• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This be my conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurg

There is a lot to be said here so, don't be alarmed by the cluster-f*ck of text you are about to read(or not :p.)

I have been browsing the forums and it seems there are three groups so far.

1. The change acceptors, self explanatory.
2. The fence sitters, they wait till the game comes out to decide whether or not it will be a bad game.
3. The loyalists, they automatically don't like the game because it's really different from it's predecessors.

I belong to the second group. We won't know until more information arises or the game comes out.

I have a message to those in the third group:
DEAL WITH IT :D
It's not going to change, accept the fact that Dante is an "emo" as you all called him. IDK, he looks pretty cool to me.
Though it did make me mad that he is a smoker. Low and behold, this will make 12 year olds start smoking because the coolest person -ever- does it. But regardless he is still freaking bad ass.

Thoughts?

aka958

Don't trust people
Zurg;290789 said:
There is a lot to be said here so, don't be alarmed by the cluster-f*ck of text you are about to read(or not :p.)

I have been browsing the forums and it seems there are three groups so far.

1. The change acceptors, self explanatory.
2. The fence sitters, they wait till the game comes out to decide whether or not it will be a bad game.
3. The loyalists, they automatically don't like the game because it's really different from it's predecessors.

I belong to the second group. We won't know until more information arises or the game comes out.

It's not going to change, accept the fact that Dante is an "emo" as you all called him. IDK, he looks pretty cool to me.
Though it did make me mad that he is a smoker. Low and behold, this will make 12 year olds start smoking because the coolest person -ever- does it. But regardless he is still freaking bad ass.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are. Kind of rough grouping in there. Maybe if you could make a line of it would be better.

Like this:

1-----2-----3

Each number being each group. There are some who dislike it but not to the extent your putting, so they could be somewhere inbetween 2 and 3.

And there there is alot more than just that as well.

_____
Okay, everyone, I'm not meaning any offense in this post. NO OFFENSE. GET IT?

Zurg

aka958;290791 said:
My thoughts are. Kind of rough grouping in there. Maybe if you could make a line of it would be better.

Like this:

1-----2-----3

Each number being each group. There are some who dislike it but not to the extent your putting, so they could be somewhere inbetween 2 and 3.

And there there is alot more than just that as well.

_____
Okay, everyone, I'm not meaning any offense in this post. NO OFFENSE. GET IT?
My grouping worked as an "overall" sort of deal. There is of coarse going to be people between groups. (So your number grouping makes more sense.) And if you go to the actual Ninja Theory forums, the extremes are a lot worse. There are people just completely slamming and flaming Ninja Theory's work. (My reason for joing this website.)

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Definitely in group 2. If a game is fun, it's fun. If it's not, it's not. Simple as that, and some of the more extreme people in group 3 need to realize that. You can't judge a book by its cover.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm sorta hovering between group 1 and 2. I feel like a gutless flip flopper sometimes. XD

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Its not that I automatically dislike it cause its different from its predecessors, hell I was hyping DMC4 when Nero was announced. However, I cant play a game that makes me play as a strung out, dirty, beaten, anorexic kid, I just cant. I hate the game not cause of Ninja Theory (I like them somewhat) but the fact they made the worse design for a protagonist I've ever seen in life. He makes Kuja from FFIX look good. How the hell am I supposed to feel cool playing with this loser Donte?

This gameplay has to be totally the best gameplay ever in a DMC game to make me overlook Donte. They could of redesigned him without making him look like a queer.

moseslmpg

You forgot secret group 4: It isn't DMC, regardless of how good or bad the game is.

That's where I fall, and where I will remain until I see evidence to the contrary.

Also, group 5: proselytizers like yourself telling people to adopt another opinion, even while you don't fully understand the implications of their positions.

My thoughts? STFU and stop telling people to DEAL WITH IT in the non-committal way that you have done so. It is telling that you are focusing your criticism only on the group you call "loyalists," implying that it is the other groups are traitorous, which I would agree with.

The obligatory "no offense" is appended, of course.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
moseslmpg;290820 said:
Also, group 5: proselytizers like yourself telling people to adopt another opinion, even while you don't fully understand the implications of their positions.

My thoughts? STFU and stop telling people to DEAL WITH IT in the non-committal way that you have done so. It is telling that you are focusing your criticism only on the group you call "loyalists," implying that it is the other groups are traitorous, which I would agree with.
Agreed.

Zurg

moseslmpg;290820 said:
You forgot secret group 4: It isn't DMC, regardless of how good or bad the game is.

That's where I fall, and where I will remain until I see evidence to the contrary.

The obligatory "no offense" is appended, of course.
That was without a doubt not the purpose of this thread. I will say that there are people attempt to convince others, I do not fall to this category. When did I ever tell anyone to "adopt another opinion" :huh:

Anyways the purpose of this thread was to organize what I thought is going through people's minds.

Sorry...I take, everything, personally o_O:ninja:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
is there no end to it?

drama-llama.jpg

Meg

I want a drama llama!

Weeeell actually no I don't. Ether way its funny. :lol:

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;290820 said:
It isn't DMC, regardless of how good or bad the game is.

