• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's getting hard. My body is screaming for that pill. Occasionally it feels like someone's digging my eyes out with a spoon. :rolleyes:

I expected something better from myself. Like, being stronger or something.

And hell no am I gonna take another prescription for that anytime soon. If it's this hard to get off the hook, it's really worth a careful consideration before starting all this again.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

7 hours

7 hours to untangle Christmas lights

7 hours to untangle Christmas lights that were brand new and I dropped them ONE TIME, thus somehow causing inexplicable tangling.

Very nearly rage quit, but glad I didn't because otherwise I wouldn't have a 7ft tree, festooned with 1000 multicoloured lights, so bright that they are visible from space.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
As VPN really is kinda slick when it comes to Youtube recommendations and targeted news feed, I thought it would also work in keeping my Tumblr clear from stuff I don't want to see.

But what did I expect from yet another company that lives from interaction, whether it is rage over woke stuff or Squid Game memes, which both seem to be more or less universally interesting according to the amount of crap on my dash.

Well, it didn't work in Facebook either. Should have known, but it's anyhow less of a problem because I don't use FB for much else than lockpicking stuff. So I had some hopes for Tumblr ghosting but well, da sozial media isn't made for antisocial potatoes like me :p

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Just why....I just want sell my old PC faster by using social media....God :mad:.....some people still in doubt that my old PC isn't good, people must trust to place or digital store that I gave my system and they still asking me some questions to find weakness in my PC, if they think my system is weak for them then they don't understand my PC can run DMC 5 with normal options or photoshop jobs :cautious:.
Update: As part of rant I think people deserve to know what I done with my old PC, I sold my PC to the Middle School (people from that school is same as Elementary that run the school), because they gave my life value and I miss my teachers or good friends from that period :cry: (good times), now the Middle School is happy about my hybrid PC :giggle: (half gaming and half serious jobs), and I'm sure no school in my town that kinda PC with my specification (I don't have any knowledge about my town schools, just saying as disclaimer :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

Goldsickle

"Because the creators said so"

"What the creators say is irrelevant"

You can't pick one or the other whenever it's convenient for you.
Pick one and stick with it.
Otherwise, you're a hypocrite who can't be taken seriously.

Gasoline Tank

OK. Resident Evil Village is pretty bland, but Maggie Robertson did a great job as Alcina Dimitrescu. There is no denying that the character has gained a following. However, the game in general has to be the absolute worst of the mainline RE games.

The Game Awards should be finished soon, and we will know soon enough what the 2021 Game of the Year is going to be. :)

I was happy to hear about the sequel to the hit horror type game, Alan Wake. But it's not due out until 2023. Damn it!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Did I mention that aside from having shaky hands when doing anything small (thus definitely damaging two fine RAM cards when trying to fix a laptop at the hacklab on Tuesday but oh well, they're carcass components anyway) I've got rid of the withdrawal crap?

And now I'm definitely not laying awake in my bed at 1:30 AM, bathing in my own sweat after having the worst nightmare ever, forcing my eyes to stay open because I'm not gonna sleep ever ever EVER again.

Okay it's probably not the withdrawals, it was just a nightmare.

Better to check on my daughter and make sure she's well and sleeping tight if I really wish to calm down. I'm having an interview about my suitability to missionary work tomorr... er, today and I guess it'd be great if I didn't look like I'm on cocaine. Or just having a hangover.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Sorry for double-posting. Advise needed.

I am not close with either of my brothers, to the extent that for majority of our lives we haven't been in contact at all and at some point at least my brother nor I knew if my step-brother was alive or not.
Now that our mother has died, I've been forced to contact them as I'm taking care of the legal hassle. My step-brother is still acting like a prick and seeking ways to fight with me, so I keep all the contact cold and professional and down to bare necessities. My full-blood brother instead... Well he's been fine. Done some big favors for me, like checking the assets at mother's apartment and taking care of emptying it since going there would be both hard to arrange and traumatic for me.

But now he seems to assume we'll be more in contact again. Like, after this asset hassle too. Which is fine. Last time we were in contact he threw some really awful insults at me for a reason that had nothing to do with me and he seems not to be sorry, but that's fine, I won't be digging that up. I've just decided to be a bit passive and careful with him - I know him well enough to be able to just say "talk to you another moment" if it looks like he's heating up. Or at least I hope so, I'm not gonna cry because of him ever again.

Buuuuuut he wants to see the baby as well. No problem, he's her uncle...
"Hey sis, have I told you I won't be taking vaccines? Like, no COVID vaxxes. Haven't got a single shot lol"
Gulp. This... is gonna be a problem.

Now you guys tell me how to inform him that no vaccinations means that I cannot allow him in our place? Preferably the way he doesn't explode. I don't want to hurt him and as for myself, I don't know how to react to this, but my husband said he doesn't want nonvaccinated people here and I will not challenge his decision.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Sorry for double-posting. Advise needed.

I am not close with either of my brothers, to the extent that for majority of our lives we haven't been in contact at all and at some point at least my brother nor I knew if my step-brother was alive or not.
Now that our mother has died, I've been forced to contact them as I'm taking care of the legal hassle. My step-brother is still acting like a prick and seeking ways to fight with me, so I keep all the contact cold and professional and down to bare necessities. My full-blood brother instead... Well he's been fine. Done some big favors for me, like checking the assets at mother's apartment and taking care of emptying it since going there would be both hard to arrange and traumatic for me.

