• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Rolanthas

Hey Greg, thanks for the additional info. Both of these came as a shock to me. I was half expecting a DmC remix but the extent of the additions was a very, very pleasant surprise. Same goes for DMC 4 as well, simply mind blowing after all this time.

Rolanthas

Oh yeah, GAF thread is also full of people beating themselves to rage again. Supposedly buying one means you wage war on the other or something? Smart stuff all around.

I swear, it's like as if it's impossible to like the reboot if you love the OG series, like mentally impossible, judging by how they go at it.

Now, I've been a DMC fan since the launch day of the first one, bought it BEFORE I got my PS2. I remember the time when Devilmaycry2.com was a fan site and all. I have countless, countless hours of playtime on each game excepting 2, I've always found nothing but joy and fascination with following the community along. DmC's reception thaught me that what I thought the players were like, and what they were really like, was wildly different. Just like ji-high, this is the only place where I discuss DMC since then. Simply impossible to find respectful, reasonable and thoughtful discussion otherwise.

Sorry for rant/

Last edited:

GF9000000Returns

Well, that was great distraction of studying for finals. I'M! SO! PUMPED for this! I just hope they do more than just speed and costumes. Maybe put the scrapped ideas in? But whatever, words can't explain how excited I am for this. My faith in Capcom ha restored!

Word Of Advice

Guys, if you value your own sanity, DO NOT look at the comment sections of those trailers.
It is a complete cluster**** there.

Yeah, ignorance is bliss. People constantly comparing consoles to PC, and this and that. I also find it funny how some like to complain about this game having a remake and say that remakes are a waste of time and money, but when the DMC4:SE was announced after it, they shut up and got excited for that, but whatever, not letting that get in the way of the celebration.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And seeing how DMC4 had little time in the trailers, I'm quite skeptical on the improvements of the game. Still, fingers crossed.

Well keep in mind, Gregaman said they would be revealing stuff for DMC4se later on. They're keeping info on it close to the chest for now, since it's not coming until summertime.

Addressing a couple questions:

-Turbo Mode is a toggle-able setting, so yes it basically functions like Super Dante and can be applied to the various game modes in the game.

Thanks so much Greg! I was worried that we couldn't get Turbo with something like Hardcore. This truly is a definitive edition.

Are you able to elaborate on how the manual lock works? Is it like holding R1 to focus a la DMC, or is it like tapping R3 to engage the lock and you don't have to hold it afterwards? I'm just so curious how this new feature will be implemented within the control scheme n.n

-Yes, we will be streaming the game weekly starting in the new year. I also have a crapload of B-roll footage with a particularly well-known DmC player at the helm....

Oh man, some SamD I'm guessing? Hopefully I can catch the streams now with my new schedule. Your streams were always a blast to watch.

Captain Xin

Somebody punch me, I must be dreaming! :'(

Oh yeah, GAF thread is also full of people beating themselves to rage again. Supposedly buying one means you wage war on the other or something? Smart stuff all around.

I swear, it's like as if it's impossible to like the reboot if you love the OG series, like mentally impossible, judging by how they go at it.

Now, I've been a DMC fan since the launch day of the first one, bought it BEFORE I got my PS2. I remember the time when Devilmaycry2.com was a fan site and all. I have countless, countless hours of playtime on each game excepting 2, I've always found nothing but joy and fascination with following the community along. DmC's reception thaught me that what I thought the players were like, and what they were really like, was wildly different. Just like ji-high, this is the only place where I discuss DMC since then. Simply impossible to find respectful, reasonable and thoughtful discussion otherwise.

Sorry for rant/

I would just ignore them and let myself gets hyped by the trailer.

But yeah, those forum and YouTube comment are quite toxic

Last edited by a moderator:

GregaMan

>Are you able to elaborate on how the manual lock works? Is it like holding R1 to focus a la DMC, or is it like tapping >R3 to engage the lock and you don't have to hold it afterwards? I'm just so curious how this new feature will be >implemented within the control scheme n.n

Yeah, so lock-on is mappable like the other inputs, or you can of course opt not to use it at all. You can also choose to make it a "Hold" input or a "Toggle" input, depending on your play style. The trailer shows this off if you watch closely, but the lock-on does allow for some cool tricks like doing the Osiris' "Streak" move on an enemy behind you, causing Dante to do it in a crazy, curvy motion. This was doable before with very particular timing, but now you can do it pretty much every time.

