• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil and Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Why do u think Vergil served Mundus?Was he brainwashed or did he do it for power? I have a few assumptions but i find them hard to believe myself.

First,Mundus defeated him & instead of killing him, offered him power in exchange of his services.But i don't think a proud man like him would do that.He's the one with "guts & honor".Besides,that scum is the one responsible for his mother's death.He'd try to kill him,he won't be his lapdog.

Second,Mundus tortured him after his defeat &brainwashed him somehow to do his bidding.But Vergil seems too tough for being broken like that.

Third,he willingly joined Mundus but inside he always tried to take revenge.So hedissappeared after the fight with dante and let Dante to finish Mundus off.The problem with this theory is why use Dante? He was pretty powerful himself!

Geez,I'm confused :\ Give me your views.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Re: Vergil & Mundus

Vergil served Mundus...............coz when Vergil is defeated.................Mundus make a deal.................if Vergil serve Mundus.....................Vergil wil have dark powers......................if Vergil deny............Mundus kill him for good

machindix

I think he was brain washed.
Vergil couldn't have served Mundus willingly. He's not the kind of person who'd succumb to someone who murdered his family, not even for power or revenge.
Besides, he didn't reconise Dante's face when he first appeared as Nelo Angelo (talk about forgetting one's own face...) and he couldn't even talk! All he does is sneer and groan and make incomprehensible noises. That can't be Vergil in his right mind, can it?

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

ya....................but Nelo Angelo (Vergil) knew that was Dante..........but he didnt talk...................coz Nelo Angelo has no Voice

machindix

d4rkn1ght;4585 said:
ya....................but Nelo Angelo (Vergil) knew that was Dante..........but he didnt talk...................coz Nelo Angelo has no Voice

If he really did reconise Dante, nothing's going to stop him from communicating if he has the mind to do it.
He can write... or use body language I suppose. (might look kind of funny though...XD)

And there's the head ache thing. It's like he's struggling for control over himself.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

machindix;4584 said:
I think he was brain washed.
Vergil couldn't have served Mundus willingly. He's not the kind of person who'd succumb to someone who murdered his family, not even for power or revenge.
Besides, he didn't reconise Dante's face when he first appeared as Nelo Angelo (talk about forgetting one's own face...) and he couldn't even talk! All he does is sneer and groan and make incomprehensible noises. That can't be Vergil in his right mind, can it?

Yeah, I agree.Vergil's being brainwashed makes more sense than willingly working for someone who got his mother killed.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Even Mundus has given powers to Vergil...............Vergil still Remember Dante............................the Sorcerer can give the powers....but the powers can do a Brainwash to the possesed

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

d4rkn1ght;4598 said:
Even Mundus has given powers to Vergil...............Vergil still Remember Dante............................the Sorcerer can give the powers....but the powers can do a Brainwash to the possesed

Um...what is that u r trying to say?o_O

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

i am trying to say that even Mundus could give powers to Vergil that cant do a Brainwash on Vergil

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

Oh.....but I don't think Mundus was interested in giving Vergil powers...my guess is he just overpowered him & used him against Dante....Vergil was just a helpless little thing as he was exhausted from the fall and his battle with Dante

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

u got that right.....................but Nelo Angelo was anxious to fight against Dante for a long time.............and he fought it........and he died

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

Well there was no deadbody....it seemed like he just teleported.....and he is a too interesting character to have such a boring death....

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

u are absolutaly right about it.................but Vergil Fought against Mundus in a Different chamber...........i guess

Death God

My own personal theory is that after he fought and lost to mundus, mundus forced power on to him in the form of nelo angelos demonic armor which if you notice in the game a pice of armor brakes off each time you beat him and when you defeat him for the last time he is freed from mundus' control but after losing to dante again he is weak and chooses not to make the same mistake twice thus he leaves his part of the amulet to dante so he can have the power to defeat mundus with the power of sparda.

machindix

Death God;4717 said:
My own personal theory is that after he fought and lost to mundus, mundus forced power on to him in the form of nelo angelos demonic armor which if you notice in the game a pice of armor brakes off each time you beat him and when you defeat him for the last time he is freed from mundus' control but after losing to dante again he is weak and chooses not to make the same mistake twice thus he leaves his part of the amulet to dante so he can have the power to defeat mundus with the power of sparda.

Hey, I never noticed the armor breaking off! I always get kind of dizzy after fighting Nelo (motion sickness maybe...) Anyway, I guess I'll go back and check.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

or Mundus has recreated Vergil to Forget the memories and to reach one Goal............kill Dante

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

Death God;4717 said:

Really?? Ididn't know thwt,thanks!And i agree with your theory

Toreador

Hunter of Darkness

my theory is that vergil battled mundus but in his weakend state was no match for him and he was probebly beaten into the ground and probebly inches from death but Mundus used his power to enslave vergil and darkend his soul turning him into nelo angelos and may have used his half of the amulet to bring the demons forth on the island and probebly also used vergil's memories to crea trish as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom