• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil and Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Re: Vergil & Mundus

Death God;4717 said:
My own personal theory is that after he fought and lost to mundus, mundus forced power on to him in the form of nelo angelos demonic armor which if you notice in the game a pice of armor brakes off each time you beat him and when you defeat him for the last time he is freed from mundus' control but after losing to dante again he is weak and chooses not to make the same mistake twice thus he leaves his part of the amulet to dante so he can have the power to defeat mundus with the power of sparda.

i knew that when i finished that by the first time

Vergil2006

d4rkn1ght;4667 said:
u got that right.....................but Nelo Angelo was anxious to fight against Dante for a long time.............and he fought it........and he died

I dont think Vergil died... I think after Mundus was defeated Vergil became free of Mundus's hold on him and he continued his life

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

My opinion is at the end of DMC3 Vergil fought mundus and lost in his weaken state so mundus killed him. Later mundus is ready to invade the human realm and remembers that it is proficied that mundus will lose if he has to face the son of sparda (i'm sure i heard that somewhere) so he decides to mind f**k with dante so he don't have to fight him. He creates Trish then reserects Vergil with Dark powers (possibly altering his mind in the process). Would explain why he looks so strange when he takes of his mask, cannot talk and has memory problams. Also the curropt Vergil in DMC3 looks a bit like a corpse.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Vergil2006;5082 said:
I dont think Vergil died... I think after Mundus was defeated Vergil became free of Mundus's hold on him and he continued his life

i am not talking about DMC3.............i am talking about DMC1..............but its ok...............i knew that the end of DMC3 anyway:lol:

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

ow soz i should have said that was aimed mainly at I love vergil's first post as how he ended up under the control of mundus:p

aoshi

According to me,
There would have been no show down between mundus and vergil.Vergil went with the intentions to fight mundus but did mundus want to abuse vergil is the question?
Vergil and mundus do not have any reason to fight besides the fact that his father had fought the demon earlier and vergil jus wanted to fight him.
Vergil is a son of sparda.he is not some puny ,mindless demon to jus keep fighting and jus give up when he cant fight anymore.There is a high possibility that if vergil could not defeat mundus ,he would have kept fighting and not let mundus get the best of him.And i am sure even mundus knows that.So mundus confronts vergil.*this is jus a theory.*
mundus knew he sought power and gave him the power or the armour.why does he have to force vergil into nelo angelo.Vergil can lose but not give up.He could have created nelo angelo from any one else jus like trish which is by force.But i will definitely disagree that vergil was forced to give up.Besides vergil was resource for mundus and he was using his powers without vergil's knowledge.All that vergil could think of was power at the end of DMC3 and mundus used this oppurtunity to use vergil and not force him.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

aoshi;6047 said:
According to me,
There would have been no show down between mundus and vergil.Vergil went with the intentions to fight mundus but did mundus want to abuse vergil is the question?
Vergil and mundus do not have any reason to fight besides the fact that his father had fought the demon earlier and vergil jus wanted to fight him.
Vergil is a son of sparda.he is not some puny ,mindless demon to jus keep fighting and jus give up when he cant fight anymore.There is a high possibility that if vergil could not defeat mundus ,he would have kept fighting and not let mundus get the best of him.And i am sure even mundus knows that.So mundus confronts vergil.*this is jus a theory.*
mundus knew he sought power and gave him the power or the armour.why does he have to force vergil into nelo angelo.Vergil can lose but not give up.He could have created nelo angelo from any one else jus like trish which is by force.But i will definitely disagree that vergil was forced to give up.Besides vergil was resource for mundus and he was using his powers without vergil's knowledge.All that vergil could think of was power at the end of DMC3 and mundus used this oppurtunity to use vergil and not force him.

I disagree,Mundus is a scum and he is the one who killed Vegil's mother.No matter how power hungry he is,he would not help Mundus in anything unless he's out of his mind

aoshi

There has been no reference to vergil's mother in Devil may cry 3.Vergil has been alone and has no feelings for his family until the end where he shows his love for his brother.
He wants power.And anyone who gets in the way was about to be killed in the game.Be it the brother dante himself.

I am not sayin that he hates his mother and family.He does not have feelings for them coz he did not share any moments with them.My point is that he is not the type of emotional guy who fights for love.he fought to gain the power of sparda.

And i did not mean he was helping mundus kill dante.He wanted power and if mundus got in his way he would kill him too and mundus knows that.If he could not finish mundus off he would not let mundus use him either .As i said earlier this was jus a theory.I too dont want to believe it .But atleast my theory does not say vergil gave in to mundus and that he lost without a fight.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

If I recall correctly Vergil went to fight Mundus after getting beaten by Dante. Vergil was visibly weakened by that encounter so I think Mundus beat him and brainwashed hime. After all Vergil is only half sparda.o_O

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

do u think so??....................he became a Blacknight.............not Darknight

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

Yeah and that's not all either. I don't think that Vergil's desire to attack Mundus was entirely selfish. Vergil wanted power but what for, in my opinion I think that Vergil wanted to protect what was left of his family from Mundus. In DMC3 he seems to regard Dante as young and foolish until the very end where he is forced to acknowledge his brother's growth. Now he thinks that his little brother can fight his own battles no matter how tough. The katana cut to Dante's hand at the end, I think, was to give Dante something to remember him by. He would also have wanted Mundus dead anyway for the loss of his family (Minus Dante) and his code of honour wouldn't have allowed him time to heal his injuries before approaching Mundus whilst he was still in sight. He tried to kill two birds with one stone, avenge his family and give Dante time to make it back to the human world without being blocked by the prince of darkness.
How's that for a theory:$

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Nelo Angelo II;7412 said:
Yeah and that's not all either. I don't think that Vergil's desire to attack Mundus was entirely selfish. Vergil wanted power but what for, in my opinion I think that Vergil wanted to protect what was left of his family from Mundus. In DMC3 he seems to regard Dante as young and foolish until the very end where he is forced to acknowledge his brother's growth. Now he thinks that his little brother can fight his own battles no matter how tough. The katana cut to Dante's hand at the end, I think, was to give Dante something to remember him by. He would also have wanted Mundus dead anyway for the loss of his family (Minus Dante) and his code of honour wouldn't have allowed him time to heal his injuries before approaching Mundus whilst he was still in sight. He tried to kill two birds with one stone, avenge his family and give Dante time to make it back to the human world without being blocked by the prince of darkness.
How's that for a theory:$

hhmmmm......................not bad
i cant tell my theory coz its almost midnight
but when Mundus killed Eva.................Vergil and Dante want to revenge...............Vergil was the first to fight against the Prince of Darkness...................he failed and Mundus gave hi Dark powers, then Dante went to Mallet Island to kill Mundus and he made it, not killing Mundus but send him to the Hell.......................but the Underworld evil Stills alive, and Dante will do anything to get his Pure Vengance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom