details
2) has troubles attending to group meetings and even informing us of her absence before the scheduled meeting has actually started
3) seems to think it's fine if she gets the same 12 credits from the course by googling some news headlines and practically just telling what's been on the news about our topic, as the rest of the group is spending their time searching and analyzing scientific articles, crafting theories, and using their previous knowledge to write a damn good paper (+ I was the one to search those damn headlines from Google myself after her because this one didn't bother to add her sources to our introductory presentation despite several requests. Lucky to see that they even existed)
4) needed to be told by others in our group what the course is even about last week - suggesting that she definitely hasn't read the course materials or really attended our online lectures, because well, the course has been going on since the end of August and the obligatory course reading has covered two whole books about the course topic this far.

Now she's "too busy" to start writing her share of the paper before 2 days prior to the deadline, which is a problem, because we should submit this together and we definitely have to fit the chapters to each other properly before submitting it - and she refuses to answer properly when asked when exactly is she going to hand out her share, so I guess she expects that we will just copy-paste it together during the last minute before deadline (no darling, I'm not agreeing to that).

Last week she was still very eager to start "working hard"... so eager that she actually proceeded to spam my private cell phone at 7am with text messages and phone calls suggesting that us two should decide about stuff by ourselves disregarding the rest of the group. Three kinds of polite "no" weren't an answer, she stopped only when I stopped responding.

Also this gal's not willing to write anything else but one chapter dealing with media recognition. First of all, everyone else has taken 2 chapters, so now there's one chapter without a writer, and second... Well I guess I know the contents of the said chapter already: it's gonna be a copy-paste of the headlines she used in our presentation.

Edit: Bible study came just in time. It's amazing how efficiently both the study itself and the chatting with friends afterwards calm me down when I'm stressed out.

---

Update:

We've now asked her three times about the deadlines and when/where is she going to actually hand out her piece for comments etc. Still no answer to those... instead she started blaming me for that she has not known what to work with because I didn't discuss it with her via phone, and that now it's my fault she doesn't have enough time.
Yeah... when she spammed me, I did tell her multiple times to bring her questions to the whole group because I am no one to decide about it alone. And as one of our group pointed out for her, "There were several opportunities to ask about what do you need to do if you had attended the group meetings we've had". (I'd also like to add that we've now tried to ask her about whether she'd be able to write that one chapter for a week. Among the other questions, that too has been presented only for her three times, with no answer.)

We kicked her out.

Let's just say I've had my share of people like this, but I definitely didn't expect to meet them at the law school. Or any kind of university level education.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Jesus.........Christ :eek: why just why, when I at end of my working hours I double checked my templates for any kind of changes and guess what, some of my works for insta are not correct pixels (I mean size) now I must fix them God.......why......:cautious: now......I hate to do reverse engine (I must rework all of my designs), OK I need to rest and see what I can do.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
An update to my two previous rants:

As I told here, we proceeded with our task without this member in question and informed them about it as well. One major factor to the decision was that they clearly informed us they won't be reading their email for a while, which pretty much sealed that we consider them impossible to work with as the deadline is next week and they don't respond to questions. Which we told to the professor in charge when we informed them about a change in our group size.

But guess what?
That member actually wrote a casual email to our professor today with general stuff about our essay, signing it with "on behalf of all", like nothing has changed. (So apparently they ARE reading their email.)

I guess this just emphasizes the fact our communication does not work, but at the same time I think I have all the reason to be thankful for people in my past, because they trained me pretty well to deal with e.g. talking with walls and pathological liars... just that I never thought that kind of people would actually get this far in their studies. :D

ATM I'm wondering if I'm starring a law school sitcom. Lol.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
ATM I'm wondering if I'm starring a law school sitcom. Lol.
You are, but if you wrote it down and made it an actual sitcom, you'd have people nitpicking how "unrealistic it is" because "who acts that way outside of high school?"

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
You are, but if you wrote it down and made it an actual sitcom, you'd have people nitpicking how "unrealistic it is" because "who acts that way outside of high school?"
Actually, and sadly, it didn't end here :rofl:
They finally realized we proceeded without them and told us they are not treated equally here and that they have contacted the university.

Well, we did as well - yesterday already. We are now having a "mediation meeting" with the prof tomorrow and I guess we are all three gonna say we are dropping the course if we don't get to work in peace already, we are so stressed out and already started working through the parts in the paper that were supposed to be written by the fourth one.

I'm pretty confident about it and laid back, because there is really no way to work with them any longer and as I assume our prof has some common sense, it's clear we get to continue without them. All our communication has happened by writing (as they have not taken part on group meetings...) so it's easy to prove the problems as well.

