• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's past....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Demonslayer
considering the fact, that Dante didn't made it to kill Mundus, the logical consequence had to be, that neither Sparda nor Vergil can be killed.
I think, that both are sealed somewhere in hell, waiting for Dante to save them ^_^

Credo... dunno if he was a real demon, or just an artificial created one, and if there is a difference between them...

Asmodaius

Darth Angelo;280636 said:
Where does it say he dissapeared again some manga?

Well, I can't find anywhere that states he's dead. I admit, I haven't read any manga or novel, I base my knowledge from the games and I can't recall that they've ever really told what happened with Sparda...

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yeah, I don't believe Demons truly "die" when they are defeated in the human realm, I believe they are sealed back into Hell. But uh...this brings something up about Vergil though.

If you apply the same rule about demons being sealed in Hell then Vergil might as well be there...but when he served Mundus was he still a half-breed or full fledged demon? If Mundus was able to seperate Vergil's human half from his Demon half then where could his human spirit be kept?

Tony

Demonslayer
when Vergil met Dante in DMC 1 he couldn't remember him untill the end of their first fight the moment when he saw Dantes Amulett his memory comes back and hurts him. It seemed to me, that his human part was still there but disabled somehow. I think, that the demonic influence of this place (hell) and of course of Mundus was to strong for his human part, so that his demon part took control over him

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yeah, I think so as well. Since Vergil was so obsessed with getting power his demon half would better his human half.

Sin Scythe

Blessed by Death
Premium
Just make him stop smoking.

I have many bad memories involving smoking, so much so even a fictional character can make me feel depressed.

Asmodaius

Sin Scythe;281547 said:
Just make him stop smoking.

I have many bad memories involving smoking, so much so even a fictional character can make me feel depressed.

No offense, but if that's the case... then perhaps you should seek out therapy.

I mean, come on. It's just a cigarette. It's not some hard drugs or anything. I'm not a smoker myself and find the habbit rather disgusting, however, it's just a character trait Dante has in DmC. It's not going to give people nightmares... unless maybe the health-freaks.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Asmodaius;281550 said:
No offense, but if that's the case... then perhaps you should seek out therapy.

I mean, come on. It's just a cigarette. It's not some hard drugs or anything. I'm not a smoker myself and find the habbit rather disgusting, however, it's just a character trait Dante has in DmC. It's not going to give people nightmares... unless maybe the health-freaks.

There are people out there who did or currently have a cigarette addiction that took over their life; and if Sin Scythe did have a serious problem with smoking, you shouldn't say it's not some "hard drug". It can be just as bad as anything else...I'm not going against you or anything Asmodaius, but I think you should take into consideration of how Sin Scythe might feel.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yeah, we've all heard the Sparda intro before...but there's just something that doesn't add up. He sealed the Underworld away, but in doing so, he was also sealed on the other side-more like his powers. Meaning, he technically isn't dead...but yet he is. Who knows, he might not be "alive" again for another 2000 years for all we know.

Zato-OW

King
Faustinasa;281595 said:
Yeah, we've all heard the Sparda intro before...but there's just something that doesn't add up. He sealed the Underworld away, but in doing so, he was also sealed on the other side-more like his powers. Meaning, he technically isn't dead...but yet he is. Who knows, he might not be "alive" again for another 2000 years for all we know.

The intro says that Sparda lived in the human world until his death. Sparda only sealed his "true form" in the Force-Edge in the Devils World. Only his power was sealed, not himself. I don't know how people can confuse that?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Zato-OW;281602 said:
The intro says that Sparda lived in the human world until his death. Sparda only sealed his "true form" in the Force-Edge in the Devils World. Only his power was sealed, not himself. I don't know how people can confuse that?

The DMC 3 intro said something differently. Sparda sealed away his powers because they were too great, but in doing so he was also sealed in the Underworld but it never mentioned his death-only the DMC 1 intro did. Or it was something similar to that in DMC 3...I could be wrong lol. That's why I believe some people don't agree that Sparda is truly dead.

Zato-OW

King
Faustinasa;281606 said:
The DMC 3 intro said something differently. Sparda sealed away his powers because they were too great, but in doing so he was also sealed in the Underworld but it never mentioned his death-only the DMC 1 intro did. Or it was something similar to that in DMC 3...I could be wrong lol. That's why I believe some people don't agree that Sparda is truly dead.

In DMC3, Lady says that Sparda sealed the Demon World but in doing so he also sealed his own power on the other side. The only difference between this and the DMC1 intro is that the DMC1 intro went further on about Sparda. The DMC3 intro was more focused on Dante and Vergil. People don't want him to be dead because hes "Sparda" but its too damn bad because he is dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THeWhqGkPx8

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I guess, but it's hard to say for sure...I believe Sparda is dead and to bring him back would only cause more problems. I don't mind if there is some info thrown into the mix but to bring him back from the "dead" would just cause uneeded chaos.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Zato-OW;281602 said:

You mean his power was sealed in Force-Edge?
And his body is gone/dead??

Tony

Demonslayer
Demons die in the human world, but after their dead, they are back in hell, and hell is the place where souls are banned in eternaty, they cannot die a second time because they are already dead.
So what I try to explain: if Mundus is able to come back after Dante defeated him, then Sparda should be able too... unless Dantes was not strong enough to kill Mundus.
But if this was the case, he was even not strong enough to kill Vergil.

Zato-OW

King
Tony;281679 said:
Demons die in the human world, but after their dead, they are back in hell, and hell is the place where souls are banned in eternaty, they cannot die a second time because they are already dead.
So what I try to explain: if Mundus is able to come back after Dante defeated him, then Sparda should be able too... unless Dantes was not strong enough to kill Mundus.
But if this was the case, he was even not strong enough to kill Vergil.

Mundus was resealed by Dante as Sparda did, probably because he cannot die. Mundus can't die because of who he is I guess. He is the "Prince Of Darkness" which probably gives him a certain status above other demons kinda like how Argosax was able to be killed due to his power being drained. I think I read that he was born from nothing in an icy land or something like that. It's in the DMC1 manual.

JPD

guys this is not vergil may cry, dante is the main character of the game, just because a lot of people love the anti hero just like with dragonball and vegeta, doesnt mean they r gonna focus the storyline on him

Vampi

JPD;281827 said:
guys this is not vergil may cry, dante is the main character of the game, just because a lot of people love the anti hero just like with dragonball and vegeta, doesnt mean they r gonna focus the storyline on him

It doesn't say Dante May Cry either. DMC is all about Sparda. Without Sparda in the equation, its not DMC.

Everyone makes it seem like Dante is the only son Sparda had. Vergil is the oldest and the most mysterious and has the most potential for a good storyline since pretty much we know all we need to know about Dante. That's why his character is getting stale and that's why there's this unnecessary Reboot and unnecessary character (Nero).

Unless Dante becomes overtaken by his demon side he'll lack depth. DMC 4 made it seem in the first trailers that Dante was going to his dark side, unfortunately Capcom didn't go with that and we're left with stupid jerk-face DMC 4 Dante with cliche wannabe DMC-3-Dante Nero.

Oh and for the other posts: Sparda is dead, Mundus is sealed for another 2000 years, Vergil was still half human when he was Nelo Angelo, he was just brain washed and his devil powers were amplified. Also demons can be killed, especially the Twins and Sparda, its just really hard to kill them. And Vergil most likely is alive because Mundus himself said he was only defeated and when Nelo Angelo "burst into blue flames" we didn't see any body parts. Besides, Nelo Angelo always looked that way when he teleported anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom