• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If I could of...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Every day I think about the choices I make. The things I say, and the things I do. And then I ponder on the things I could of said, and could of done.

So what was the last time you thought on something you said or did, and thought that if you could of done it differently you would of?

I'll start.

If I could of told you how irritating it was for me to ring the bell four times at work, to have you then decide to come and help me, I would of.

If I could of eaten those chicken things earlier, I would of.

Meg

Hm, actually I like to think that everything happens for a reason. There are many many MANY things I look back on and wonder what would have happened if I had done something differently, but I always decide that I wouldn't change even the worst experiences.

Although I do wish I had remembered my slippers. My feet are cold. :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Meg;297588 said:
Hm, actually I like to think that everything happens for a reason. There are many many MANY things I look back on and wonder what would have happened if I had done something differently, but I always decide that I wouldn't change even the worst experiences.

Although I do wish I had remembered my slippers. My feet are cold. :lol:

But surely everyone has regrets and things they would of changed if they could. Obviously everything happens for a reason. And things that happen are not always in our own control. But this is basically saying, if life had let me do this, I could of... *Insert your own words*

I appreciate your opinion. Just don't want to feel like once again, I've made another 'pointless' Thread *sigh* =/

Meg

I guess the reason I've no regrets is because I can always find something good that comes out of the bad. ^_^

Although I meant it when I said if I could go back in time and remember my slippers I would have. Cold hard floor is cold ;_;

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If I could of brought a new 360 by now, I would of.

If I could of changed the bad things I did, I would of by now.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I like to think everything happens for a reason as well. If my parents hadnt split up. I would never had gone to live with my dad in the city and then i never would have gone to my college and then i never would have met my fiance. And wouldnt be as happy as I am now.
However I do regret a few things, I regret the medication I was put on at age 7. I think that's why I can't sleep much during the day anymore. Cause now once I am up, I'm up. Even if I don't have my daily dose of caffenine. (which is usually moutain dew or some type of coffee)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason as well. If my dad accepted his father's wish of living up in the bush with him, I would've been raising a family of my own right now instead of going to school and having a life of my own.

Thankfully I am here though. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm firmly believing that everything is not happening for a reason but the ones you can come up with yourself and sometimes reasons being shared with others. Still, nothing but belief everywhere in my eyes.

I look back at everything I do in a day and think of what I could've done better. I always do it, it's part of my routine. Like for example...
Sorry but most of that stuff is private. Soz. ._.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Right, so once again another pointless Thread idea from LoD. Since everyone is so into agreeing that everything happens for a reason, and can't just take my topic seriously for a change.

If I could go back and not make this Thread, I would.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
If I knew that place where you worked didn't have a contact number I probably would have asked you out right there and then.

Then again I probably would have bottled it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Every single day for the last year and a half practically I have mulled over my choices of coming down here and trying to make a living doing what I do. Because it is very difficult at the moment to make a living this way, and there are the issues of making money to survive and the concessions that have had to be made for that, and what it is costing me and my partner in terms of our sanity.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If I could of gone back and not asked you out, I would of. It it comes back that you've done anything wrong to hurt me.

Meg

If I could have not lost track of time I would have. :lol:
If I could motivate myself to get up I would. :lol:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Personally, i think everything bad that happens to me, happens for the reason that I'm hated and not liked by anyone. Nothing good happens.

If i could have put those feelings aside, I may have been able to help you... and you wouldn't have suffered... I'm sorry :(

I gotta go and have a cry now...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LordOfDarkness;297618 said:
Right, so once again another pointless Thread idea from LoD. Since everyone is so into agreeing that everything happens for a reason, and can't just take my topic seriously for a change.

If I could go back and not make this Thread, I would.

Is it bad that I lol'd at this?

Well, for moi, I have a lot of IFs.

If I could of stuck to my guns five years ago and just told my then ex that no, I will not come visit you you dumbass, then I wouldn't have ended up pregnant by the end of my visit.

If I could of shut up about being pregnant and just going home and raise my baby myself, he never would have known any better, and I'd still be sponging on my dear parents. Probably still have a life as well.

If I could of moved the hell out when we broke up again, I wouldn't have ended up pregnant. AGAIN.

If I could of bliksemed (that's a bad word, btw) that dude over the back of the head with that tray at McDonalds like I wanted to that day, I probably would have felt a lot better for it. And I would have scratched the crap out of his stupid shiny little race car too. Twat.

If I could of been told to get my work published sooner, then I'd probably be published right now.

If I could of been motivated enough and not get blinded by a boy when I was in high school, like all my slutty friends, then I would be living alone in my own apartment and having my friends and family over regularly, and have all my time to myself.

That's all my 'ifs'. I can't actually say that I regret any of it, because else I wouldn't have two beautiful kids and be getting married early this year. BUT, I did consider those outcomes vs the consequences of going the opposite route at the time of those events. It's not like I got myself into something I didn't expect. I'm more of a live in the moment kind of person - if something comes my way and I have two or more options, I decide which route to take that would be best for me. It doesn't just happen. I make the choice.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i only do that if it was done to someone i care about (i.e. girl i like or someone i'd like to be close friends with).

i do it nonstop if it's something i regret. if i regret it it haunts me for years.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
If I could I would of had more confidence and instead of chasing after you for a year , I would of ask you out ..

If i could of wouldnt of eaten those bars of choclate at 9am this morning as its making me feel tired :lol:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I have no regrets... I always did what I wanted to because I was being true to myself, my beliefs. That vindicates almost everything I do. And the mistakes I made, I paid for them with plenty of pain over the years and I made amends in other ways.

I don't doubt that it's worth sticking it out here - because 1) I have no choice, and nowhere else to go... 2) I have to try and not be like the other people in family who just sat around doing nothing with their lives and have no ambition... 3) I HAVE to challenge myself. The pleasure and pain of that is my whole existence.

But how to explain that to someone else who can't feel the same way as me, in a way that satisfies them? I guess there is no way.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why do my Threads always get misinterpreted? It's not about regrets, it's basically just a funny little interesting way of hearing people saying 'If I could of'. You don't have to have regrets in life. But everyone wonders what may of happened if there was a different outcome to something. Everything does happen for a reason, but not always because we want that reason. We don't all control every single tiny thing, just because we want it to happen. Those things out of our own control, are the things I mean here.

If you could of done something, that you had no way of doing before, what would it be? It's not all about regrets.

Top Bottom