• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Nero’s robot arm is gonna have to be really strong if he wants to keep up with Vergil and Dante. I do like that this makes him more human in a way, as the Red Queen + robo-arm make it so his demonic power is kept somewhat in check.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't think anyone here is saying that they want a romance

You just said you'd love for Dante and Lady to become a thing.

Vergil being Neros father is the best thing to happen to Vergil in terms of character imho.

Well good for you then. In my opinion though, it screams cop out and cheapens both characters. I won't spend time on Vergil cause that's a vent for another thread but as for Nero, I remember my younger and more naive self playing DMC4 for the first time, having no idea that he was Vergil's son. Sure his DT phantom kinda reminded me of him but hearing Nero talking about when he got his arm after the first Agnus boss fight made me picture a completely different, and frankly imo much better reason for his power. I thought he had made some sort of "pact with the devil" to get the power he needed to better be able to protect his loved one Kyrie unbeknownst to the Order, which would also be why he was so afraid to show his arm in public.

Of course such a theory blew up when Sanctus spelled out loud that he had Sparda's blood in his veins, and there Capcom blew a golden opportunity to make Nero his own thing, unrelated to Sparda in any way and instead opted for the cheaper origin story. I'm not gonna lie, V might very much be in the same situation of having his potential as a character squandered like Nero did 10 years ago if they actually do opt for the son of Dante route. Granted, Dante and Lady does make a tiny bit more sense than Vergil and random woman, given that we already got history of awkward flirting in DMC3 and the little hints in the anime but I still don't like the idea and I want V to be his own thing, untied to Sparda's lineage. I want him to be the character Nero should have been.

Shadow-death

I do like that this makes him more human in a way, as the Red Queen + robo-arm make it so his demonic power is kept somewhat in check.

His blood is still with him. The demonic hand that kept Yamato was cut off. However, it is capable of throwing the demon very far away with one blow of the fist, which we see in the trailer.
From all this comes the question: is his power really under control? Or maybe it's quite the opposite, and his blood will finally awaken to the fullest.

UncannyGarlic

I wouldn't be surprised if Vergil is the villian and the V in the title of DMC5. We already had strong evidence that he is the one who ripped off Nero's arm and his coming back as a pure demon, his humanity having been slain, seems plausible. It would also make sense why he isn't one of the protagonists and I could see the writers having him kill the initial villian in DMC5 after they have nearly completed their ceremony to take over. Regardless of how they did it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vergil was the villian again. Depending on the plot, they also leave room for a Vergil DLC campaign.

@Foxtrot94 That's what I'm afraid of. I have a strong feeling that they are going to play to fan service too much at the cost of a more interesting story. I think with DmC, they are going to be conservative about anything too crazy new.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Is this some long-term plan of Vergil?

Shag a human girl, get a Sparda-powered son and then steal his powers for some greater goal.

DarkSlayerVergil

not really. DMC4 kept it vague and rushed through his origins to switch to Dante. The special edition confirmed it but was pretty meh.
I'm not talking about the quality of the reveal, just that in general we finally got something new about Vergils character that wasn't left up for interpretation.

You just said you'd love for Dante and Lady to become a thing.
Yeah I did but that doesn't mean I want a full blown love story to overshadow the games narrative just some small hints here and that points towards Dante and Marys relationship becoming more(they could simply reference it in a novel or something).

Well good for you then. In my opinion though, it screams cop out and cheapens both characters. I won't spend time on Vergil cause that's a vent for another thread but as for Nero, I remember my younger and more naive self playing DMC4 for the first time, having no idea that he was Vergil's son. Sure his DT phantom kinda reminded me of him but hearing Nero talking about when he got his arm after the first Agnus boss fight made me picture a completely different, and frankly imo much better reason for his power. I thought he had made some sort of "pact with the devil" to get the power he needed to better be able to protect his loved one Kyrie unbeknownst to the Order, which would also be why he was so afraid to show his arm in public.

Of course such a theory blew up when Sanctus spelled out loud that he had Sparda's blood in his veins, and there Capcom blew a golden opportunity to make Nero his own thing, unrelated to Sparda in any way and instead opted for the cheaper origin story. I'm not gonna lie, V might very much be in the same situation of having his potential as a character squandered like Nero did 10 years ago if they actually do opt for the son of Dante route. Granted, Dante and Lady does make a tiny bit more sense than Vergil and random woman, given that we already got history of awkward flirting in DMC3 and the little hints in the anime but I still don't like the idea and I want V to be his own thing, untied to Sparda's lineage. I want him to be the character Nero should have been.
Ok admittedly that is a decent complaint unlike the whole "Vergil too cool to lay with a woman" considering this is the same guy that idolizes his father who also laid with a human woman. I feel as though this shows Vergil has a vulnerable side to him and considering this takes place before 3 where he finally strengthen his resolve to go through with his plan while also cutting all mortal ties physical and emotional.

UncannyGarlic

It's also possible, what with the judeochristian symbolism, that V is the child of Lady without a father. In other words, the child of the virgin Mary. I'm going to be really annoyed if that's the case though.

I feel as though this shows Vergil has a vulnerable side to him and considering this takes place before 3 where he finally strengthen his resolve to go through with his plan while also cutting all mortal ties physical and emotional.
Had they developed that then surr, but they didn't. Instead it's really against character for Vergil to have had a human lover or one night stand with a human.

DarkSlayerVergil

It's also possible, what with the judeochristian symbolism, that V is the child of Lady without a father. In other words, the child of the virgin Mary. I'm going to be really annoyed if that's the case though.

Had they developed that then surr, but they didn't. Instead it's really against character for Vergil to have had a human lover or one night stand with a human.
How does it contradicts something that happened when said characterization wasn't even a possibly timeline wise. Also as I said before Vergil was trying to emulate Sparda, so I see no reason why Vergil wouldn't boink a human female out of vague attempt to understand his father. Vergil was willing to work with Arkham and didn't try to murderize Mary when she intervened in his fight against Dante which shows that while he may look down on humans for being weaker he doesn't out right despise them like people make him out to be.

DarkSlayer54

How does it contradicts something that happened when said characterization wasn't even a possibly timeline wise. Also as I said before Vergil was trying to emulate Sparda, so I see no reason why Vergil wouldn't boink a human female out of vague attempt to understand his father. Vergil was willing to work with Arkham and didn't try to murderize Mary when she intervened in his fight against Dante which shows that while he may look down on humans for being weaker he doesn't out right despise them like people make him out to be.

It's not odd for me either. Vergil is human just like anyone else, but he was just screwed up by his parent's deaths.

DarkSlayerVergil

Some more DMCV info:

(Best summarization I can give and some of this is stuff posters already cane up also this isn't a 100% confirmed):

• Nero, Dante, and V will be playable in different missions.
  • Nero will use a telephone to order upgrades from Nico while V and Dante will use divine statues
  • Alternate costumes are most likely making a return
  • V is actually a orphan that was taken In by Nicos family and wears tattoos similar to hers as a form of appreciation. He laters realizes he has a spiritual connection to the demon and as well uses a magical staff to summon demon, angels, and ghost to battle for him that he defeated previoulsy.
  • Vergil won't be playable at all.
  • Nero will eventually game yamato again.
  • A training room mode will be available.
For the most part this looks like what I expected. What about you guys?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Bummer about Vergil not being playable.

Not a fan of him being Nico's adopted brother.

lol about Nero's new upgrade system.

Curious about the training room.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Nero, Dante, and V will be playable in different missions.
Hmm...not sure how to feel about them bringing the Mission format back. :unsure:

V is actually a orphan that was taken In by Nicos family and wears tattoos similar to hers as a form of appreciation. He laters realizes he has a spiritual connection to the demon and as well uses a magical staff to summon demon, angels, and ghost to battle for him that he defeated previoulsy.
O-okay? That's a bit on the strange side. A "spiritual connection to a demon"? That's certainly new and bizarre, is it like Castlevania where he's the reincarnation of a demon lord or something?
Summoning demons is one thing, but angels and ghosts? Did we know ghosts were a thing previously in the DMC-verse?

Nero will eventually game yamato again.
This suggests to me that this is a swan song for Vergil (assuming his is in this game) if Nero just gets Yamato back again.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If that is true, V's playstyle will be hella interesting and could make for some sick looking **** indeed.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
V being in an orphanage poses a possibility of him being nero's twin. Guy must've been strong to have defeated demons, and i'll say special kind of demons instead of the lesser ones, couldn't picture him as pure human..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
That's all it takes for you to think he's Nero's twin? Where's his white hair?

i'm not thinking that, i only assure the possibilities of the speculations on that.. and the no white hair is a nod/homage to DmC (you guys remember DmC right? there was this game --nevermind), while the hair cut itself reminds me of nero 4, dad summons illusion swords, son summons demons angels ghosts.. i summoon tameem (you guys remember tameem right? there was this guy --nevermind)

sides, it's a better and sensible speculation than say, dante and lady son or SMT character..

fits the i have no name, and any hint in the vid, all he know is his dad's name, vergil, starts with a V, hence he keeps giving different name for what V stands for and that he choses V as a name..

btw, how was nero's origin? was he in an orphanage too?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
btw, how was nero's origin? was he in an orphanage too?
Yes, and if Nico is a daughter of Agnus, she is from Fortuna too, which can means V was adopted in Fortuna too. V can be Nero's fraternal twin, which means if even was even he was conceived at same time as Nero, he's not identical to him.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Don't believe that baseless statement from that random guy on YouTube. He literally pulled that stuff out of his bum, basically spreading misinformation. The devs have said nothing about Nico's parents, we don't know who her dad is.
I know. It's only speculation from our part. Anyway, V's tattoos are very different from Nico's and DMC never had angels before( Itsuno denied their existence in DMC universe).
Part of these rumours was rebuffed yesterday in 4 chan. The OP even said he saw a Smash trailer were Lady's was shown to be Dante's assistant character and so on.

Top Bottom