• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what actor could play dante in a live action movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

inuygoku

I am curious to see what people have in mind because i know actors that have part of Dante's awesomeness but not all of it.

Ryan Reynolds is what i thought for a moment.

Phantomhive-Faerie

I hope no one shouts at me for this, but I think that Ian Sommerhalder would be good, because he has the same type of cheeky, evil grin, but so long as they didn't mess up the awesomeness that is Dante, then I wouldn't be too fussed on who would play him, there are a lot of good actors out there, but none would the best choice, I don't think it can be done XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Phantomhive-Faerie;244351 said:
I hope no one shouts at me for this, but I think that Ian Sommerhalder would be good

*shouts* *screams like a banshee* *total outraged fangirl response*

Reuben Langdon. JUST Reuben Langdon. Anybody else would change the character too much and then Dante won't be Dante and it will be yet another game-to-movie-convertion failure.
Just my opinion.

Sol_Warrior

Strawberry Sundae
Ryan Reynolds has the smart ass attitude, but not much else applicable to Dante. Ian Sommerhalder and Keanu Reeves, although they may have fit previous roles, simply could not fit this role. Dante is an extremely difficult character to cast properly.

But all in all, I think the best choice is being overlooked, right in front of our faces: Reuben Langdon. He has the looks down right off the bat, and has the attitude as well, seeing as he plays Dante's english voice. And the bad ass part should come to him naturally enough, with him already doing movie stunts.

Phantomhive-Faerie

Chloe_Ryder;244433 said:

Reuben Langdon. JUST Reuben Langdon. Anybody else would change the character too much and then Dante won't be Dante and it will be yet another game-to-movie-convertion failure.
Just my opinion.

>_< please forgive me T.T
Hmm, doesn't Reuben Langdon voice for Dante in the anime and games? I don't know what he looks like, so I wouldn't know about that.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Put Reuben for Vergil,Dante,Nero and Sparda and except for Dante have the respective voice actors do their voice-over thing.

Then we can all be happy.

Though I will say this : Some things better stay animated/CG...

*Remembers the horrors called Guyver LA,Fist of the North LA and Dragonball evolution*

As I was saying...

Chloe_Ryder;244433 said:

Just my opinion.

I think reuben langdon is :cool:

MrGore

I can't think of anyone simply cause I can't picture anyone with silver hair without looking super old, I think it's of those looks that don't work well on real people, but all in 3D animation like the FF movie

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
brad pitt hands down.

TylerDurden.jpg

neubula 2010

Phantomhive-Faerie;244351 said:
I hope no one shouts at me for this, but I think that Ian Sommerhalder would be good, because he has the same type of cheeky, evil grin, but so long as they didn't mess up the awesomeness that is Dante, then I wouldn't be too fussed on who would play him, there are a lot of good actors out there, but none would the best choice, I don't think it can be done XD

Yay!1 I wasn't the only one who thought Ian would be a good Dante!! :D Ian came up in my head first cuz' he has that seductive look all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom