• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's new look

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay so now that the new trailer has come out. We should discuss the elephant in the room; pretaining to Dante's new face in DMC5.
tumblr_pa4ozr4jV81s6fqh2o1_500.gif

Personally, I'm all for it. He looks darker and I'm all for darker stuff in Devil May Cry. I just wished he didn't look like Hank from Detroit Become Human.

tumblr_pa4t8x9NJt1ruq3cpo1_540.jpg

Plus I've wanted Dante to cut his hair down for years and he just grows it out to look like that shifty neighbor who blast Aerosmith and AC/DC all night while fixing his motorcycle up and drinking multiple cans of beer and Monster.

What do you guys think?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just wished he didn't look like Hank from Detroit Become Human
The actor's name is Clancy Brown. He plays a'holes and villains, mostly. Yeah, that's exactly what I said once I got a clear look at him. That tiny pic that leaked wasn't very clear but I was really hoping it was a fake so that Dante didn't look like that.

Anyway, I'm writing my thoughts on another thread. They include my thoughts on Dante.

GregaMan

>shifty neighbor who blast Aerosmith and AC/DC all night while fixing his motorcycle up and drinking multiple cans of beer and Monster.

I just wanted to chime in and say I HAVE THAT EXACT NEIGHBOR. That is absolutely eerie.

::Edit:: Just noticed I still have a "Developer" label, but I shouldn't! I can't change that on my end, can I?

Goldsickle

>shifty neighbor who blast Aerosmith and AC/DC all night while fixing his motorcycle up and drinking multiple cans of beer and Monster.

I just wanted to chime in and say I HAVE THAT EXACT NEIGHBOR. That is absolutely eerie.

::Edit:: Just noticed I still have a "Developer" label, but I shouldn't! I can't change that on my end, can I?
Welcome back, Gregaman =0

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
trying to build off his 4 design

To me it looks like they're building off of DMC2 rather than 4, really. Which is a plus, cause his DMC2 design was badass. My complaint is not about the hair or the beard but rather his facial features. He straight up looks ugly but for all I know it might be due to whatever expression he's trying to pull off there, so I kinda need to see him in a neutral pose/facial expression to really judge.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
To me it looks like they're building off of DMC2 rather than 4, really. Which is a plus, cause his DMC2 design was badass. My complaint is not about the hair or the beard but rather his facial features. He straight up looks ugly but for all I know it might be due to whatever expression he's trying to pull off there, so I kinda need to see him in a neutral pose/facial expression to really judge.

Yea I agree with this, he looks like a uglier and older DMC2 Dante, I would legit be fine with everything else if it where not for the fact that he just does not look like his typical "handsome" self anymore in the face area.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Indeed xD.

Dante has always been been once handsome devil though lol, I really want to see more of this since the first trailer most of the time does not alway reflect the finished product, just gotta see more of his look in action but sadly we did not get that because Nero took the entire spotlight which as a Dante fan hurt to be honest, I'm happy for a DMC5 reveal but was sad that Dante took the complete backseat for that reveal.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante has always been been once handsome devil though

Hmm, Nevan reference or just a coincidence?

But yeah, remember how his face looked in the first DMC4 teaser (the one where he hacks at the camera in an alley) compared to the final product? There's always hope. *patpats*

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hmm, Megan reference or just a coincidence?

But yeah, remember how his face looked in the first DMC4 teaser (then one where he hacks at the camera in an alley) compared to the final product? There's always hope. *patpats*

Yep definitely a reference, good on you for picking it up lol.

Yea there is hope, over all I'm not completely bummed or anything, I'm still excited we even have DMC5 in the first place, I'm just eager for them to show me more to dissipate some of my worries.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I think it may be because we only see Dante clearly from that one angle, he may look different in other shots. Also Dante appears to be pretty dirty like he's been fighting for a while, dirt on his face, tears in clothing etc, I'm fine with the look though.
Nero's look is also growing on me, he's nowhere near as hideous as Donte was.

But I'm just glad Classic Rebellion is back:
dtbdtb_by_wesker500-dce2m03.png

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Also if you watch the part of the trailer where Nero gets his Devil Bringer torn off, you'll notice when he's on the ground that he has a beard of his own, then in the next scene he's clean shaven.
dbbr_by_wesker500-dce2mnu.png
rgrggrg_by_wesker500-dce2mo3.png

Who's to say that won't happen with Dante?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Also if you watch the part of the trailer where Nero gets his Devil Bringer torn off, you'll notice when he's on the ground that he has a beard of his own, then in the next scene he's clean shaven.

Who's to say that won't happen with Dante?

My guess is Dante may "cleanup" at some point during the game, especially if this is before DMC2's story, he very well could go back to looking more like the classic Dante once he does this.

Top Bottom