• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Vergil return?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How do you picture Vergil coming back in DMC5?

- What new outfits?
- What new weapons?

berto

I Saw the Devil
new outfits?
Really hope so. For them to not even have new outfits would be a most disappointing start. Hell, every Dante's had a completely different face, not to mention outfits, in every game. It'd make no sense to stick with the DMC4 getups after, what, 11 years. As it is I didn't like Dante's DMC4 look so I definitely want a new one, if you please. Vergil specially needs a new outfit. He's been wearing the same getup... well, he's only had the one getup since 2003. How about new wardrobe all around.

new weapons?
You can have a spear... according to rumors.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
202219328ebcc6345533d6bc592f57fa.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about his hair? Stay the same or change it a bit?

As for weapons? A polearm would be nice. Maybe a violin or a horn-type weapon in his arsenal since Nevan.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think for the most part people are going to want Vergil to look the same in DMC 5 as he did in, say, DMC 4: SE. His hair will probably stay the same, but for his actual outfit it’d be cool to see fragments of Nelo Angelo armour still shrouded around him (on his arms, legs) for example.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If they do choose to bring him back then I have a couple of conditions...

1) They need to explain how he's back alive and in the human realm. (No "He turned me into Nelo Angelo........I got better" plz)
2) They need to justify bringing him back into the story beyond just fanservice. Also some character development would be nice.

I know it might be asking a lot of Capcom, but if they can provide this then I'd be happy to see Vergil again. :thumbsup:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Lain ;

Well The Order did retrieve Yamato, and did have the whole ‘ascension ceremony’ thing going on. It might not be too far fetched to assume that they also recovered Vergil in whatever form he was in. Maybe they were hoping to resurrect him somehow but it didn’t happen, and Nero could be the key to all of this.

Anything would be better than just putting him there for the sake of him being there *cough* DMC 4: SE *cough*

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
If they do choose to bring him back then I have a couple of conditions...

1) They need to explain how he's back alive and in the human realm. (No "He turned me into Nelo Angelo........I got better" plz)
2) They need to justify bringing him back into the story beyond just fanservice. Also some character development would be nice.

I know it might be asking a lot of Capcom, but if they can provide this then I'd be happy to see Vergil again. :thumbsup:
Both are going to happen. I also think Sparda will have some kind of story in there. In DMC3, he wanted to meet his father and hardness the power of his own being, which actually came to being in the original DMC. In DMC4, the church tried to revive the likes of Sparda, but fails. I think that DMCV will converge both DMC3 > DMC with DMC4 and will reference a little bit of DmC: Devil May Cry (since some think it's a prequel), I also think there will be a calamity where you actually get to meet, and fight Sparda. Because no one has been able to find the true power of Sparda even if Arkham tried it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Collectible hats.
:greedy::eek:
Sombreros.
Fedoras.
Top Hats.
Beanies.
Bowlers.
Canadian Trooper.
Racoon.
Gondola.
Deerstalker.
Hunter.
Newsboy.
Travel.
Trilby.
Cowboy.
Baseball.
Mariachi.
Gaucho.
Construction.
Pork Pie.
French Beret.
Police.
Sailor.
Sea Captain.
Soldier.
Boater.
Pirate.
The ones those dudes who sing in Coney Island wear.
Grandma's Sunday DRESS HAT W/ MATCHING VAAAIIIILLLLL!
The Possibilities! Oh, my GOD, THE POSSIBILITIES!!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::vomit::woot::woot::woot::vomit::dead:

Last edited:

GörkemLegendaryDarkKnight

(?)

Please explain to me where in the OP does it mention DmC Vergil?

You have a right to your opinion, but your post literally contributes nothing to this thread in terms of discussion.
Hey man i just wanna say Dmc3 Vergil is good i want that maybe but DmC Vergil is not original Vergil i think there is something missing

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey man i just wanna say Dmc3 Vergil is good i want that maybe but DmC Vergil is not original Vergil i think there is something missing

That’s all well and good. And I do appreciate your opinion. I liked DmC Vergil myself, but he might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Anyways, we’re here to discuss Vergil from the original Devil May Cry series. So if you aren’t a fan of DmC Vergil (which is fine) then you won’t have to worry about that because original DMC Vergil will be in DMCV and that’s who and what we’re talking about.

Meg

I'd like to see Vergil playable as an extra character, but I don't know how I feel about him coming back into the story. This would be the first DMC game in 10-11 years; I don't want it to just retread old ground. Let's see Dante on a new adventure not tied down by previous story threads. Sure, explaining Nero's whole existence would be nice, but for the series return I kinda just want so simple, demon slaying goodness. Maybe leave Nero/Vergil story shenanigans for DMC6.

EDIT: That said! I think he'll look about the same. I don't know what kind of weapons he should have. Would he have Yamato?? Maybe dual swords would be cool? ball on chain? I definitely want to see some weapon types we haven't seen in DMC before. I really like Aquila in DmC, so if they want to bring something like that over into DMC5, that'd be awesome. I think Vergil would be well suited to lighter/faster weapons like that.

Top Bottom