• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
HOLY ****!

60FPS!
1080P!!
NEW ****ING SKINS!!!
DMC1 DANTE SKIN
GMD!!
HARDCORE!!!
MUST STYLE MODE
TURBO MODE!!!!
MANUAK LOCK ON!!!
VERGIL BP!!!!
ALL DLC
ActualFeistyBettong.gif

AND PLAYABLE VERGIL IN DMC4!!

FINALLY Capcom delivers.

Last edited:

GF9000000Returns

>Will there be new bosses in this remake?

Nope, the focus here isn't really on expanding on the lore or core content, it's on polishing, refining, and embellishing. So you won't find new stages or bosses, but substantial changes/additions to what was there already, including some interesting changes to boss behavior.

>How will the bosses act(will they do new moves in harder difficulties, will they become more >aggressive)?

There are some changes to their AI, and in some cases things like attack speed and so forth, but I won't detail them all here. There are some changes I don't even know about, but that I'm 100% sure the community will uncover.

Thanks for answering my questions, sir! Man, I hope the bosses act more aggressive in harder modes, because that was one of the few problems I had with the original game.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Just as the title says, apparently DmC is coming to PS4 & Xbox One with these features:

• 60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
  • Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
  • Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
  • New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
  • Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
  • Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
  • Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
  • Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
  • Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
  • Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
  • Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
  • Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
  • New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.
Thoughts on this, guys?

That's quite a lot of new features, although The DMC 4 Vergil! Is that will it be a stand alone on it's own?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@GregaMan, if you had DmC for last gen consoles, does all the data for things you've already done in that game get carried over to the Definitive Edition?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, GAF thread is also full of people beating themselves to rage again. Supposedly buying one means you wage war on the other or something? Smart stuff all around.

I swear, it's like as if it's impossible to like the reboot if you love the OG series, like mentally impossible, judging by how they go at it.

A gamer is someone who plays games from most or all genres and is open minded about what they play. A fanboy is someone who favors one side and decries anyone who is open minded.

Long story short, avoid the fanboys.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
I was wondering when one of those pathetic individuals would show up....as Dante would put it: 'What took you so long?'.

Hah ah you got me, I just wanted to poke the bee hive a little. I have no feelings on the subject ( though the question still stands )

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
  • Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
  • Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
  • Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
  • Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
  • Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
  • Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
You all know how I feel about DmC, but seeing all this actually makes me look back at how I felt with Ninja Gaiden 3 and Razors Edge.
NG3 sucked balls, DmC also sucked balls, but Razors Edge at least realized NG3 screwed up and tried to fix it's mistakes and at least try to be good in the end and ended up being a decent game, now seeing these newly added features to DmC makes it look like a "DmC: Devil May Cry Razors Edge" and I'm happy to see all this.

Hire Reuben Langdon to VA the classic Dante outfits, add taunts and give me an option to never play as Donte and I'll give this version of the game my seal of approval :)

Top Bottom