• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I do wonder if he'll be like Nero and stick to one weapon (if he uses one at all considering the demon summoning thing) or be like Dante and use multiple weapons in gameplay that you would presumably collect throughout the story. :cautious:

windleopard

it don't matter if a staff can be made as "cool" since it's not cool to begin with (huh, i'm starting a the debate on what's cool and what's not, you guys must've been bored with this) and devil may cry is built on cool, an electric guitar is considered cool for most. nunchaku is cool, two swords are cool, a huge shuriken is cool, huge swords are cool, gauntlets are cool; my fridge is cool

and V's appearance isn't made for staff (from a design perspective), so i'll stick with punch punch kick kick summon summon.. pew pew

A weapon is as cool as you make it. Numerous characters show how cool a staff can be. See Donatello, Robin and Sun Wukong to name a few.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Everyone's saying "V" is going to use a magic staff lol but really, i think he's going use hand to hand combat and magic spells mostly because he looks Gene from God Hand, like some Yakuza guy with tattoos ready to throw some hands. Also, a Beat'em'up type of character adds a lot more variety to the game which is predominately weapon based.

Though, i can see a little Rapier in the poster so idk, maybe that's his primary weapon? geez i hope not! Rapiers are weak and have a very very very short range. Never really enjoyed them as a weapon in any game.
A weapon is as cool as you make it. Numerous characters show how cool a staff can be. See Donatello, Robin and Sun Wukong to name a few.
LOL adding to that, sticks and other blunt weapons like Hammers&Maces were far more effective in real life combat than swords.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The main problem with Vitale being Dante and Lady's kid is well when was he born? and where was he during 4/anime?

He could be born after 4 but he'd be under 10 years old since Nero's probably under 30 in DMC5. Maybe he's using an aging spell like Alice from the manga?

He could be born before 4 but after the anime so maybe Morrison or Patty is taking care of him while Dante and Lady are in Fortuna?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
This just reminds me of how much I absolutely hate the Lucifer. Sticking explosive darts into enemies is probably the most boring weapon in the series so far for me, and its look is pretty bleh, too.

But eh, have faith! They tried to make Lucifer look cool, didn't they? I'm sure they could design a cool moveset for generic wizard junk.

god dammit jim! chaps and cowboy boots isn't cool either if that's the case, so were pandora.. i give up.. just - -no stave, and i don't think vitale will use stave, and guy don't match a stave wielder, or is it stave swinger? AVADA KEDAVRA!

hocus pocus staff man, a long thicker pencil like you would see in a trick show, not baton/pole type staff, i'm okay with those..

wait, wait, wait, wand is a stave too right?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I googled stave and its just a staff with a headpiece on it.

Im hoping Vitale has a couple different combat options besides just using a staff and using demons. The latter does give a wider range of variety for him to use.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Truth - I cringe every single time someone suggests a new character debuting in a new installment is related to other, existing characters. Every. Single. Time. Like, goddamn, not everything is as insular as it seems, and why would they be related to anyone in any way other than...well...because there are no other reasons for a character to exist I guess? It's almost as silly as when sequels follow the kids of the characters of the previous entries. Like...other people exist, with their own motivation separate from that of existing heroes who might have investment in seeing things through.

god dammit jim! chaps and cowboy boots isn't cool either if that's the case, so were pandora..

God, I hated that version of Dante, too; and Pandora? It was also...sorta janky. Man DMC4 really loses a lot of cool points with Dante.

And if I cared enough, I could put the effort into designing a magic staff for V that perfectly fits his character design. But...I don't care enough so...c'est la vie :cool:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Truth - I cringe every single time someone suggests a new character debuting in a new installment is related to other, existing characters. Every. Single. Time. Like, goddamn, not everything is as insular as it seems, and why would they be related to anyone in any way other than...well...because there are no other reasons for a character to exist I guess? It's almost as silly as when sequels follow the kids of the characters of the previous entries. Like...other people exist, with their own motivation separate from that of existing heroes who might have investment in seeing things through.
I feel you brother, but since we're already four games in it would feel kinda odd if they suddenly brought in a new demon hunter that's completely unrelated to Sparda/Mundus/Dante etc etc. I know that's the fault of the previous four games for not doing sufficient world-building and DMC 5 got the short end of the stick there. It's why I've always been so hesitant on the idea of bringing back Vergil as it would keep going back to that insular flow of storytelling.

It's why I've always considered 4's plot to be a missed opportunity to use Nero & the Order to bring in new elements and essentially soft reboot, but they threw it away by centring the whole thing back onto Sparda. :mad:

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Guys arguing about V's fighting style. If the second pic of the leaked game case (the pic with dante and the supossed beard), is anything to go by, it' possible it'll work as a medium to turn into some spiritual/summoned sword or what have you. Like Shaman King.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I feel you brother, but since we're already four games in it would feel kinda odd if they suddenly brought in a new demon hunter that's completely unrelated to Sparda/Mundus/Dante etc etc. I know that's the fault of the previous four games for not doing sufficient world-building and DMC 5 got the short end of the stick there. It's why I've always been so hesitant on the idea of bringing back Vergil as it would keep going back to that insular flow of storytelling.

It's why I've always considered 4's plot to be a missed opportunity to use Nero & the Order to bring in new elements and essentially soft reboot, but they threw it away by centring the whole thing back onto Sparda. :mad:

Eeeeeh Lady is a demon hunter unrelated to Sparda, and to an extent Fortuna's Holy Order of the Sword is inspired by Sparda to hunt demons as well...to the point of then becoming corrupted for the power demons posses, but y'know. Hell, DMC2's villain wanted no part of Sparda's power, nor was he an acolyte of Mundus, he had his own seemingly demonic goals. Despite Sparda being a crux for many, the fact that so many come out of the woodwork knowing about the occult, the doors are preeeetty open.

More than anything, I don't think they'd throw us another Son of a Son of Sparda when they got so much flak for the poor handling of Nero's lineage for the longest time.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Eeeeeh Lady is a demon hunter unrelated to Sparda,
Well, I grouped her in because of her indirect connection to Sparda thanks to being a descendant of the Maiden whom Sparda sacrificed to seal the Temen-Ni-Gru. But fair play since she was still a much needed breath of fresh air and easily the best part of 3 for me.

And in regards to antagonists yes, as much as we all give flak to DMC2, I will always sing its praises for trying something different in regards to its villains. Shame the execution couldn't have been better but what can you do.

But yes, I really hope that the new villain isn't Mundus as people have been theorising mainly for the reasons we discussed.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Given all the nods to the first light novel, I'm wondering if Dante's past as a mercenary is gonna be acknowledged. So much potential with that to the point were I wanna slap Bingo and Tameem's hands with a ruler and ask why didn' they use it? (half/sarcastic).

I'm hoping Vitale isn't related to Sparda but if he is, him being Dante's kid is my prefered option.

But I'm hoping he's the demi-fiend from SMT3 nocturne.

PS. I'm pretty sure he's just gonna be Vergil but I was wrong about Venom Snake so :cool:.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Given all the nods to the first light novel, I'm wondering if Dante's past as a mercenary is gonna be acknowledged. So much potential with that to the point were I wanna slap Bingo and Tameem's hands with a ruler and ask why didn' they use it? (half/sarcastic).

I'm hoping Vitale isn't related to Sparda but if he is, him being Dante's kid is my prefered option.

But I'm hoping he's the demi-fiend from SMT3 nocturne.

PS. I'm pretty sure he's just gonna be Vergil but I was wrong about Venom Snake so :cool:.
If he is Dantes and Ladys kid I wouldn't mind as I never understood when people ship Dante and Trish together since it came off as really wierd. I agree with the notion that the supporting cast of DMC always feat a bit to self contained like I'm pretty sure Dante and Vergil aren't the only half breeds out thier.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In the anime there was a demon named Brad that fell for a human named Julia so making Vitale their kid would be interesting.

DarkSlayerVergil

In the anime there was a demon named Brad that fell for a human named Julia so making Vitale their kid would be interesting.
True but I like the idea of Nero having a cousin and Dante and lady becominga thing even more:
images

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ugh, no romance involving Dante please. Nero being Vergil's son is already cringy enough.

Not everything has to turn into The Bold and the Beautiful.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
wasn't V already confirmed to have relation to Sparda? it was said "a young something something with the blood of sparda something something demon summoning as fighting style"

DarkSlayerVergil

Ugh, no romance involving Dante please. Nero being Vergil's son is already cringy enough.

Not everything has to turn into The Bold and the Beautiful.
I don't think anyone here is saying that they want a romance story and Vergil being Neros father is the best thing to happen to Vergil in terms of character imho.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Is the anime even canon anymore considering that they've completely revamped Morrison's character?
Its anyone's guess at this point. They've had allusions to the light novel way before Nico was revealed so maybe its still is.

@absolitude most articles about vitale dont mention a connection to sparda. But then again most articles about vitale are fan blogs than actual news.

@DarkSlayerVergil not really. DMC4 kept it vague and rushed through his origins to switch to Dante. The special edition confirmed it but was pretty meh.

Top Bottom