If it isn't DMC your ousting it because it's different from it's predecessors. Thats group 3.

Personally I pledge no loyalty to the consistancy (and I use that word extremely lightly) of the series. I am happy to give it a chance and watch it attempt to evolve. Thats group 1 I guess.

moseslmpg

Zurg;290874 said:
That was without a doubt not the purpose of this thread. I will say that there are people attempt to convince others, I do not fall to this category. When did I ever tell anyone to "adopt another opinion" :huh:
Zurg;290789 said:
Maybe the rules of the language changed overnight, but it does sound like you are telling people from your privileged position of lukewarm maybe fence sitting to move from group 3 to group 1 or 2. The implication being that rejecting DINO is not a valid way of "DEALing WITH IT," thus forcing your opinion onto others. If you want to do that, you are within your rights of course, but by the same token, others are within their rights to tell you to STFU and stop telling them how to act. This may not have been intentional, but it is an issue between the groups that is old and tired and just wants some rest.
Darth Angelo;290905 said:
If it isn't DMC your ousting it because it's different from it's predecessors. Thats group 3.
Nope, because it isn't DMC. All the positions he listed assume that one relates to it as if it is DMC, which I don't.. I think it could be a good game, but I haven't seen anything besides a logo and some Capcom logos to indicate it is DMC. I tend to judge things by their essence rather than their labels, whereas most people are just assuming the label equals essence in this case. If you slapped "DMC" on God of War and changed Kratos' name to "Dante," would it be DMC? I say no, maybe you say yes. If you want to be simplistic about it though, then yes, I am not a traitorous sycophant or a lukewarm ninny, although I don't fall precisely under the category of (presumably blind) loyalist.

Perhaps apathetic atavist is a better title.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;290970 said:
Nope, because it isn't DMC. All the positions he listed assume that one relates to it as if it is DMC, which I don't.. I think it could be a good game, but I haven't seen anything besides a logo and some Capcom logos to indicate it is DMC. I tend to judge things by their essence rather than their labels, whereas most people are just assuming the label equals essence in this case. If you slapped "DMC" on God of War and changed Kratos' name to "Dante," would it be DMC? I say no, maybe you say yes. If you want to be simplistic about it though, then yes, I am not a traitorous sycophant or a lukewarm ninny, although I don't fall precisely under the category of (presumably blind) loyalist.

Perhaps apathetic atavist is a better title.

Well I would feel that way but I have come to relate very little to what DMC has kept in terms of essence other than white hair and a sword of some kind. His personality has been flip-flopped time and again so has his appearence/style as has the style of the demons and the setting and the story is all over the place. It has always been based on juggling and combos but at this point we have 0 proof that those things have been taken out. All we have proof of is that his weapon has changed again and his hair is different. Or have you seen or read something I haven't? I'm not keeping up with it that closely.

aoshi

No new info on game is bothering me and is turning crowd restless is wat i think.Nothing can be judged from trailer less than 3 minutes. There is "asura's wrath" as well which i am eagerly waiting for more info. Peace out people - I don't think any conclusion can be drawn at the moment.

moseslmpg

Darth Angelo;290972 said:
Well I would feel that way but I have come to relate very little to what DMC has kept in terms of essence other than white hair and a sword of some kind. His personality has been flip-flopped time and again so has his appearence/style as has the style of the demons and the setting and the story is all over the place. It has always been based on juggling and combos but at this point we have 0 proof that those things have been taken out. All we have proof of is that his weapon has changed again and his hair is different. Or have you seen or read something I haven't? I'm not keeping up with it that closely.
I think that characterizing DINO as keeping with the series supposed inconsistency is just not honest. The fact is that the series itself did have some consistency, all being based on Sparda's story and connecting to each other with respect to characters, gameplay mechanics, or weapons. They were different chapters in the same book. DINO is a new book, whose synopsis so far reads nothing like the last book. And btw, the last book wasn't finished.

You are right that we have no proof that the thing which defined DMC (non-visually or in terms of setting) have been taken out, but by the same token we have almost negative evidence that they have been put in. Nothing in the trailer indicates that the gameplay will remain the same, and in fact, Dino's movement seems to indicate the contrary, that the game will be slower and less stylish than the other ones. To simply say that juggling enemies and combos is all DMC is about is to reduce it to a point of inanity, where a simple wireframe game could be a legitimate DMC game. In fact, by that logic, Bayonetta will probably be a better DMC game than DINO will.

Aoshi: Yeah, I thought Asura's Wrath looked very cool. I'm intrigued by the Buddhist symbolism used in it. And I'm not surprised that the protagonist has white hair. TBH, at this point, I feel like DMC may be obsolete because it is so far behind, and now it is so generic with DINO. We might as well just buy Bayonetta, Darksiders, Asura's Wrath, GOW3, NG3 etc. and be done with it.

Chrysander

Go for Bayonetta, it's pretty good. Darksider's combat is so basic it'll make you sick if you're used to DMC3. GOW3 isn't worth my time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom