• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
KingJordan;6380 said:
One thing that wasily tells who's better. Beowulf. Who had serious trouble with him and couldn't even beat him? Dante. Who killed him in a matter of seconds? Vergil.

That should be, " in a matter of seconds and in one swipe.";)

Well, actually two swipes.=] But dang it, it looked like one.:wacko:

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Hey,Vegil is awesome ass-kicker but that doesn't mean Dante isn't one!When Dante foght Bewolf,it was strong and powerful,butby the time it got to Vergil,Dante had already given him a good beating as well as blinded him...plus,Dante could easily beat him if he didn't fly away...it isn't Dante's fault.:mad:

KingJordan

I be tippin' down
IloveVergil;6407 said:
Hey,Vegil is awesome ass-kicker but that doesn't mean Dante isn't one!When Dante foght Bewolf,it was strong and powerful,butby the time it got to Vergil,Dante had already given him a good beating as well as blinded him...plus,Dante could easily beat him if he didn't fly away...it isn't Dante's fault.:mad:

No doubt Dante is a great fighter, but Vergil takes it more serious, and he wants to be the best fighter. That's what seperates the 2. Vergil strides to be the best, and Dante could care less as long as there are hot chicks and pizza.:lol:

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
KingJordan;6427 said:
No doubt Dante is a great fighter, but Vergil takes it more serious, and he wants to be the best fighter. That's what seperates the 2. Vergil strides to be the best, and Dante could care less as long as there are hot chicks and pizza.:lol:

Now that doesn't sound half bad.:p

Danverg

Danverg
To me Vergil is stronger than Dante, even with "one kind" of gun and three swords. While Dante has 5 guns and 5 "swords" (Refering to DMCSE)

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
It depends on the time frame. IMO vergil was stronger until the end of dmc3. Then dante surpassed him. Even after vergil sided with Mundus dante was still stronger. If vergil had return to the human world with Dante instead of damning himself, then there would be no telling. Vergil strides for greatness. Dante sits around until something forces him to gain power. You cannot obtain without trying to achieve... Just my opinion. :p

Be Gone

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
Nelo Angelo II;6283 said:
I beg your pardon. Vergil may not have guns and he might not be acrobatic but he's both quicker and stronger than Dante. For a start his style allows him to teleport in and out of combat. His rapid slash gets more enemies than Dante's stinger. He can deal with enemies in seconds which would quite literally take Dante minutes. Oh and one more thing, to compensate for guns he uses spirit swords which can be flung at enemies or used as a defensive barrier, mid combo, Dante has to stop slashing to shoot but Vergil can use projectiles regardless. Although accurcy with these projectiles and he only has one style (good though it is) I think it's safe to say that Vergil wins over Dante in the warrior front.:mad:

WOW calm down there dude, that was just my opinion. And maybe I should rephrase what I said. At the end of DMC3 dante is the better fighter storywise (maybe not in gameplay), and I believe this because dante has beat vergil more times than vergil has been able to defeat him in return. 4-2 in Dantes favor I think, but correct me if I'm wrong.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
DarkSlayer;6648 said:
It depends on the time frame. IMO vergil was stronger until the end of dmc3. Then dante surpassed him. Even after vergil sided with Mundus dante was still stronger. If vergil had return to the human world with Dante instead of damning himself, then there would be no telling. Vergil strides for greatness. Dante sits around until something forces him to gain power. You cannot obtain without trying to achieve... Just my opinion. :p

Be Gone

to gain power must to aproach and the weapon will aprove if u are Strong /Demon or not

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
before meeting with Vergil u defeat 2 bosses with weapons (without counting Jester).................but in SE u defeat 3 bosses

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Captain Liberty;6670 said:
WOW calm down there dude, that was just my opinion. And maybe I should rephrase what I said. At the end of DMC3 dante is the better fighter storywise (maybe not in gameplay), and I believe this because dante has beat vergil more times than vergil has been able to defeat him in return. 4-2 in Dantes favor I think, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Fair enough I've counted the Dante V Vergil/ Nelo Angelo and you're right, however Vergil could have killed Dante during their first battles in DMC1 and DMC3 but he didn't. Perhaps because of time but maybe because of conscience. Also you know the way these games go, the protagonist always wins, so it's fixed but if Vergil had maintained his prowess after then he would have won hands down. Oh and in DMC3 alone the score is 1.5 each because no one wins the second duel. Also I think that Vergil was trying to die in DMC1 after the first fight because he saw Dante's amulet and part of his sub-concious realised what he had become but he wanted a good duel from his brother so that he could die honourably. Therefore freeing him from Mundus's service.
Just my opinion but there we go.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Nelo Angelo II;7367 said:
Fair enough I've counted the Dante V Vergil/ Nelo Angelo and you're right, however Vergil could have killed Dante during their first battles in DMC1 and DMC3 but he didn't. Perhaps because of time but maybe because of conscience. Also you know the way these games go, the protagonist always wins, so it's fixed but if Vergil had maintained his prowess after then he would have won hands down. Oh and in DMC3 alone the score is 1.5 each because no one wins the second duel. Also I think that Vergil was trying to die in DMC1 after the first fight because he saw Dante's amulet and part of his sub-concious realised what he had become but he wanted a good duel from his brother so that he could die honourably. Therefore freeing him from Mundus's service.
Just my opinion but there we go.

good guys win the bad guys....................thats the spot of the life and the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom