• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else liked Vergil better than Dante?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I've beaten DMD with Vergil but not Dante. I think that itself explains who I liked more.
I beaten it with both (not saying much, but I did it using only yellow orbs -- I never use the gold system).

... I also did it on turbo -- that's like it's own difficulty setting right there -- you have to execute certain combos faster, all while dodging faster enemies.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I beaten it with both (not saying much, but I did it using only yellow orbs -- I never use the gold system).

... I also did it on turbo -- that's like it's own difficulty setting right there -- you have to execute certain combos faster, all while dodging faster enemies.
I just dislike how Dante seems weaker than Vergil gameplay wise. I mean, Vergil can use summoned swords and devil arms at the same time, completely demolishing enemies and bosses. He also has an arguably better Beowulf moveset and Judgement Cut.

How can Dante top that?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
How can Dante top that?
WITH THE POWER OF HOPE.
powerogskull.gif

Seriously though... I think you have to understand everything that's at Dante's disposal. Combined with everything that Dante can use in DMC3, I honestly think that Vergil would be in for a serious challenge.

Also, Quicksilver.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
WITH THE POWER OF HOPE.
powerogskull.gif

Seriously though... I think you have to understand everything that's at Dante's disposal. Combined with everything that Dante can use in DMC3, I honestly think that Vergil would be in for a serious challenge.

Also, Quicksilver.
Quality over quantity. Everything Dante can do doesn't amount to much if he still can't be the powerhouse Vergil is. Maybe if the styles were on the fly like DMC4, I'd have more fun playing as Dante.

Why use Quicksilver when you can use DT instead. :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I didn't really like Vergil much. A very one-dimensional, selfish douchenozzle hellbent on gaining power (how original). His moves were slick, but I liked Dante's moves more.
Yeah, but the OP said "better than Dante" -- and even a pile of **** looks better in a tuxedo.

Also, I liked the fact that Dante was weaker. It made the game harder. More EXTREEEEME.

SOMEONE MAKE SURE MY COLLAR STAYS POPPED WHILE I TAP THIS BEER KEG.

Seriously though, I really liked the challenge.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Not Dante, but a billion times better than the new Vergil that's for sure.
A cool, collected warrior who is a badass and knows it with 3 extremely fun & challenging battles tops a bore filled with character development and a single predictable end game battle.

But I'd be all f**k yeah for a stand alone game featuring DMC3 Vergil instead of the talked about Sparda spin off, don't care about Sparda and don't want to care.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I prefer dante , vergil is more direct with killing dante is more stylish

In DMC3 dante can pull off way more moves esp with jc

In DMC4 with jc dante becomes a god

I prefer orig vergil over the reboot though and would love a standalone game for him but dante is the man and he becomes the true powerhouse as the series progressed.

If DMC5 ever happens and it is set after DMC2 then he will be a pure killing machine in raw power

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Vergil more powerful to plays as but Dante is way more fun. Personality wise i prefer Vergil but gameplay wise i like Dante more.
Same here.
*points at name*
However, I still prefer new Vergil above all else.
dmc-devil-may-cry-vergil-downfall-gameplay_bz9mz.jpg

Those scars, that facial expression, those moves... and that hair (all three styles of it).

And don't forget that killer mask.
316rjip.jpg

And he does it all without having to be some brooding Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited:
I started off as a Dante fan.I loved his fun and chill character combined with seriosity when the situation called.

In DMC3 even if some of his lines started to annoy me,by the end he became bearable to me,yet,I liked Vergil more,this might be my preference in terms of video games characters: the silent/cool type with high skills and combat methods who can easily finish off the enemies.

Vergil is one of my favourites in whatever form he comes in,even in the reboot,I started to have a kind of crush on him.
Of course,Dante is likeable for other personality traits too,since he has his human side more evident and the player can identify with him easier. :D

Top Bottom