• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So KDP has introduced the ability to create hardcovers...

...which means I've entered yet another circle of self-pub Hell. Dealing with cover malfunctions for all three books, and it's taking everything in me not to lose my mind.

If anyone is good with this kind of stuff and is willing to help, I'd be eternally grateful.

Please. I'm begging.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Installed Nioh cause it was given away on the Epic Store a while ago and what the hell, a free game is a free game.

It's a soulslike so I'll probably vomit within the first hour but apparently you can do combo mad stuff in this game so hopefully that'll alleviate the trash that this disgraceful subgenre comes with and offer me something to enjoy beyond the setting and art style.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Installed Nioh cause it was given away on the Epic Store a while ago and what the hell, a free game is a free game.

It's a soulslike so I'll probably vomit within the first hour but apparently you can do combo mad stuff in this game so hopefully that'll alleviate the trash that this disgraceful subgenre comes with and offer me something to enjoy beyond the setting and art style.
With heavy heart I must inform you that most of the bosses will kill you within three seconds if you try to beat them with combos. At least before getting enough skills... in which point a skill that takes 0.1 secs too long to execute will result to same three-second-death... :ROFL:

.. Except that now my husband showed me this video to convince me otherwise

and I guess I should shed a tear or two now because I use tonfa as 1st melee as well :eek: :LOL:
I'm still better than him lol

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
With heavy heart I must inform you that most of the bosses will kill you within three seconds if you try to beat them with combos.

Don't worry, I'm fully aware I'll need to slog through some considerable tedium before getting enough skills to go bananas with. But I don't really have another single player game to play so I'm willing to endure.

Speaking of tedium, I don't understand why soulslike games don't just have a checkpoint right before the bosses. You can run up to them ignoring enemies along the way anyway. It doesn't make the game harder, just more tedious (but then again, that's true for most soulslike mechanics) to play through, especially since you die in one shot most of the time which means that before you figure the boss out you're probably gonna spend more time running up to them than actually fighting them.

One positive thing I've got to say about the bosses is that at least they don't seem to be based around the bullcrap auto-targeting, gigantic hitbox attacks the regular enemies have. I've already lost count of how many times I've dodged out of the way and the dude just aimbots me dead by correcting the direction of the attack mid-animation, or the hitbox is so huge that I'm quite a few feet away but still get hit.
I'm not sure if that's poor programming or by design but in either case, gets me rolling my eyes.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Speaking of tedium, I don't understand why soulslike games don't just have a checkpoint right before the bosses. You can run up to them ignoring enemies along the way anyway. It doesn't make the game harder, just more tedious (but then again, that's true for most soulslike mechanics) to play through, especially since you die in one shot most of the time which means that before you figure the boss out you're probably gonna spend more time running up to them than actually fighting them.
It's only there to raise your blood pressure a bit. You know, just to make the game a bit more harder since it's obviously so damn easy.
[/low quality sarcasm]
There are some side missions though that have like one small beach to fight in. The shrine is right in the middle of it and you need to summon those enemies around you to get the mission running, so that's basically having a checkpoint right before the bosses. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

My husband wanted to point out that if you want to make it easy just acquire Sloth spell as soon as you can.
I probably have to tell him I'm chatting with a DMC player so he stops suggesting anything to make it easy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In the UK there is a separation between the working class and the middle class. Which is strange cause in the states those terms are interchangeable.

Maybe it's a generational thing? Christopher Eccleston grew up in the 60s while I'm a 90s kid.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

If you're having some chronic pain that just doesn't go away, please consider checking for cancer.

Delay that s*** for too long and you may be surprised with Stage 4 tumor crap on your body that could have been removed earlier.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sometimes I wonder if the Dursleys and Voldemort would have seen each other eye to eye in regard to Harry. Despite Voldemort's despise for muggles.

Who knows what an interaction between them would have been like.
I figured Moldybutt would just kill them but I could see him offering to pay them off for Harry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Russell T. Davies returns to showrun Doctor Who for the 60th anniversary and beyond.

I'm curious, excited and a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a new showrunner but maybe Davies can steer the ship after Chibnall and Moffat?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So I got issues with blood sugar on my last trimester as I've mentioned - it's common here and will most likely be gone after the baby is born, but I need to monitor it at home. Needed no medication for it because cutting down carbohydrates has kept it in control... Until now.
Tried to reduce carbs even more, didn't work, so I tried to just cut down my calorie intake. Resulting to even more problems and me being like "wtf is going on here".

So what I was told by a doctor now is that I am actually eating too little and my body starts to produce glucose to fix that and right now I'm really frustrated because HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW when is it rising because of too much carbohydrates and when do I need to just eat more, when too high energy intake can also cause that???

"You just have to try different things" well what do you think I've been doing doc, you've seen my notes about my meals which I wrote down just for you in hopes for any tips... :cautious:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Something I always wanted to know as a kid... Why the hell did Spiderman had a... beetle symbol on his back in the animated series rather than, you know, a spider?

vlcsnap-2021-04-23-20h00m57s463.jpg

Top Bottom