• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's past....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Vampi;281941 said:
Vergil was still half human when he was Nelo Angelo, he was just brain washed and his devil powers were amplified. Also demons can be killed, especially the Twins and Sparda, its just really hard to kill them. And Vergil most likely is alive because Mundus himself said he was only defeated and when Nelo Angelo "burst into blue flames" we didn't see any body parts
But we did see the amulet who belongs to Vergil, I'm thinking since he drop his amulet than "burst into blue flames" then he migth be dead..

And in DMC4 Novel says that Vergil is no longer in this world..

Tony

Demonslayer
Zato-OW;281723 said:
I think I read that he was born from nothing in an icy land or something like that. It's in the DMC1 manual.
I just have the german manual, but there it says "The legend told, that there was born a wild Devils Prince on earth 2000 years ago, born in the darkest hole of the Underworld in a clear and icecold snownight" (translated word by word ^^") it is somehow cunfusing because it is "on earth" but "in the Underworld" as well..

Anyway there are no hints on the abilities of Devil Knights and Devil Princes and the difference of their mortality IF there is some.... so I think, that this hole thing about Sparda and the Demons was not ment to be analized in all details ^^

Of course they can die on earth, but IMO it makes no sense, that a demon can die in hell oO but maybe Mundus is the only creature that can kill a demon even in hell... dunno

But we did see the amulet who belongs to Vergil, I'm thinking since he drop his amulet than "burst into blue flames" then he migth be dead..
or it was his gift to Dante because he realized, that this was the only way Dante could defeat Mundus ;)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
The novels are out of sync though...their consistancy went out the window a long time ago. So really, anything can happen at this point. Dante is getting stale, I agree Nero wasn't necessary but it was something different than Dante.

I honestly don't see the DMC series going anywhere fast anytime soon.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Tony;281985 said:
or it was his gift to Dante because he realized, that this was the only way Dante could defeat Mundus ;)

Gift to Dante.. It seems correct..

Soo there is still hope that Vergil might be alive.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yes there might be a ray of hope that Vergil is still alive and kicking, but since there's a reboot anything pertaining to original canon won't be there. Dante's been reborn into an alternate reality...so in this game Vergil may or may not exist after all:O :(

^Yeah but that´s just your opinion, we don´t know yet if Dante is really in an alternate reality, i think we should wait for more info......

Dante7

Damn!
Well if Vergil was still alive will that make Dante will kill him again because Vergil wants the power

Tony

Demonslayer
I dont think, that they will reboot the backgroundstory as well.
The reboot is about reimaging Dante and the setting, the story of the game is about Dante becomes the Dante we know, "it is not a totaly different departure, it will fit in with most of what we know"
source
and source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom