• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It was a wonderful cottage vacation with friends and I really love these gals, but I also love sleeping at home, in my bed, next to my husband... *stretches and yawns*... and I love the thought of NOT having to travel 7-10 hours by car today :D

Definitely doing that again with them, though. :)

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Learned new skills in my job for Photoshop, because we are academic besides digital marketing and I like this in my job that they pay attention to human resource I mean we discussed this matter in almost one hour half session, and maybe with my new job and learning new skills I can finally do something better for modding as my hobby to do my job better.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

@Morgan you might get your wish. ;)

I wonder how Meyer isn't getting rowlinged already. I mean, for example, glorifying domestic and sexual violence, self-harm in order to manipulate your ex to get back to you, stalking women during their sleep, and an adult feeling attraction towards a 7yo child...

But well, I guess canceling Rowling's works for her opinions as a private person is just popular while canceling Meyer's works for the words for young women in her actual books is not. ;)

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Simple answer to the above question: has Meyer said anything that's ostensibly offended trans women (and so-called activists) specifically lately?
I think it's far more dangerous to fantasize about domestic violence and self-harm in a book that is read by pre-teen girls with no word of critique inside it than say something as a private person in a platform that is open to critique. The latter allows people to publicly react into what they think is wrong, thus providing a more fruitful approach, probably also offering people more viewpoints (as in "Hey, I never actually thought it this way"), while as a print in a book there's a greater chance it'll be taken for granted, letting it sink in without a second thought. That's where the logic is missing, IMO. Canceling someone's works simply causes people to hide with their opinions, while discussing with them would be actually valuable.

On the other hand: also I think it's just odd to reflect a private person's actions to their works of art. Disagreeing with the person themself, however, is a different thing, and correctly targeted IMO. As would be simply unliking the person. But that's a different thing from the above, and of course more sensitive one. I'm all open for education in that, though. Via PM, if you think it's, erm, a red zone to be discussed anywhere else. :unsure:

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I'm handling some other things rn so the discussion will happen later eventually, I'm just saying Meyer hasn't gotten cancelled because she hasn't actively offended what Twitter deems the Most Oppressed Group On The Planet right now. A primary reason is lack of means. She doesn't have social media. If she did, she probably would be spouting some nonsense. As it is, pointing out racism, misogyny, pedophilia, and just general lack of writerly sense in her works does nothing because people will only know her works are cancelled whenever she puts anything out and it fails to sell. Meanwhile if she had a Twitter people would know of her cancellation by her privating or deleting her account, her Verified mark disappearing, and uh, people constantly replying to her tweets telling her how offended and disappointed they are.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm handling some other things rn so the discussion will happen later eventually, I'm just saying Meyer hasn't gotten cancelled because she hasn't actively offended what Twitter deems the Most Oppressed Group On The Planet right now. A primary reason is lack of means. She doesn't have social media. If she did, she probably would be spouting some nonsense. As it is, pointing out racism, misogyny, pedophilia, and just general lack of writerly sense in her works does nothing because people will only know her works are cancelled whenever she puts anything out and it fails to sell. Meanwhile if she had a Twitter people would know of her cancellation by her privating or deleting her account, her Verified mark disappearing, and uh, people constantly replying to her tweets telling her how offended and disappointed they are.

Makes sense. It's hard to create a viral cancel campaign on something that is not visible.
... From which we could easily get back to ranting about Internet 2.0... :D

--

CT, I'm really sore and honestly my greatest wish is that my due date was calculated somehow wrong because there's literally no sleeping, standing, sitting, or walking position that wouldn't hurt, and it's still going to be a few weeks...
Well, at least it's a sign of progress, so everything's fine even though it's annoying.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Second dose tomorrow. Not excited, but I'll honestly just be glad when it's over. If they think we're getting the third "booster" six months later, they can go do something rather unpleasant with themselves. If it doesn't work after two, it doesn't work.

+I'm so tired, lately. Allergies and possibly a cold are driving me crazy. Oh, to take properly breathing for granted again... o_O

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Morning thoughts: It's scary how seemingly random words can be triggering.
Like, my spouse mentioned the word "bath foam" in everyday context, and suddenly there's a relived memory from my childhood years, emotional flashback, and a panic attack because of stuff I suddenly remembered and which had a mild connection to bath foam.

But I think it's a good thing after all. There are massive blackouts in my past, repressed memories and stuff that was necessary to forget in order to survive. Now that they're slowly coming back to my mind means that I'm getting the puzzle together.
And the more I remember, the better I'm getting, so even though it's sometimes hard, it's necessary.

Some day I'll just laugh at how ridiculous the whole bath foam thing really was. :p

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan TVTROPES supports your assertion about Helter and Travis being Dante pastiches.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Well, we're at that point now where people are getting tired of bright colors and Fornite looking/art style games (Saints Row reboot trailer). I dislike and don't care of Fornite either, but I don't mind having color in my games. I never ever want to go back to the era gen 7 games color palette. Thankfully, no one is pinning for dog **** brown/gunmetal grey.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Well, we're at that point now where people are getting tired of bright colors and Fornite looking/art style games (Saints Row reboot trailer). I dislike and don't care of Fornite either, but I don't mind having color in my games. I never ever want to go back to the era gen 7 games color palette. Thankfully, no one is pinning for dog **** brown/gunmetal grey.
The PS3 generation was visually my least favorite era in games. Almost everything was washed out and drab looking.

Goldsickle

If someone has superpowers, they shouldn't just restrict themselves to fighting supervillains or saving earth against alien monsters or killer robots.

If superheroes are invincible, they should become super-whistleblowers.

What is the government gonna do about that?
Plant a bomb in the superhuman dude's car or house?
All they're gonna do is make the him angrier.

Try to silence him by killing him in prison and make it look like an "accident"?
You can't even drag him to prison.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
If someone has superpowers, they shouldn't just restrict themselves to fighting supervillains or saving earth against alien monsters or killer robots.

If superheroes are invincible, they should become super-whistleblowers.

What is the government gonna do about that?
Plant a bomb in the superhuman dude's car or house?
All they're gonna do is make the him angrier.

Try to silence him by killing him in prison and make it look like an "accident"?
You can't even drag him to prison.
I like the way you think!
Now why isn't Clark Kent doing that? I mean he's a reporter, but come on.

The PS3 generation was visually my least favorite era in games. Almost everything was washed out and drab looking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom