• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Vergil return?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe if they did what Meg suggested with the story (go on a new adventure not related to the old games) but still did explain what happened to Vergil at the same time. I could live with that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was fond of him coming back as a ghost. It allows a different side of him to emerge because he doesnt have his strength to fall back on.

GörkemLegendaryDarkKnight

That’s all well and good. And I do appreciate your opinion. I liked DmC Vergil myself, but he might not be everyone’s cup of tea. Anyways, we’re here to discuss Vergil from the original Devil May Cry series. So if you aren’t a fan of DmC Vergil (which is fine) then you won’t have to worry about that because original DMC Vergil will be in DMCV and that’s who and what we’re talking about.
''So if you aren’t a fan of DmC Vergil (which is fine) then you won’t have to worry about that''???
i dont say that you say that Vergil is fine i think Dmc is not Dmc without Vergil DMC5 needs Dante Vergil Nero i think

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
When was this a thing?
Uhm. Have you been paying attention? From DMC, to DMC3.

Vergil in DMC WAS was supposed to be dead. We all know that DMC3 is the prequel, you (Dante) killed Vergil in DMC3. At least that's what we understand, he was thrown into the abyss of hell.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Vergil in DMC WAS supposed to be dead. We all know that DMC3 is the prequel, you (Dante) killed Vergil in DMC3. At least that's what we understand, he was thrown into the abyss of hell.
This... doesn't really answer my question though?

In 3 Vergil isn't killed by Dante, he's defeated and chooses to stay in the Demon World, where he encounters Mundus and is subsequently defeated and corrupted into the Nelo Angelo Dante fights in 1 and is finally killed, with his corpse being recovered by the Order who used them to create the Bianco and Alto Angelo's in 4.

Which brings me to my main point of if that figure in the trailer really is Vergil, then how did he miraculously come back to life? I am genuinely curious as if handled poorly then it could make the concept of death irrelevant and break any narrative tension.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
This... doesn't really answer my question though?

In 3 Vergil isn't killed by Dante, he's defeated and chooses to stay in the Demon World, where he encounters Mundus and is subsequently defeated and corrupted into the Nelo Angelo Dante fights in 1 and is finally killed, with his corpse being recovered by the Order who used them to create the Bianco and Alto Angelo's in 4.
Good enough. I do remember that, I thought that the ending of DMC3 showed Dante thrusting his sword into Vergil, and that's how I remember "he was killed." But the rest of your paragraph proves that Vergil was able to corrupt himself into different forms. In DMC3, Arkham was able to corrupt into Sparda for a brief few seconds, then tries to hardness the power of Sparda. In both stories, a Sparda lives, or the powers that once inhabits Sparda is still present. In DMC, you even meet a silhouette of Mundus in one of the final battles. In this battle, you are in an entirely different plane of existance. (I checked wikipedia to refresh my memory.)

So, if you can go to a different plane of existance, which I presume is the bridge between the demon world and the human world. I would say the angel world since the stage shows a few angel-like statues or silhouette - not sure which one, but I do remember wings in there.
Which brings me to my main point of if that figure in the trailer really is Vergil, then how did he miraculously come back to life? I am genuinely curious as if handled poorly then it could make the concept of death irrelevant and break any narrative tension.
If Vergil was locked into Hell on his choosing in DMC3, and in DMC, you fight a corrupted version of Vergil... There's a possibility that he could be alive somewhere in the storyline. I'm not quite sure if Nelo Angelo is actually the physical form of Vergil.

All of this should be explained in the new game. Seriously, the prequel is a good game, but it makes the timeline a little confusing. I'm even questioning whether Mundus is actually alive or dead. My bet is alive.

Veloran

No, no, Vergil is dead certainly. He most definitely will not show up in DMCV, I mean DMC5. Yeah, he won't be there, and we haven't already seen him.
69VLPr7.png

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd be ok with him picking up a scythe because it would fit his "grim reaper vibe".

In the leak he goes by V which is a rather unimaginative nickname and commands other demons to fight for him. I wasn't fond of the latter but it reminded me of how DmC Vergil uses his Doppelgangers.

PS. V could easily not be Vergil as they could throw in a red herring. Just a disclaimer.

I'm ok with him coming back but it depends on the how he comes back and what he does afterwards.

Last edited:

Methix

It is already confirmed 100% Vergil is returning, he is in the trailer he is the hooded figure taking neros arm here is the proofs.

can clearly see from there, that is Vergil for one it is the same cufflinks, and fingerless gloves same blue outfit although it is hard to see.

ALso in this video
start at 6:24 onwards u can see his gauntlets or w/.e its 100% vergil

VERGIL IS BACK!

Last edited:

DarkSlayer54

Nothing about DMC1 makes me think that Vergil ever died. Everything in that cutscene matches up with prior cutscenes where he flies away.

Personally, I hope they go with the direction that he's recovering from having been under Mundus's control. If he's a puppet again in this one, that'll be boring imo.

ShiningTempest

Uhm. Have you been paying attention? From DMC, to DMC3.

Vergil in DMC WAS was supposed to be dead. We all know that DMC3 is the prequel, you (Dante) killed Vergil in DMC3. At least that's what we understand, he was thrown into the abyss of hell.
Show me where he killed Vergil.
Go ahead.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
A part of me hopes that this is post-Nelo Angelo Vergil, I have a wild speculative theory that probably isn't going to be anywhere near true, but I think this would be really cool.

Basically, Vergil's soul doesn't exist in one place anymore. Most of it probably died with him in DMC1, but fragments of it might exist in Nero, Yamato, other memorabilia etc. I'd like to imagine vergil clawed back from the abyss of hell and is trying to reunite with the other parts of himself to finish business with dante, or make one last grab at that ultimate power he always wanted.

My only "evidence" for this is the way Nero reacted when he got ahold of Yamato. Like 2 fragments of Vergil reuniting and resonating with possible relative blood.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Would love for him to come back, would be cool if they gave him a redemption arc, or make him even more corrupted then ever before.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Another user on a comic book forum I frequent speculated V is DmC Dante but I'll do it better and say V is DmC Vergil.

:cool: mic drop boom.

#loopholes.
You know that is the exact same theory people had about DmC's story except they said Dante from DMC was going to show up from another dimension.

Last edited:
Top Bottom