• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's new look

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
perfect.. to be honest, everything in this game, well theme design and tone is how i wish dmc would go in direction, would say 'finally' this is the perfect dmc..

and for the first time, dmc looks and feels like a big n a properly treated title

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
THIS IS THE BEST DANTE HAS Looked a Buff Demon Hunter gonna take time to get used to the Skinnier Look
head.jpg

Last edited:

_Coby_

Okay so now that the new trailer has come out. We should discuss the elephant in the room; pretaining to Dante's new face in DMC5.
tumblr_pa4ozr4jV81s6fqh2o1_500.gif

Personally, I'm all for it. He looks darker and I'm all for darker stuff in Devil May Cry. I just wished he didn't look like Hank from Detroit Become Human.

tumblr_pa4t8x9NJt1ruq3cpo1_540.jpg

Plus I've wanted Dante to cut his hair down for years and he just grows it out to look like that shifty neighbor who blast Aerosmith and AC/DC all night while fixing his motorcycle up and drinking multiple cans of beer and Monster.

What do you guys think?

I think that he looks like a tramp and i don't like him.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I want Nero or Vergil to comment on Dante's appearance. Jokingly or not and maybe lead to Dante giving himself a quick shave in embarassment like "I thought I looked cool..." Maybe they'll include a shaver collectible like in Metal Gear Solid 2 and if you get it, Dante shaves himself and you unlock a costume for him.

Anyway, I'm okay with it. Seeing exactly what his outfit looks like from the front would help, but I wonder if they're trying to make Dante look more scruffy to contrast him from his dad and Vergil's clean, refined looks. If it's because he just came out of Hell, then it really works. Man, he must smell like sin if he spent a ton of time in Hell. I swear if we get an elevator scene with Dante and Vergil in this game and Vergil points out he smells like death.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Thinking about it now, I actually like that Dante doesn't look too bishonen. I like this tougher, grittier looking version of him that has him just wanting to get the job done. Plus since he DID just come out of hell, I don't expect him to care too much about his appearance. It's the apocalypse for gods sake, now's not the time to check on your hair lol

BoBo

Personally I'm lovin the new look. He looks seasoned and gritty, tho I'm almost sure the devs will redo his look until release and construct a more classic dante, so to speak.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well.
I thought I could never be more disappointed in Dante's revamp than I was with DmC.

I thought wrong.
Very, very wrong.

Although at this point Capcom knows what the fans want. So crossing fingers this was added just as a joke.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Also if you watch the part of the trailer where Nero gets his Devil Bringer torn off, you'll notice when he's on the ground that he has a beard of his own, then in the next scene he's clean shaven.
dbbr_by_wesker500-dce2mnu.png
rgrggrg_by_wesker500-dce2mo3.png

Who's to say that won't happen with Dante?
Nero's got peach fuzz. What is he, an infant? You know what kind of person has no facial hair.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Putting aside what people think of Dante's face, I'm baffled by the number of comments expressing so much surprise at the fact that he looks older.

I'm like, duh. His demonic blood grants him super powers but his human half makes it possible for him to age unlike pure demons. I don't get how anyone who proclaims themselves as fans of the series can act like Dante aging is some kind of news when that's been evident for years, just simply taking a look at how he changes from DMC3 to 4. And this game takes place 7 years after that one so I really don't understand where all this surprise comes from.

Top Bottom