• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm not very fond of physical touch or expressing emotions via hugs or caresses. Touching and hugging just feels too intimate for me, and especially hugging a friend or a relative just makes me uncomfortable. The only exception is, quite naturally, my spouse, and even in his case there are some restricted areas on my body that are not to be touched (e.g. my legs).

So it definitely didn't feel too good when a person just suddenly laid her hands on my stomach "to feel if the baby is kicking"...

I'm usually pretty ready to defend myself, but this person was someone who I deeply respect, who most likely just didn't think it through, and I couldn't come up with any way to stop her without hurting her feelings so I just stared at the nearest wall and tried to escape the situation mentally, without saying a word.
But now it has been several hours and damn, I feel filthy and exposed.

Just as a kind reminder for y'all: regardless of how much you like children, it's not your body. Hands off, ask first.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Honestly, it's like you become public property when you're pregnant. Or just fat in the wrong places :ROFL:

My current rant: if this is covid, can it just show up on the test once and for all? I'm getting sick and tired (no pun intended) of being ill with no real reason behind it. I need to go back to work, I need to get stuff done, I need to not feel like I've been run over by a truck made of cotton wool.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Honestly, it's like you become public property when you're pregnant.

Definitely :rolleyes: as a person who has an easily noticeable eye condition, and who has heard about it all through her school years, I am still not very confident with my body. And especially because I was really overweight for years*, I hate it when people stare at my abdomen. NOT TO EVEN MENTION someone just laying their hands on my stomach...

Oh, and some people also comment the size of my belly, which doesn't feel very nice either, but I can take it. After all, they're not saying I'm fat and ugly but being excited for the baby, so it's rather my problem than their problem.

* Not that I would be thin nowadays either, I'm still overweight, but not that bad. Lost a damn lot of excess fat after I started jogging last year and got rid of obsessional eating problems. Still proud of it! And I've got a post-labor training plan already :cool:

Get well soon. There were times when I was around 4-6 times per year in some kind of a flu or toncillitis or whatever, so I definitely recognize the frustration of not getting things done when you're sick. :/

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Off topic: I know this not good idea to post this kinda topics but.....what in the world is this...:eek:.....this is beyond any beast (I know any game comes with heavy DRM or bad code) this....is....killer queen of PCs that make your PC bites za dusto o_O, the dev is drunk on power for having too much messy codes (YanDev or Alex Mahan), I don't want any drama about the dev in forum, I see enough videos about this subject :confused:.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So, because our state-supported gambling monopoly got into a sh*tstorm after some ethical and moral scandals, the said gambling monopoly is no longer able to support the science, education and culture in my country.

When the government informed that they don't have money either and decided to cut funding from science, mainly from research grants and scholarships, I was furious. That was also why I abandoned the idea of proceeding in doctoral studies right after my graduation. With employment rate of 99 %, I can get easy money from getting a dayjob as a procurement lawyer, so if they are willing to make research this damn hard in Finland, so be it then.

But now they also informed that they will cut funding from libraries, museums, and performing arts. In the case of libraries, they will END THE WHOLE FUNDING of "less distributed literature" and "cultural magazines".

Which basically means that our government just decided to kill Literary Art and channel all the money to supporting Bulk Entertainment. As if Bulk Entertainers weren't already the only ones who can somewhat make money here by rewriting the same political thriller ten times, only with different characters. How sweet! :whistle: :cautious:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm getting real tired of the Seacole myth. It's like the Hydra, you think you've cut off the head only for two more to sprout up in its place.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So. As I mentioned elsewhere, mother died yesterday. No need to be sorry.

My rant is this: To this day, I've been planning to give up my right to inheritance right after her death so I don't need to participate in all the bureaucracy and paperwork.
But there's one thing I didn't think through: Now that I have a child, if I give up the inheritance, by law it goes to my daughter. Which causes even more paperwork because you know, she's 2 weeks old, and even though I know mom was in debt and there will be no assets to inherit, there would be an official trustee assigned to watch for her rights as a heiress until the estate is declared bankrupt.

*sigh* well, I'm just one thesis away from being a graduated lawyer. I can do this. Write this, sign that, it'll be like any other work project.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I need to not feel like I've been run over by a truck made of cotton wool.
I think you saw the wrong truck, the truck you saw had milk load :ROFL:.
045ba73de1dfea028ea833331be25765--hilarious-animals-funny-animal-pics.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Seen the cast for Wheel of Time.

It's like they read the books and just went "nope, can't have it that way" and cast so much diversity that it goes beyond wokeness and passes through to the other side entirely.

If a character is described a certain way, why can people not cope with that? There are sooooo many races and cultures within the series and just because the main group is largely white, it's suddenly unacceptable to stick to that.

And yes, this does matter. I'm sick of this stupid agenda permeating everything.

Certainly, some characters are up for interpretation. I'm not discounting that. But when someone is explicitly described in detail? Just go with it. It makes literally zero sense that a small village is suddenly awash with multiple races whereby even the parents don't match the children. Rand is the only noticeably different person in his village.

Game of Thrones was largely a white-fest and no one lost the plot over it. Why mess with a vastly superior fantasy series because...well...I have no idea why. It makes no sense. Stop smashing a square peg into a round hole and just follow the material.

Robert Jordan was meticulous in his creation and the lore that went with it. There's just no respect for original material anymore...

Tl;dr - I disagree with all the casting so far for Wheel of Time (including the white actors), and that must mean I'm a massive racist. Apparently.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Me last week:
"Yea it's a simple estate, all the assets are in the same location, net worth near zero and no surprise relatives - the estate inventory will be done in a week lol"

Me today:
"Now wait a second there dad WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY NEVER SHARED YOUR ASSETS AFTER YOUR DIVORCE IN 1998??! Hell yeah it needs to be done even though you say you thought it's fine as it is!"

Insert Hide The Pain Harold here...

Goldsickle

Mom's car got wrecked by some stupid driver who not only doesn't own the car he drives but lied about having the insurance to cover the damages.
He is currently pulling a disappearing act and my mom has to cover all the repair bills on her own.
I don't know much about Malaysian traffic laws for how my mom can get compensation for this.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Mom's car got wrecked by some stupid driver who not only doesn't own the car he drives but lied about having the insurance to cover the damages.
He is currently pulling a disappearing act and my mom has to cover all the repair bills on her own.
I don't know much about Malaysian traffic laws for how my mom can get compensation for this.
See if you have mandatory car insurances. In Finnish law they are mandatory (which means the car cannot be in traffic without one, and if it is, that's a crime and tracking down the driver is hence in the state's interest as well, making things probably a bit easier for you).

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
I kept this subject private for myself as a hobby for watching but now...sigh :confused:.....this idiot that has one song on YouTube is called I'm so gamer, long story short 《:sick:》 kinda controversial but he motioned DMC, Resident Evil and Silent Hill, I like this games but why :rolleyes:.
if he don't stop talking about subjects that people are have good memories from anything, they get angry at him, please don't abuse YouTube system or Twitter or whatever account this person has so leave him alone, one day he realize his mistake but until that day who knows what happens to his online presence :unsure:.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So now it hits me. Guilt.

Got her phone bill for the estate inventory and it sort of hints she's been trying to get my number when the child was born. Or the reason for those particular details in the bill can be anything else in the world. I could simply ask my father if mom knew the baby was born that day.
If the answer would be "Yes", and "Yes, she demanded to get your phone number", I could not bear that. It makes no sense, I know, but the thing hitting my head currently is "What if I killed her?"
What if her condition took a turn for the worse because I refused to talk to her even when her granddaughter was born?

Like, I didn't love her, but I didn't hate her either - I don't hate people, I don't have grudges against anyone. Regardless of what they've done or left undone in their lives. I just felt nothing at her, she was a stranger for me, and I have no reason to cause suffering for strangers either.

Narcissists are not emotionless. She had her self-centered reasons to reach for me, but failing to keep contact to her daughter felt bad for her anyway. I know there was no better options. Going no contact was for everyone's safety.
But still.

Goldsickle

Trying to find out about hot food (as in high temperature) causing heartburns.

But f***ing Google keeps giving me results about "hot food" (as in spicy ones).

What's the proper keyword for this????

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Trying to find out about hot food (as in high temperature) causing heartburns.

But f***ing Google keeps giving me results about "hot food" (as in spicy ones).

What's the proper keyword for this????
"acidic foods" or more simply, "foods that cause heartburn"
search engines are generally pretty stupid on their own and need to be told in straight/literal terms what to look for.

Goldsickle

"acidic foods" or more simply, "foods that cause heartburn"
But I'm specifically looking for "high temperature" kind of "hot".
Even if I were to use other keywords like "heat" and so on, they would give me results about the environment and climate affecting digestion...

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
But I'm specifically looking for "high temperature" kind of "hot".
Even if I were to use other keywords like "heat" and so on, they would give me results about the environment and climate affecting digestion...
But if you look at "foods that cause heartburn", you'll find a list of foods that cause heartburn including foods that are high-temperature-- if that's a common thing. But unfortunately for your prospective search results, the general consensus is that heartburn only comes from "high-fat" foods, "highly-acidic" foods, "fried" foods which are high in fat and basically fit into the first point, and sweets maybe.

Top Bottom