• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Been reading Lifeblood (Darkside 2) with kiddo for the past few days. Also beta-reading for a fellow writer, and picked up Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology. It's slow-going between the three (and other stuff) but luckily they're all good reads.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13427430/1/

"Mafia x Vampire" is an interesting Katekyo Hitman Reborn/Rosario+Vampire crossover. Tsuna is let go from the Mafia and he and his friends have a falling out afterward. He ends going to Yokai Academy because being in the Mafia didn't improve his grades. This starts out similar to most Rosario+Vampire crossover and rethreads the early episodes but Tsuna and his new status quo added some new subtext.

Tsuna being around actually improved Tsukune as a character. Unlike the manga, Tsuna doesn't reset after each arc so you start to feel the weight of his misadventures in his character. He ends being a stealth mentor to Tsukune and it is hilarious.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12714466/1/

"The Flower Princess and the alchemist" is an interesting Full Metal Alchemist/Bleach crossover. Orihime gets transported somehow to Amestris and ends up traveling with Ed and Al. It's a basic setup elevated with great character work. This is the best take on Orihime to me and her burgeoning relationship with Ed is more believable than her time with Ichigo ever was.

Beyond the romantic aspect, there is a strong horror aspect as the implication with the spirit world. Amestris has hollows and Ed and Al can't see them. Orihime has to deal with this on her own and it creates interesting tension for her and Ed.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I am currently on D.Gray Man fanfiction binge. These are my favourites so far:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7527589/chapters/17111536 - Grave Mistake
Essentially, young Allen is necromancer and summons Neah's corpse. I really like Allen and Neah's interaction, especially as Neah becomes a mentor to Allen.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/5980570/chapters/13743805 - Learning to Breathe
Allen moves to world where there was no war, and learns that in that world there is no holy war, and he can actually get along with Noahs.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8998831/chapters/20549314 - White Lillies And Black Poppies
Neah who is not really interested in erasing Allen, and instead manages to get his actual body back.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20850677/chapters/49564229 - Under The Gallows
A series of executions by much darker Neah.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
A friend reminded me that I need to have something Holmesian written by the fourth of May, so I'm currently rereading bits of Michael Kurland's Professor Moriarty series and ACD's The Final Problem. Also been reading lots of fanfic but the list is rather long. LOL

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Beta-reading for another writer, but also:

43672591._SY475_.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wrapped this up a few days ago.
52402406._SX318_SY475_.jpg

Now I have to wait on Vol. 7 to come out. T_T (Nah, it's fine; it may not follow the game exactly, but it follows enough that I more or less know how this is going to turn out. Still really love it, though. I hope they make a manga series for BotW next).

Now I'm currently reading:

37839111._SY475_.jpg

I remember enjoying the Paper Magician series (the main three books, anyway. I never read the sort-of fourth installment). I'm tentative with this though, because a lot of people who enjoyed that series have had trouble with everything she's written after... And while Followed by Frost was good, I know it didn't do it for me like The Paper Magician did, so...yeah. We'll see how this one pans out. ^^;

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Just finished The Ghost and Mrs. Muir by R. A. Dick. I went into it a little nervous considering it was written in 1945, but it's honestly very sweet and a nice, light read. Both of the mcs are good examples of how characters can grow and shape each other, even if their innate natures remain the same. It's very close to the '47 film though, so if you've seen that you know exactly what's going to happen (it's just some minor changes to the order of events and little details). I think my only criticism is that it's kinda too short? More of a novella than a novel. But it's really nice, if you like sweet, mostly straight-forward romances.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The Irish mythological cycle and Celtic mythology
by Arbois de Jubainville, H. d' (Henry), 1827-1910; Best, R. I. (Richard Irvine); United Irishman

Book is old so it is in public domain. I found it by searching for Fomorian invasions.

Be careful of that, ireland has 2 distinctly different ancestry

Celtic is mixed , and then you have gaels like me which are native and different and have their own myth lore

I've been reading Robin hobb books lately to answer too

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Boy With the Thorn In His Side Pt. 1 by Chantelle Atkins.

42899879._SY475_.jpg

Let's just say this author either knew the themes present in this book first-hand, or did her research really frigging well. Pretty triggering, but I knew what I was heading into, and when I'm done, I'll be reading the next installments in the series regardless.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Boy With the Thorn in HIs Side Part 2 (by Chantelle Atkins).

It's doing my head in quite a bit (thank you, CPTSD), so I might need a break from the series after this one.

I'll definitely read them, though. The writing's not perfect, but it's compelling as all hell.

Top Bottom