Well, like I said, I'm well trained for handling teenage drama with a physically adult person and pathological liars... If I was in any contact with those who trained me I guess I'd send them a Thank You flower bouquet for saving my studies this week :D

---

Friday edit:
So it seems they actually don't respond to our professor anymore either. We didn't have any mediation meeting and new dates have been suggested for Monday, but they haven't reacted to that either... (Well I guess I would also be a bit too ashamed to show my face in front of the prof ever again as we have already pointed out that they have actually lied to the professor lmao)
The good thing here is that as our professor is getting the silent treatment as well, we probably don't need to prove our point about them being impossible to communicate with any longer.

So I guess I can take it easy now. We've also got the paper in quite a good stage within the group of three. Just wrote a "Thank You" email for the two others, because I could not think in my wildest dreams for us to be this efficient! :geek:
Also, there are some key theories we have found together and they are so good that I will be really surprised if we get less than a 4 from this. (Grade scale 1-5.)

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
F*** this Mi 360 camera :cautious:....made in China (machine wash, cold only) :oops: and I wasted my time (3 hours almost):

1-for downloading Mi Home and creating account in site for an app.
2-network problem all time......:mad:whyyy just why.
3-all my problem is connecting camera to Wi-Fi network and I tried my best to try all of available networks in office or electronic shop (included mobile networks as Wi-Fi).
》in the end I decided to delete Mi account and the camera itself, what a nonsense way to connect a camera with barcode only and connection is only Wi-Fi.
confused-jackie-chan.jpg

sorry @Morgan I must borrow your meme.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Still on my previous rants: what? So now you want a mediation meeting? Well, the professor is willing to host one and it is not a problem for us... Just that we are actually currently proofreading our whole 1st draft. It's complete, it falls into the given assignment and is made to fit the length limits, so feel free to mediate with us to your heart's content, but I don't think anyone (including the professor) agrees to us deleting anything 4 days prior to deadline just in order to take you in. :cautious:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
For a while I don't like the carpet on the floor under my chair :confused:, the place which I work in is good and we started upgrading our furniture or buy some other things like plants to upgrade our office :sneaky: but the carpet...man everyone with carpet on the floor is OK except me, My chair gets stuck under it :rolleyes:.
This carpet is worse than Grandma's chair and the laundry can fix it (I mean the only option I can see).
young-cat-1268890_1280.jpg

me right now.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
*Black History Month Website Brands White People "Genetically Defective Mutants"*
Me: "Excuse you, I prefer the term 'Meta-Human'."

Ha, ha...you have to laugh at these things, otherwise the prospect of yet another government subsidised organisation being caught spouting racism would make you cry.

Goldsickle

I want to report a bug.

I had a headache, so I went to sleep it off.

But when I woke up, the headache was still there and got worse...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I want to report a bug.

I had a headache, so I went to sleep it off.

But when I woke up, the headache was still there and got worse...

Have you tried turning your brain on and off again and not just on the sleep mode?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I tried that before but I saw Jesus and Buddha before regaining consciousness.
It was scary, because I thought I was never gonna wake up.
Never trying that again.
Now listen there you little meanie, I was gonna help you and ask which OS do you use but because words "never gonna wake up - never" in a row instantly rickrolled me I am not willing to help you anymore :ROFL:

*whistles* never gonna give you up *sorry not sorry*

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Now listen there you little meanie, I was gonna help you and ask which OS do you use but because words "never gonna wake up - never" in a row instantly rickrolled me I am not willing to help you anymore :ROFL:

*whistles* never gonna give you up *sorry not sorry*
So a rickroll I see, how about that a cat send you with 17th century cannon send you to other side :ROFL::
somehow the video is now playable again...:oops:

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
You're saying that Goldsickle let you down and hurt you? :unsure:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
You're saying that Goldsickle let you down and hurt you? :unsure:
*throws Morgan with M. N. Shaw's International Law in full understanding of the fact it has twice the page count of HP and The Goblet of Fire*
You might want to check Crimes Against Humanity on that one.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
*throws Morgan with M. N. Shaw's International Law in full understanding of the fact it has twice the page count of HP and The Goblet of Fire*
You might want to check Crimes Against Humanity on that one.
*bonked*
Ow!
You just made me cry. :C I think I'll have to say goodbye.

Goldsickle

I wonder if I still have my Rick Astley cassette from back in 1988.
I used to vibe with Never Gonna Give You Up.

Top Bottom