• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Something I always wanted to know as a kid... Why the hell did Spiderman had a... beetle symbol on his back in the animated series rather than, you know, a spider?

vlcsnap-2021-04-23-20h00m57s463.jpg
It's because spiders are hella thicc round the back

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Mother has found the joys of Facebook again and I just hope she won't find me.

Hmm, just thought that maybe I'll just deactivate my FB for a while to ensure that. I don't want to get an abuser on my back right before the due date when I might be vulnerable by nature.

Need to apologize that for my locksport contacts though, I guess...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@therogis
Man dual swords seem OP as hell. That one skill that reacts to enemy block is amazing. And against bosses it's easy to apply status effects cause they hit so fast.

But anyway, got a crap load of points and skills now, finally I'm starting to combo. Some bosses can definitely be comboed too, mainly the humanoid, sword wielding ones.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@therogis
Man dual swords seem OP as hell. That one skill that reacts to enemy block is amazing. And against bosses it's easy to apply status effects cause they hit so fast.
Haha they're my 2nd melee, I use them when tonfa is slightly too fast-paced choice :) but I prefer to use my skill points to tonfa because it's my first choice and I change it only when altering stance is not providing enough options for battle rhythm (I actually count stuff like "OK, on this enemy cue I have a time slot to hit one heavy attack on mid stance or two light attacks + dodge on high stance" - I use light armor so I'm just aiming to be faster than the enemy and taking little to zero hits).
You might have said this but are you on nioh 1 or 2?

N1 dual sword tip: Windstorm skill is damn efficient in breaking demon horns and taking all their Ki. ;)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You might have said this but are you on nioh 1 or 2?

1. Complete Edition. Was given away on Epic Store.

N1 dual sword tip: Windstorm skill is damn efficient in breaking demon horns and taking all their Ki. ;)

I just use high stance attacks for that. Vertical slices are basically guaranteed to hit the horns.

----------

Rewatching the Raimi Spiderman movies sure as hell makes you realize the difference between a superhero movie made by an authorial director and... the MCU. The latter is all about visual value with little to no heart and soul in it, felt dry to watch the MCU Spidey flicks after the Raimi ones, especially 2.

Also I want a The Office style show set in the Daily Bugle of the old movies. Damn, only now do I see the potential in that.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I just use high stance attacks for that. Vertical slices are basically guaranteed to hit the horns.
Definitely. As my playstyle relies a lot on fast moves and being always able to dash on close contact, I usually stick to mid or low stance to save Ki. Windstorm hits the horns from a bit of distance as well.

Though, as I prefer tonfa, it rarely is an option.

Thanks for making me excited for N1 again btw! I'm still stuck on White Tiger lol. Gonna go after that bastard today again...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm still stuck on White Tiger lol. Gonna go after that bastard today again...

I remember my tactic was baiting the lunge by staying far away and then beating the crap out of him in the face to make him stagger while dodging towards him to avoid his swings.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I remember my tactic was baiting the lunge by staying far away and then beating the crap out of him in the face to make him stagger while dodging towards him to avoid his swings.
The damn laser beam is usually my fate. It should be fairly easy to side-step, but I'm just failing it all the time.

Nue was the absolute worst boss in the game this far for me, and as White Tiger is a lot similar... yeah. For this exact reason, I just skip the optional second Nue waiting in the clearing between the rocks before the White Tiger. Enough Nue resurrection for me in WT lol.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Rewatching the Raimi Spiderman movies sure as hell makes you realize the difference between a superhero movie made by an authorial director and... the MCU. The latter is all about visual value with little to no heart and soul in it, felt dry to watch the MCU Spidey flicks after the Raimi ones, especially 2.
There are MCU Spider-Man flicks? I only know about Iron Lad in a Spider Costume, whose character arc begins in a Captain America movie, continues in the Iron Lad solo movie about him being Iron Man's protégé and fast tracking a lesson in his solo outing that Iron Man only learned as a grown man in IM3, involves two other Avengers movies where he isn't even the main focus and gets a) molly-whopped by Thanos and then b) wastes time taking out fodder and getting an assist from Captain Marvel and the Other Avengers Ladies Who Have Never Once Talked To Each Other Throughout Any Of The Other Movies. Then his arc culminated in the second Iron Lad solo movie where he's mourning Iron Man as if he knew the dude personally when that rich motherf#cker's debut into his life was getting into his apartment to hit on his aunt and rope him into a lie, insult his super suit, call him a boy and then kidnap him with a side of blackmail. That second solo movie ends with a secret identity reveal that parallels.... Iron Man's reveal in the end of his first movie.

I don't remember there being a Spider-Man movie in the MCU.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: Meg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Ah, my favourite genre! Want to tell more?
All too happy to oblige. ^^ Here's the (working) summary:

Titania is a world of glitz and glamour, of technological advancement—and a shining beacon of intergalactic cooperation.

Or so many of its people believe.

But it's all a lie. Cabe knows this, and so do many others in the district of Svartal Heights, where they are subjected to curfews, castes, and far worse at the hands of their so-called “benevolent” government.

Ruling over them is the Triumvirate, a totalitarian regime formed sixty years before, when the Colossus War ended. But they're not the only ones Titania's citizens need fear. Powerful criminal organizations, the ruling classes, and the mysterious STATIC—a group the Triumvirate would have Titania's people believe is the root of all evil, but Cabe is certain will lead to their salvation...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's October 1st. Got ZERO symptoms of seasonal depression.
ZERO.

Even in terms of "slightly suspicious" ones like stress or hypervigilance. Zero.

Yay!!

Last fall was great as well but not THIS great. And to be honest, I was afraid it was only because I was in Germany this time of the year (having a lot more daylight than in Finland). :D
*pats herself and proceeds to listen some music*

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
it's a new chapter in my life ;), I probably move with my parents to new house and one of rooms is customized by my style (I mean the room color :love:), now the only thing is left is pack up my gear (gamers armor or sword and some food or other items :ROFL:), I don't still no idea when we move to new house, only time will tell :unsure:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom