• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was I in the wrong?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I'm not trying to troll, or start a fan war or anything, this is a serious question.

I was on Deviantart and found a really cool picture of a rebooted version of Trish choking up new Dante.
dantetrish1_by_the_bitch_in_blue-d5u38ii.png

So I went to comment how nice it was and saw this post: It's bad enough being a fan of the pairing but please stop insulting your viewer's intelligence and trying to ruin even more of the original cast.

I didn't appreciate this, so I simply said two words to the guy: Be nice.

I got this reply: No way in hell. You can see this happening since you clearly don't give a damn about the real Devil May Cry and have terrible standards. We already have an angel assassin and her name is Bayonetta.

My question is, was I wrong to ask him to be nice? I can't respond to the person as they blocked me to keep me from responding.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No, but it's annoying for the artists when their comments section gets choked up with people arguing. Usually no point responding to people who would even make such a comment. Why bother, they are clearly intending to be an ass about their opinion.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
No, but it's annoying for the artists when their comments section gets choked up with people arguing. Usually no point responding to people who would even make such a comment. Why bother?

No, it wasn't the artist, (the awesome the-bitch-in-blue http://the-bitch-in-blue.deviantart.com/) who blocked me, but the person known as Playbox360, who blocked me from them after making the above comment,

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought that was what you meant, what I meant was, it just fuels their fire, so why give commenters like that attention.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Because people are idiots or asshats? Like why do they go onto DeviantArt BL groups only to declare they hate BL, etc. = trolling or just poor 'mouth control'.

I agree, but if you did that for every person doing it on DA you'd have a thankless, full-time job.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
You should make an effort not to get upset so readily, or people will prey on you for the lulz. If you need to open a thread in General so you can get positive reinforcement from the board every time someone is mean to you on the internet, you might be letting it get to you.

Maybe you should take a break TerrorA, I don't want you to burn out.

Top Bottom