• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else liked Vergil better than Dante?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Who knows, maybe he is a cliché character - I heard he is just like Sesshomaru. I wouldn't know, but I doubt you can just say they're clones in terms of personality. I think that if they were, the writers would get in legal trouble.

I don't know, to me it might actually be a tie. I liked DMC3 Dante's taunting and one-liners, but Vergil is just badass. He exudes badassery through the way he pronounces things and how he builds his sentences, and the best thing is, he doesn't need to say much to get his intentions/feelings across.

And that's the thing: his personality works very well as a contrast to Dante's. That was the whole point in DMC3, and it makes for nice writing. I certainly prefer old Vergil over new Vergil, if only because new Vergil seems almost like a copy of new Dante, and his personality doesn't interest me at all. He comes across as a hipster pretty boy. I don't even know what to do with him mentally - I seriously have no idea how to describe him. He doesn't seem very consistent as a character. Besides that, he's not really cool, and doesn't seem to try to be. That's fine if you wanted to create a realistic game, but with Devil May Cry, I expect characters that do their best to be cool... whether that's by being very powerful or witty or more. Because its story is nothing special, the game pretty much depends on its characters (and its gameplay).

Last edited:

DarkSlayer210

I liked Vergil more still do actually,in a sense he reminded me of myself(not the power hungry part though),he's cool,calm and collected which are personality traits I have...well more or less

Top Bottom