• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does everyone say that Lucifer is a good weapon?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly can't use it to save my life. It does piddly damage, and honestly it's only use is stunning enemies. Sure, there are some cool tricks you can learn with it, but I'm not patient enough to learn them. If I can't get the hang of it right away like I did with Rebellion and Gilgamesh, then I hate it. Call me stingy, but that's just me. Oh, and the Swordmaster moves for it SUCK ****.

Now please, by all means throw rotten food and maybe even your game discs as shuriken, but I will stand tall with my opinion until someone can give me a good reason to bring me down.

So, on a final note, WHY DO PEOPLE SAY IT'S A GOOD WEAPON?! I mean, it's a situational weapon at best. Seriously...

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I don't like it, either. I just like having Dante throw the rose (my first playthrough, I killed Agnus just by throwing the rose at him. I lol'd pretty damn hard at that). Although, I am pretty good at using it, but I'm patient to learn tricks with it. *shrugs* Personal preference, my friend.

aka958

Don't trust people
Damn... looks like I have to show you...

Killing berial with lucifer spam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwtlRAlpnjM&feature=related

Man not many videos with lucifer...
Anyways, I can kill echidna on DMD difficulty with only lucifer and handguns. I can kill agnus on DMD difficulty with only lucifer and coyote-A. I can kill berial on DMD difficulty with only lucifer and the guns. I can kill dagon on DMD difficulty with only lucifer.

I can kill about any boss with just lucifer, why don't you just try it out? All of you... You must give the weapon a chance before you can even say anything like, "it looks like it sucks".

I hated lucifer from the beginning but later I changed my mind after trying it out, I mean capcom wouldn't give out a pointless weapon without meaning.

Edit: I forgot to say, I can kill any boss with it, with ease.
Also, you haven't used it at all or you really can't use it at all if you think it does pinny damage DreadnoughtDT.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The only ever use Lucifer for killing bosses with the pin up spam and using this 1 combo on Scarecrows as it seems to be the only one that sticks a decent ammount of swords in an enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seK18u-fYNo

Other than that I think its rubbish.

Same with Gilgamesh, I only ever use it for kick 13 and the real impact. More often than not I will be kicking butt with Rebellion.

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Saying that the Lucifer is the hardest weapon to master would be more appropriate. It's true that it stuns enemy by piercing ridiculous amount of blades into them. But count for about 20-30 blade then throw the rose. You might be impressed. I only use it if surrounded by ridiculous amount of Scarecrows.

And who could forget how Dante introduces the 'usage' of Lucifer to us. xD

'Then I thrust it! With great force!' Lulz

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've never used it much either, I'm going to give it a go after reading a few things about it recently......I usually got irritated and go back to Rebellion.

Keaton

Premium
Lucifer is a broken weapon in Devil May Cry 4.
If you're looking to maximise Style and Time on the levels where Dante faces off against a boss...this is your weapon of choice.

Namely, Lucifers Pin-Up move is simply devastating to bosses.
The attack has wide attack radius and after the third set of Swords they will begin to explode. At this point your style and damage start to head through the roof.

On DMD mode bosses can take less than 30 seconds to defeat, if you abuse Devil Trigger (and also Royal Guard to prevent damage) bosses such as Bael, Agnus, Echnidna and Berial are simple.

While you can defeat bosses with other weapons, Lucifer is one of the few weapons that offer the simplest and easiest way to accomplish these feats.
Hence, broken.

There are PLENTY of YouTube videos out there, check them out...or better yet, try it yourself...PIN-UP ;)

EDIT: As for it being used in a non-broken context, Lucifer makes for a very useful filler weapon. In between attacks with Rebellion and Giglamesh; Lucifer can provide additional damage and also keep groups of enemies at bay and held back.

Also, it combos fantastically in the air (especially between Jump-Cancel Prop Shredder)! Plus, lest we forget, once you have three sets of Pin-Up laid, it does devastating damage to any enemy - also works well on Fausts and Mephistos! ^^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, that gives me an even better reason to not use it. I don't use broken weapons unless forced to be used, such as the Hyper Beam in Super Metroid. Now I know that Lucifer is, instead of being a crap weapon, is a broken one instead. Which IMHO is worse than being crap.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
well ,im going to try it for myself . if its not fun i'll go back to using gilgamesh.

the cutscene was really funny

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm with you DT. Lucifer ain't that great. If it doesn't bring the demon down or inflict damage within 2 seconds of using it, it's uber crap and useless.
Lucifer sucks.
Gilgamesh is :wub: but I'm more of a sword girl, so Rebellion is being put to GOOD use under my thumb(s).

Sparda™

Well, most of you guys still need to master It.

It's the best weapon, personally-speaking. Can stun, keep at
large and inflict massive damage If used perfectly.

Create a 360 degree barrier of swords and then switch to Rebellion - let the mass-slaughter begin. Switch back to Lucifer for defending yourself If surrounded and then back to Rebellion for the finishing moves.

If you use It with bosses, you will need to learn how to maneuver with Lucifer, cause It will backfire.

I prefer Swordmaster and Dark Slayer, and rarely Gunslinger. Not a player which likes to evade or block attacks.

aka958

Don't trust people
^ What Sparda said, couldn't put it in better words.

The things are awesome, no it is broken if you WANT it to be broken. It's not like it is used to be spammed all the time. I use it in between gilgamesh's (got tired of rebellion for a while) attacks when fighting normal enemies.
It is PERFECT to use against mephistos and fausts, get all 3 sets of pin-ups on the faust with swordmaster and use the rose, it'll help.
It is great to use against many enemies, even the swords that remain untouched on the field could be misstakenly picked up by the enemies.
Get some swords in a enemy and when they explode you'll get a moment to dash and attack.
Style bar gone crazy with them, pinny damage i don't care. If used right you'll end almost every fight with a Smokin' Sick Style on the corner of the screen.

off topic: Hahaha!
Epic win/40 ! So true.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's where the fault lies. I don't play DMC games for style. I play to win as fast as possible, legitimately. Any style bonuses I get are just that. Bonuses. If you saw me do a let's play of DMC 4, you'd see me use Gilgamesh the whole time through as Dante. There's just no comparison to the might of Gilgamesh, besides the other gauntlet weapons. (And Ifrit sucks too. It's too slow, and besides, I'd much rather choose lightning over fire. I even use Alastor to kill Plasmas, I like it so much.)

aka958

Don't trust people
It is also fast, you just can't see it, yet.
You know, whwn i buy a game i want to try out everything in it.
I start with liking one thing of it (Rebellion for example) then eventually i try out others (gilgamesh) until i finally decide to try those who i haven't played much at all (Lucifer and pandora).
If you just wanna kill enemies fast, i wonder what's the point? I thought it was about enjoying the game, sometimes i do it fast, sometimes i just spam recklessly and sometimes i wanna be stylish. If you wanna be fast all the time don't you grow tired of the game faster?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No. I'm one of those few people who NEVER get tired of ANY game they like. I could play through DMC4 on every difficulty on a single day and not be tired of it. :D

Sparda™

The point of Devil May Cry is playing It with style.

I suggest you give Lucifer some tries and practice with it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhh... I take back every bad thing I said about it! I was using it normally, I totally forgot about the Swordmaster moves! Lucifer kicks ass, but not as much as Rebellion or Gilgamesh. It's not the worst of Dante's weapons, mind you. That reward goes to E&I, simply because of the fact that they're only used to string combos.

On another note though, I'm not using Lucifer extensively. I'm using it more as crowd control than an actual weapon to do damage with. I don't want to use it to get cheap style or cheap kills. Call me crazy, but that's not fun in my eyes.

And on another note, I didn't mean the whole "I don't play for style" thing. That came out totally wrong. What I meant to say is "I don't play for style when I'm serious about playing".

Top Bottom