• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unused dialogue

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That's weird! It doesn't make sense in the game to be Kat...Maybe it's Lilith? Or Eva? They removed a lot of lines of dante concerned about Kat too...
I was just thinking it was Kat because it sounds like something she would say during the infiltration of Mundus' tower. So it could be Kat saying to Dante?:/ I thought Vergil because of the feelings they have for each other in the comic.

It would help if there was an actual audio file of lines being spoken.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Wow nice stuff was found ingame files on PC version. Sad that some dialogues are absent from game :(

White Angel

May these dialogues have been cutted because they would make nonsenses with the game?
I say this because a friend of mine has a big blog about DmC and it's very followed, well my point iss that she told me that a lot of her followers said that they don't (and she too) consider the comic canonical because of some incongruences they found...
I don't know but they explained me why and I think they're right..anyway I suppose we must wait for the Vergil's DLC to say if the book is canonical or not because in it there should be a sort of connection with the comic because Capcom said that it explanes the story of Vergil and why he became the man he is therefore....

I don't kno anyway, what do you think?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
May these dialogues have been cutted because they would make nonsenses with the game?

I don't think so. Much of these dialogues actually make more sense out of many things and might have even fleshed out the story in places it fell flat.

My best guess is that they realized this ammount of dialogue would have severly increased the cutscene time (more than there is already) and would have made the game too wordy, hence why much of them was cut or rewritten. For cutscene dialogue, at least. As for in-game, I guess they just didn't manage to record it due to deadlines for the sound department or something.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
THIS

IGV_1601=We'll meet up later, you know the plan. I'll be OK. I love you too.
That's Kat right?So at one point they were supposed to be together. That would have made Vergil so much worse when he lets her be taken by SWAT.

It makes me think of that scene on the phone. Notice how that bit of text is all in one bundle and doesn't have gaps for responses? It was all said in one go, and the only way you could've gotten is through some conversation where you're only hearing one side of it.

So wouldn't it makes sense that was Kat talking to Vergil on the phone about them all meeting up for the next mission to take out Bob, and that's why Dante says afterwards in that scene. "You guys seem tight, how'd you meet?"

Btw, I think I found some dialogue from Mundus's fight. There's some new ones in there, here and there. Mundus apparently spoke more about the angry of his losing his kid and saying about Vergil being dead.

IGV_1446=Dante - Do Something!
IGV_1447=Look there, inside, we've exposed him!
IGV_1448=Yeah, I see it.
IGV_1449=Avoid attacks, stay alive. Easy!
IGV_1450=Come on Vergil !
IGV_1451=Get a move on Vergil!
IGV_1452=AAARGH!! You!!! You killed my child!! Raaaa!
IGV_1453=Dante - I need help here - slow him down!
IGV_1455=Now Dante, get to the eye!
IGV_1456=We need to get in there, and kill him.
IGV_1457=Noooooooo!
IGV_1458=You killed my child, I killed your brother. Now we are even!
IGV_1459=AAAAGH! You... I'm gonna rip out your heart and eat iiiiiit!
IGV_1460=Vergil!!! I'm coming for you!!!
IGV_1461=Come on Dante!! You're next!!!
IGV_1462=Avoid Attacks, stay alive. Got it!
IGV_1464=Now Dante, get to the eye!!
IGV_1465=We need to get in there and kill him.
IGV_1466=He's reforming... How do we get inside?
IGV_1467=See that? There and there. He's exposed. That's where we hit him.
IGV_1468=Agreed.
IGV_1469=NOOOOOOO!
IGV_1470=AAAAGH!
IGV_1471=Munduuuuuus!!!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
IGV_1626=Dante
IGV_1627=your father betrayed me. He suffers for eternity. You will not suffer,
IGV_1628=You will die!

IGV_1585=Whatever has become of me, have no doubt; I would never abandon you. I love you very much. With all my heart.

I found these particulary interesting

Man Mundus was totally crazy in these lines... would be fun to hear that stuff ingame...

IGV_0800=Maggots! You are Maggots!
IGV_0801=You closed the Hell Gate. Now the world awakens to their suffering. They will rebel. Countless will die.
IGV_0802=Good. Now let's switch. I'll be the bait. You get his eye.
IGV_0803=Got it.
IGV_0804=Hey Mundus! I just kicked your ****in' ass!
IGV_0805=Oh ****!
IGV_0806=You are beaten. Like your traitor father before you.
IGV_0807=You are weak.
IGV_0808=Did you think closing the Hell Gate would be enough?
IGV_0809=Hahaha.
IGV_0810=I am god. I am endless. I am immortal.
IGV_0811=All Nephilim must die.

IGV_0821=Why was his body in there?
IGV_0823=Mundus is merged with his physical body. That's why he's protecting it!
IGV_0824=So if we kill his body...
IGV_0825=We kill Mundus!
IGV_0826=Woah, ****! You missed!
IGV_0827=Oh no! Vergil!
IGV_0828=Hahaha!
IGV_0829=What have you done to him?
IGV_0830=I have killed him, just like I killed your mother.
IGV_0831=****!
IGV_0832=I am Nephilim Mundus! I can kill you!
IGV_0833=I have slain an entire race of Nephilim, and you will be the last!

IGV_0836=Burn!
IGV_0837=That's for my mom!
IGV_0838=For Vergil!
IGV_0839=And for ****ing with me!

crush

Seeing the way he is more talkative.
It seems there were using that white smaller version of Mundus in this one.

Nick Thornton

So I was messing around with the text files in the Localization>INT folder of the PC version (I was able to get rid of all Tip messages during loading screens) when I decided to take a look at the one that contained all game's subtitles. To my surprise, they were a lot, lot of them. Then I scrolled down through it and then I began to realize something: a lot of the lines in there weren't even in the game!

For example, one of the most interesting exchanges I found was what seemed to be a dialogue after Kat is rescued where she explains how was she able to figure out a way to break in into Mundus' tower:

Which is a shame they didn't include cause it wouldn've filled a little plot hole left in there.
Among other examples that caught my eye were some lines spoken by an unknown character, possibly a news reporter, talking about and lamenting Bob Barbas' recent death, and also what seemed to be an alternate take on the dialogue between Dante and Succubus, where the later keeps trying to persaude the former into drinking her billis by telling him it'd make him feel good.

That's just a few of them. Most of them were also many one-liners from Dante that he would have muttered during gameplay and also some unused boss taunts too. I don't know if any audio files for those lines exist in the game files (I doubt it, tho), but it's kinda intriguing to see so much unused text dialogue still in the game files, which I'll guess they just forgot to remove or figured it'd be necessary at all.

Cheers for the post man, greatly appreciated

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I really wish they had kept some of these lines in as they add to a character's personality. There are ones in the club level where Lilith is being deluisonal about why Mundus wants her, and then her getting a bit insecure about it, also she's more harsh about Kat and one of her lines does say that Kat and Dante are a couple.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I knew that was the only way Kat could have gained recon on the tower, great to see it confirmed. I wonder why they cut that part out? The transition between the trade and Kat planning the tower invasion was strangely abrupt, that dialogue would have smoothed it out nicely. Plus this just before it:

CBV_0802=Who knows how many people dies out there, Hundreds of thousands...
CBV_0803=My decision, my cross to bear
CBV_0804=You have no right to decide the fate of so many
CBV_0805=I know it was extreme ok, I know there was a cost, but it worked
CBV_0806=Mundus acted impulsively, in anger, the hell gate is spent and Mundus with it, for the time being at least... but now is the time to strike

That's exactly the kind of brief confrontation I was expecting between Dante and Vergil after the trade, especially some mention about the lives lost. And they cut it. I'm really confused about this. All I can think of is time constraints, but they could have cut a lot of other stuff instead that didn't develop the plot or characterization or the overall story themes. Weird. But seriously awesome to read this and the rest of it. Thanks to OP for providing it.

AlchemistFromEden

I knew that was the only way Kat could have gained recon on the tower, great to see it confirmed. I wonder why they cut that part out? The transition between the trade and Kat planning the tower invasion was strangely abrupt, that dialogue would have smoothed it out nicely. Plus this just before it:

CBV_0802=Who knows how many people dies out there, Hundreds of thousands...
CBV_0803=My decision, my cross to bear
CBV_0804=You have no right to decide the fate of so many
CBV_0805=I know it was extreme ok, I know there was a cost, but it worked
CBV_0806=Mundus acted impulsively, in anger, the hell gate is spent and Mundus with it, for the time being at least... but now is the time to strike

That's exactly the kind of brief confrontation I was expecting between Dante and Vergil after the trade, especially some mention about the lives lost. And they cut it. I'm really confused about this. All I can think of is time constraints, but they could have cut a lot of other stuff instead that didn't develop the plot or characterization or the overall story themes. Weird. But seriously awesome to read this and the rest of it. Thanks to OP for providing it.
you people really shouldn't try pretending like this is the first game to cut dialogue, every game has streamlined dialogue to cutback on things like cost and that's the way its always been

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
you people really shouldn't try pretending like this is the first game to cut dialogue, every game has streamlined dialogue to cutback on things like cost and that's the way its always been

What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about DmC being the first piece of media to do this. Tons of movies have deleted scenes and alternate endings that seemed critical to the story, and I've been baffled by them being cut, too, especially when far less necessary or interesting scenes made it into the final product anyway.

I mean, honestly, which scene would you have preferred if you'd been the one choosing which to save for the sake of space and money: Mundus banging Lilith, or Dante, Vergil, and Kat having a few more minutes to expand their characters?

AlchemistFromEden

What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about DmC being the first piece of media to do this. Tons of movies have deleted scenes and alternate endings that seemed critical to the story, and I've been baffled by them being cut, too, especially when far less necessary or interesting scenes made it into the final product anyway.

I mean, honestly, which scene would you have preferred if you'd been the one choosing which to save for the sake of space and money: Mundus banging Lilith, or Dante, Vergil, and Kat having a few more minutes to expand their characters?
well it all depends on what tone they were going for, how would we have known that lilith was definitely pregnant by Mundus if they just implied it rather than blatantly showing it

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
well it all depends on what tone they were going for, how would we have known that lilith was definitely pregnant by Mundus if they just implied it rather than blatantly showing it

Because they already blatantly showed us they were a couple when she asked Mundus to bend her over, and that she really was pregnant when the baby was squirming in her womb. It's not like we needed a practical demonstration just in case someone thought the stork was behind it.

AlchemistFromEden

Because they already blatantly showed us they were a couple when she asked Mundus to bend her over, and that she really was pregnant when the baby was squirming in her womb. It's not like we needed a practical demonstration just in case someone thought the stork was behind it.
i'd go with that stork :troll:

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
IGV_1449=Avoid attacks, stay alive. Easy!
IGV_1455=Now Dante, get to the eye!
IGV_1456=We need to get in there, and kill him.
IGV_1462=Avoid Attacks, stay alive. Got it!
IGV_1464=Now Dante, get to the eye!!
IGV_1465=We need to get in there and kill him.

Thank the hoary hosts of Hades we didn't have to suffer through that much blatant tutorializing in the final battle.

Thanks game, I think i can work out that his glowing weakspots are glowing weakspots! I've only been hitting them for the last five hours!

Jump up on the Hydra's back, Dante!

IGV_0801=You closed the Hell Gate. Now the world awakens to their suffering. They will rebel. Countless will die.

I'm glad they removed this line though. We couldn't have any pesky moral ambiguity in our juvenile power fantasy, could we.

If we did we might have had to have Dante express some guilt over getting millions of muggles murdered.

AlchemistFromEden

I'd be scared as hell of any stork that could deliver that kind of baby.
just imagine the stork version of this
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom