• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"Assassin's Creed: Origins"

Oh Ubisoft, what have you done to a once great franchise. It's now merely a shadow of its former self. :frown:

? Since Origins, it's been more popular than ever, outside AC2 and Black Flag maybe. Far from the shadow of its former self, especially when you consider that it had been stagnating for a long time before Origins.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I despised alexios and the characters and plot of odyssey myself

I agree with lain, that's why I'm quite sceptical of Valhalla

Origins at least had something to do with the original plot

I miss the original baseline story of assassins versus templars, ever since they turned the game into a history sim with no more abstergo vs the order in modern day

It lost its main appeal for me

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
? Since Origins, it's been more popular than ever, outside AC2 and Black Flag maybe. Far from the shadow of its former self, especially when you consider that it had been stagnating for a long time before Origins.
I dropped out after Brotherhood and I was curious to see what became of the franchise and since Origins was on sale I figured I'd check back in on the franchise to see how it was doing and what do I find? A game without the soul the originals had. I had heard so many good things about Origins but it was just bad...so bad. And from I'm hearing Odyssey is even worse somehow.

As an aside, I also watched the trailer (plus devs commentary) for Valhalla and it's funny how even the historical tourism aspect they love so much has completely gone out the window for just another bland RPG series.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I had heard so many good things about Origins but it was just bad...so bad.

How? Combat finally got decent after years of broken, one-note "counterattack to win", better customization, stealth is still there, real side missions and side activities rather than minor, half-assed nuisances, historical tourism is still there as well.

Make no mistake, you might have a certain, kinda rosey view of AC because you dropped out early, but the series was not in a good place. It was getting as infamous as COD and Battlefield because of how samey every game was, with the only possible exception of Black Flag and that was largely because of the naval battles. Origins represented a much needed overhaul and quality boost to a franchise that was stagnating.

Goldsickle

Finished all the games on the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection.
It actually felt sad that I only managed to get a taste of these games more than a decade later.
Maybe that might be a good thing, since there were no checkpoints back then and I'll be forced to conform to the "limited lives" BS.

Generous checkpoints should be an absolute necessity in gaming.
Nobody should be forced to go through a long stretch of obstacles without being able to save in between.
That should be left for those who want to test their limits.

Limited lives should be abolished completely.
We're not playing coin-guzzling machines in arcades, so there's no reason for this "mechanic" to be emulated for console gaming.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and had a quick skirmish game on Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection last night.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Playing Clubhouse Games on the Switch. I was a big fan of the previous game on the DS and this is bigger, better and with even more games. :thumbsup:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Attempted to play Bloodborne for the second day in a row--managed like an hour each time before getting annoyed and turning off the console. Really not enjoying myself. Now playing some Sims to relax.

Top Bottom