• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Replaying Super Mario Bros 2 via Switch.

How did I complete this as a kid? I don't remember the game being this hard.
For further irony, this game was dolled up installment of Doki Doki Panic, because Miyamoto though the real SMB2 would be too hard for us Westerners. Plus, the sequel did not look that much different from the original in Japanese. Our SMB2 would become Super Mario Bros. USA in Japan. I played and beat the original NES version once, but my huge time sinks with the game was the GBA version. It's easier, but can still be challenging.

I finally beat Final Vendetta! I did it on Easy, but I do not care. Took me three tries total. The only difference is that you get less lives the harder the difficulty. Oh, and bosses get some more health, and you fight a few more enemies. The best way to handle enemies is to use the hidden hidden moves, the game does not tell you about. You have to figure it out all your own. Once you do, it's a matter of just using those moves and spamming them over and over about 95% of the time and getting the enemies into an air juggle. You could do the same the most bosses, those some have some tricky patterns. The best way to beat the stage 3 boss is to just wait for me to teleport do his little melee move then grab and suplex him over and over. It does the most damage to him. I beat the game with Duke. He's a black guy that's like a combination of Adam and Axel. I find him the most fun to use, cuz it's easy to pull off a majority of his juggle combos. While the final boss is different, he's nonsensical and is an overpowered ass. Like I said before, the game is only 6 stages long, and can be beaten about 25 to 27 minutes.

I made a mistake about certain unlocks and it's even dumber. This game's sense of replay value is dumb. Since I beat the game with Duke, I unlocked Survival mode. In order to be Boss Rush mode, I have to beat the game with Claire. Training mode is automatically unlocked no matter who you beat it with. Just why? I get wanting to experiment with other characters, but it doesn't add much. And like I mentioned a few posts to go, in order to unlock the hardest difficulty, you have to play hard mode with the strong but slow guy. I am so glad I decided not to buy a physical copy of this. A game like this though should have been charged no more than $7.99. Maybe $8.99 at worst. You want to play this game? Wait for a deep sale. This game is not bad, but there's not much content going for it afterward. There's no online play either. All you get is local co-op.

Goldsickle

For further irony, this game was dolled up installment of Doki Doki Panic, because Miyamoto though the real SMB2 would be too hard for us Westerners. Plus, the sequel did not look that much different from the original in Japanese. Our SMB2 would become Super Mario Bros. USA in Japan. I played and beat the original NES version once, but my huge time sinks with the game was the GBA version. It's easier, but can still be challenging.
I'm aware of the repurpose history of this title but what I was trying to say is that this game is pretty difficult.
I totally remembered playing it all by myself as a kid and totally got to the final boss Wart.
When playing on the Switch, I abused the "replay" or "saved states" to avoid losing a life but then I didn't have those several years ago.

It still makes me wonder how the heck did I beat it back then.
The same thing with Ninja Gaiden 3 for the NES.
I swear I beat it all by myself but looking back at the YouTube walkthroughs makes wonder if it was a false memory.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It still makes me wonder how the heck did I beat it back then.
The same thing with Ninja Gaiden 3 for the NES.
I swear I beat it all by myself but looking back at the YouTube walkthroughs makes wonder if it was a false memory.
You have more free time and better reflexes. I can't speak for your memory, but if you beat it at one point, you beat it. No one can take that away from you.

I'm amazed at how many hard games I beat myself. Though a lot I really don't want to go back to because of patience, poor game design, or both. I only play & enjoy what makes me happy. I'm not going to go for constantly frustrating games, that rely on fake difficulty, or go too hard on the old school mentalities.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I beat Final Vendetta on Hard mode with Claire. Like I said before, the enemies get really overpowered on hard mode and they just throw too many at you in the last section of the game. In co-op, it might be manageable, but it's hard depending on who you're playing during a single player. Claire has it the worst because she's the weakest of the trio. I had to use two different cheat codes. I died during the middle of the sixth level, and used the cheat code. Another cheat code had to be done so I can have the achievements with the cheat code. Worth it.

They're coming out with an update that allows continues and a casual difficulty. The update also makes enemies less overpowered, and give the player more invincibility frames. Or allows you to block when you're turning. Why didn't they just have that stuff in the game to begin with? I don't know when the update is coming out, but I'll be more inclined to play it when it does. I finally unlocked Boss Rush mode. I'll try playing Miller later. I am done for now on this game.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - I went over to my bro's place we co-opped through the whole game. We had so much fun playing. Next time, we will try and do six players via online.