But now he seems to assume we'll be more in contact again. Like, after this asset hassle too. Which is fine. Last time we were in contact he threw some really awful insults at me for a reason that had nothing to do with me and he seems not to be sorry, but that's fine, I won't be digging that up. I've just decided to be a bit passive and careful with him - I know him well enough to be able to just say "talk to you another moment" if it looks like he's heating up. Or at least I hope so, I'm not gonna cry because of him ever again.

"Hey sis, have I told you I won't be taking vaccines? Like, no COVID vaxxes. Haven't got a single shot lol"

Now you guys tell me how to inform him that no vaccinations means that I cannot allow him in our place? Preferably the way he doesn't explode. I don't want to hurt him and as for myself, I don't know how to react to this, but my husband said he doesn't want nonvaccinated people here and I will not challenge his decision.
I summon all mighty familiars to help @therogis for this serious matter.
CrazyDearGoshawk-max-1mb.gif

Goldsickle

Seriously, f*** that.

I'm still recovering from finding out people I talked to online coming out of the closet as antivaxxers and are calling anyone who follow procedures as "dumb sheep" or "showing obedience to their masters".
I'm fortunate that no one in my immediate family are antivaxxers and we all have our two doses, following mask and sanitation procedures properly.

I support the motion that your brother should never see the baby without both doses.
The problem with antivaxxers is that they're in some deluded state of mind where they truly think they are right and that you are to yield to his demands to not have him take the vaccination.
They will also think that their anger towards being "forced" to wear masks or be vaccinated are justified.

From your description, your brother doesn't seem to be a nice person from the start and things may get dicey when you tell him that he must be vaccinated to see your baby.
I'm sorry that I can't think of any "nice" way for you to tell him.
All I can say is that be prepared for some intense display of self-righteousness and over-entitlement from him.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
From your description, your brother doesn't seem to be a nice person from the start and things may get dicey when you tell him that he must be vaccinated to see your baby.
I'm sorry that I can't think of any "nice" way for you to tell him.
All I can say is that be prepared for some intense display of self-righteousness and over-entitlement from him.
Bold tags are mine.

We've had our troubles. We grew apart from each other and our world views are wholly different. The greatest obstacle between us seems to be that he quitted school as a teenager where I was a straight A+ student, and that nowadays he's a working middle class guy in a middle class environment where I am an academic scholar in an academic in-law-family. It's not about intelligence or anything (he's smart in certain ways I cannot even dream to be) but rather our family history: it seems like he somewhat thinks I'm a sort of a traitor.

It's hard to explain, so I'll tell you this: His reasons to quit school were similar traumatizing experiences to mine. But he lived with my father since he was 13 years old, where I was the one to be left as my mother's toy and dartboard until it nearly killed me. Still, I'm the one who got the best grades and got into university, even though by all the odds I should be either dead, on drugs, and/or in jail. It doesn't feel fair for him and I can't really say it's his fault. So on that background I'm a bit reluctant to state he's not a nice person even though he hasn't always been too nice to me.

I really don't wish to hurt him, but you're right saying there probably ain't a nice way to tell him this.[/I]

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
@therogis the only way I think don't harmed family relation is tell your brother wear his mask and take medication or vitamins related to corona because this pandemic is serious but he must talk to a doctor, hopefully this help (I hope he understand you without fighting).

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@therogis the only way I think don't harmed family relation is tell your brother wear his mask and take medication or vitamins related to corona because this pandemic is serious but he must talk to a doctor, hopefully this help (I hope he understand you without fighting).
I am not in a position to change his mind about covid vaccine or to tell him about the dangers of the disease :( I did try to tell him some scientific facts about it but other than that, I'll leave it on his personal judgment. The only problem for now is that he would like to see my daughter, and I cannot let that happen in this situation as long as he's nonvaccinated.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I am not in a position to change his mind about covid vaccine or to tell him about the dangers of the disease :( I did try to tell him some scientific facts about it but other than that, I'll leave it on his personal judgment. The only problem for now is that he would like to see my daughter, and I cannot let that happen in this situation as long as he's nonvaccinated.
Think of it this way:
You've been doing all that you can, including cutting off contact with people that were technically family, in order to protect your daughter.
I don't see any reason why you should stop now, and his feelings towards you and how you turned out compared to him (more successful despite your disadvantages) is entirely a Him problem. He can take that up with a therapist.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yeah, well. It seems there is no other way than to tell him "I'm sorry, but we don't feel comfortable with the thought of non-vaccinated people around our family. See you when the pandemic's over some day, OK?"
And if he lashes out on me, I'll just do as I did with my step-brother. Who indeed tried to pick up a fight with me by sending me a random email with nothing else than "You know, M is not your real father". (I didn't respond to that. Next time I contacted him it was purely professional: "Dear S, please find attached documents X and Y. Please sign them and send back to me as soon as possible..." He didn't try again lmao)

Goldsickle

I guess I should add "bloated mouse corpse" as one of the things I don't want to see near the front door as I am about to leave the house.

Not as bad as "bisected kitten corpse" but still...

Top Bottom