>Will there be new bosses in this remake?

Nope, the focus here isn't really on expanding on the lore or core content, it's on polishing, refining, and embellishing. So you won't find new stages or bosses, but substantial changes/additions to what was there already, including some interesting changes to boss behavior.

>How will the bosses act(will they do new moves in harder difficulties, will they become more >aggressive)?

There are some changes to their AI, and in some cases things like attack speed and so forth, but I won't detail them all here. There are some changes I don't even know about, but that I'm 100% sure the community will uncover.

Gbraga

Addressing a couple questions:

-Turbo Mode is a toggle-able setting, so yes it basically functions like Super Dante and can be applied to the various game modes in the game.

-No taunts confirmed, sorry. Guess young Dante likes to let his weapons do the talking.

-Yes, we will be streaming the game weekly starting in the new year. I also have a crapload of B-roll footage with a particularly well-known DmC player at the helm....

-On "this versus that":
I think this announcement raises a new opportunity to liken Devil May Cry to other "multi-legged" IPs like Mega Man, which had multiple sub-series running concurrently, including those that deviated dramatically from the original games' formula (think Mega Man Legends), or also most popular comic book heroes like Batman or Spider Man. I don't think the existence of sub-brands means everyone needs to take a partisan stance--quite the contrary, the idea is that if you like one, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of the other. I know I am a rabid fan for both games we just announced, and I think both stand light years above just about any other "character action" games out there in terms of action mechanics.

With that in mind, I encourage everybody to be excited, and maybe to also use this upcoming opportunity to deviate outside your comfort zones a little bit. There will be no better stylish action games next year than these two, and neither will take a year to play (though you could play either for years and still learn new tricks).
Awesome, can't wait for the streams!

EDIT: Greg, can you elaborate on the control mapping? Can I map Rainstorm to a button on consoles now like I can only on PC for the vanilla game?

Can I map Lock-on to R1 and then change the modifiers to work like previous DMC games? So, for example, R1 + forward + /\ = Stinger?

That would be the best case scenario for me.

Oh, and did you find any new tricks with the new DT that doesn't launche nemies?

jagotron

Defender of The Universe

Sorry for rant/
Not impossible seeing as how i own all the original games since release including original dmc3 and love the reboot, however i too did have gripes with the game but literally all of them seem to be fixed in this new edition, dmc4 im only excited about the possibility that this will be them porting dmc3 vergil AND dante, cause i prefer dmc3 gameplay to 4 but being able to take the best of 4 (all weapons and style switch) with the dmc3 weapons would be perfect.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
>Are you able to elaborate on how the manual lock works? Is it like holding R1 to focus a la DMC, or is it like tapping >R3 to engage the lock and you don't have to hold it afterwards? I'm just so curious how this new feature will be >implemented within the control scheme n.n

Yeah, so lock-on is mappable like the other inputs, or you can of course opt not to use it at all. You can also choose to make it a "Hold" input or a "Toggle" input, depending on your play style. The trailer shows this off if you watch closely, but the lock-on does allow for some cool tricks like doing the Osiris' "Streak" move on an enemy behind you, causing Dante to do it in a crazy, curvy motion. This was doable before with very particular timing, but now you can do it pretty much every time.

Oh wow, so much accommodation for the new feature. That's so awesome! More questions! When it's engaged does it hard lock direct you to only your target, or can you still override the lock by pointing the left stick at a different enemy? Do you need to tap the "change target" key to switch targets still, or can you also tilt the right stick to sweep through other available targets.

Also - has normal enemy behavior been tweaked at all? I like how the enemies actively seek to interrupt and flank, instead of just rushing headlong into your sword, but was the broadcast time of their attacks decreased so you have less time to notice when they are getting ready to attack, or is that maybe one of the features of Hardcore mode?

Can you talk about the changes made to some of the other moves? How were the Angel and Demon Evades tweaked?

Oh, and did I spy a sped up animation for Rainstorm, or were my eyes deceiving me?

Top Bottom