Capcom Fighting Collection - We also did a couple rounds of Hyper Street Fighter Ann. Ed., and Vampire Savior. Big bro got in a couple wins on me, but I landed the majority of the wins. Fun times! These gams have aged beautifully! Sometimes it's cool to let the intros rock. Especially for the later Darkstalkers games and Red Earth.

Goldsickle

Was playing Prey (2017) when the R2 trigger on my Dualshock 4 started firing off on its own even when I'm not pressing it down.
I can clean the controller on my own but the screws are too rusted, stripped and stuck to be removed.
Not sure if I can send this to the nearby Sony center for screw replacement.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Decided to try out ghostwire tokyo
How do you like it? I've put in a handful of hours and I like it, despite it not really being anything special. I stopped playing it, mostly due to my hand strain/pain I've started to develop recently when using kb/m for games. :cry:

As for me, my current backlog rotation is:
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Mega Man X5
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Norco
- FAR: Changing Tides
- Cuphead: The DLC

non-backlog games I'm playing:
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina
- Vampire Savior
- Skater XL
- Fall Guys

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
EW2 - Chapters 3 and 4 are done. I am currently on Chapter 5, and I've beaten the first boss fight of the chapter. There's another one that comes up soon. It's odd in a survival horror game, where the boss fight literally happens at the beginning of the chapter. Makes the game unique. If you have been upgrading Sebastian's weapons at least a few times, the boss fights actually not that hard. It's way past my bedtime, so I'm calling it done for now.

I actually got the 1CC on Hard for Final Vendetta! Right down to the last life! My overall ranks is a B, but I do not care. The ranking system is ass, but at least I beat my high score with 3,100, 000 points. I used Duke because he has the best and easiest to use juggle moves. Duke is a combination of Adam and Axel, which is another reason why I favor him.

This game I am putting down for a while, until they patch the console versions. The Steam version already has the patch update, but I am not dropping another $20+ for features that should have been in the game at the start. The last boss I still don't like, even when you know the pattern and how it works. But I hate the 4th boss, "The Gentleman" (Randy Savage knock off), even more. If you're playing as Duke or Claire, there are exploits to beat his overpowered ass, but good luck with trying of with Miller. Unless you're doing co-op, you might get lucky.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
How do you like it? I've put in a handful of hours and I like it, despite it not really being anything special. I stopped playing it, mostly due to my hand strain/pain I've started to develop recently when using kb/m for games. :cry:

As for me, my current backlog rotation is:
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Mega Man X5
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Norco
- FAR: Changing Tides
- Cuphead: The DLC

non-backlog games I'm playing:
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina
- Vampire Savior
- Skater XL
- Fall Guys
I have been enjoying it so far, love the look of the city

Wish the game had more variety though

Dr. Cheesesteak

I have been enjoying it so far, love the look of the city

Wish the game had more variety though
Yeah, that's part of the "nothing special" I considered. Game did get a bit repetitive in both gameplay and visuals fairly quickly. But luckily an interesting enough world to keep me wanting to still play. ...in short segments lol.

Goldsickle

Was buying my Netflix card at 7-Eleven when the staff there curiously asked if you can watch Netflix on a phone.
I said that he can and I spent the next 10 minutes or so giving him a walkthrough on how to activate Netflix on his phone.
After all the account registration is done, he plays Lost In Space and goes "WHOA, THANKS!" before I left.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I did another run of Arcade Hard Mode, in Final Vendetta. This time as Claire; I did a 1CC with her. I did not beat my recent high score, but was not expecting do so. I managed to get 101 kills in Survival mode with her too. I unlocked some other achievements such as no using a Super bar for an entire stage. I tried Ultra Difficulty, and **** that ****. I got to the 4th stage, and lost my only two lives. Hidden lives are disable, and the only other change is the 3rd boss has an alternate theme. Not worth the stress on the heart and mind. I beat Hard mode with everybody, so that is good enough for me. I know I said I was done before, but this time I mean it. Not touching again until the patch comes out on consoles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Evil Within 2 - I am on chapter 8 and taking a break to eat dinner. Once again, what's the point of these XBOX One X "Enhancements" when it causes the game to crash. If you have the option, don't bother with the unlocked frame rate. It makes the game more prone to crash. There was nothing wrong at first, but my game crashed at 3 different points within the same chapter (Chapter 7). Putting it at the default locked frame rate has stopped this. I know it's not the copy of my game, because the CD is clean, and my PS4 version only ever crashed once.

This is the second game I played to not gain much from the enhancement, that is of a big budget. So far, RE2Remake is the only one not to crash, nor glitch from it.

Top Bottom